Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Nostalgia Over load thread, GO!

AfroPony

So I was on a "90s-show-blast-to-the-past" marathon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMAgQf4ZJXY&feature=related

SO whats your favorite show from the 90s, and what made the show special to you?

Samurai Jack was my favorite show, because of its action and animation style. I also liked it mainly because I watched almost every episode with my dad :). From the awesome futuristic club episode, to the flash back of his childhood episode.

Now you've heard enough from me.

NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD

GO!

post-7042-0-61866000-1345939142.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I've always been a 90's kid. Loved cartoons way back then and still love cartoons now. Marsupilami, SatAM Sonic, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Road Rovers, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Freakazoid...there's way too many to list. I have no real favorites, I was just like "WATCH ALL THE CARTOONS"

Still like that today. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Most of you aren't old enough for this one.

Psh, video game skills. Give me that prototype version of Sonic 2, I would have destroyed it.

1990's hmmm

Well Gargoyles was kind of like the my little ponies of the time -- a series made for the young that attracted mainly an older audience due to the story and characters.

Then there was babylon 5 for the regular tv stuff.

Then again we are kind of dating ourselves as the upper age group from here, having full knowledge of the 90's.

Hmm didnt realize tiny toons // animaniacs was that old. Tempus Fugit.

May not Be 90's but this is the Show I'm the most nostalgic over.

I really need to see an Episode again to see if it lives up to my Nostalgia.

Maybe cause I didn't have Cable till the 2000's

Edited by CrazyClay
  • Brohoof 1

Have I got one for you all, this comic spans quite a bit of the nostalgic time-line for myself, and its funny.

Posted Image

Because I was born in 1999, I could never experience these cartoons, but the most nostalgic thing for me is looking at my Game Boy Advanced. That thing was my childhood. Also, playing old PS2 games that I used to love gives me extreme nostalgia.

(Sorry I couldn't contribute with a TV show, but I thought that maybe this could make up for it.)

If I may, I have 90's music to add instead of shows. Sugar Ray. THAT gives me nostalgia. Especially Every Morning.

I had almost forgotten about them. Definitely some good ones here and there. I liked this one in particular:

The ultimate nostalgia overload for me has gotta be... when Cartoon Network would play movies. A lot of the time they were movies I'd never heard of, but they always had a really bittersweet quality to them and I always get nostalgic just thinking about them because some of the films were so confusing to me as a child... they were wacky but always seemed kind of sad.

- I remember seeing "An American Tail" through this

- I also saw "The Iron Giant" through this, and that's probably my favorite animated film

- "We're Back, A Dinosaur's Story" I just remember this film being particularly odd. I never finished it and I still don't remember what exactly happened.

- And there was one film that I only saw 3 minutes of...

But I think it was about this boy who could travel between the stories in books... something like that. I think the title may have had "-master" or "-wizard" in it's title. I think the boy had glasses.

I always wanted to know *what* this movie's title was because I was dying to finish it. if someone could help me with this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

But yeah you guys remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHiOro0rRDo&feature=related

• Brohoof 1

Have I got one for you all, this comic spans quite a bit of the nostalgic time-line for myself, and its funny.

Posted Image

Holy cow that is just awesome. I never really payed attention to things like that. My mind is seriously blown.

The ultimate nostalgia overload for me has gotta be... when Cartoon Network would play movies. A lot of the time they were movies I'd never heard of, but they always had a really bittersweet quality to them and I always get nostalgic just thinking about them because some of the films were so confusing to me as a child... they were wacky but always seemed kind of sad.

- I remember seeing "An American Tail" through this

- I also saw "The Iron Giant" through this, and that's probably my favorite animated film

- "We're Back, A Dinosaur's Story" I just remember this film being particularly odd. I never finished it and I still don't remember what exactly happened.

- And there was one film that I only saw 3 minutes of...

But I think it was about this boy who could travel between the stories in books... something like that. I think the title may have had "-master" or "-wizard" in it's title. I think the boy had glasses.

I always wanted to know *what* this movie's title was because I was dying to finish it. if someone could help me with this, it'd be greatly appreciated.

But yeah you guys remember this?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHiOro0rRDo&feature=related

I can help you with that. It was called The Pagemaster. Where a young boy becomes an illustration and tries to get back to the real world through timeless classics like Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde and Treasure Island. I watched that movie a lot.
  • Brohoof 1

The 90's was a great time to a live in and a great time for T.V. Their were great shows like Power Rangers, VR Troopers, Beetle Borges, SWAT Kats, Freakazoid, Animaniacs. All great shows, back when networks put in effort to make a good show.

Thing is the 90s were missing ponies. Or at least the kind of ponies that one would actually want to watch. Hence there really are some good shows that still exist.

I think when you look back, you use larger time windows making you think things were better -- IE you look at the 80s or the 90s whereas you are comparing it to what is on in a single year window today. If you took 2002-2012 it would be a little more fair. There were some pretty bum years as well as good years.

More that some of you might remember. 6:00 am before school.

Also, there's this, which I watched because it was on before Spiderman.