Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Laughing Dash Pencil

Lost

Decided that i wanted to draw this:

post-7214-0-92078300-1346034671_thumb.png

This is only my 3rd drawing ever (yes ever) and i only started drawing a few weeks ago (you can see my first two on this thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/29063-first-drawing-edit-second-drawing/#entry670183 )

I think the scale is a little off and her "arm" is kinda wrong, but what do you think? any feedback/suggestions?

post-7214-0-07815200-1346034874_thumb.jpg

edit:

now that i see them compared i see so much wrong with it, the scale and angle is all wrong, it looks hardly anything like the original and nothing like rainbow dash :/

• Brohoof 4

We don't know what your talking about lost it looks fine

don't try to make it like the original make it the way you feel about it

do this and you'll make great drawing

so don't be so hard on yourself you did good

(edited)

dont be to hard on yourself, it may not look LIKE the original, that doesn't make it bad. If you want me to nitpick, then the face and mouth could be curveyer, if thats a word. The arm does look off, but really it's nothing big.

Thanks, i think i may rework it sometime soon, and a quick google search deemed curveyer as not a word, but apparently curvier is a word ^^

We don't know what your talking about lost it looks fine

don't try to make it like the original make it the way you feel about it

do this and you'll make great drawing

so don't be so hard on yourself you did good

Thanks, suppose your right, i should draw something how i think it should be, although i do think it needs some adjusting.

You did really well. Sure, it's the tiniest bit off in places, but it still looks amazing! Great job ^^

Thanks Edited by Lost

Thanks, suppose your right, i should draw something how i think it should be, although i do think it needs some adjusting.

Then don't adjust it

but what you can do is add to it

like put fluttershy in looking serirous like when she was jokeweeded

dude that dosen't make sence

o well he'll get it...

That is actually a very good drawing for being drawn by eye. Its not perfect, but it is very hard to draw something perfectly by eye without tracing it. Keep practicing and you will get much better and don't be disappointed if it doesn't turn out exactly like the original image.

Edited by lugiaxd2

If this is your 3rd drawing then I'm amazed. It took me a life time to get to the level that I draw at now. I was no where near this at my 3rd drawing. Point being, you should feel confident on your future drawings. Despite the small miss judgements, this is indeed well done! Take it from me, if you can you already draw like this then you should find yourself as one of the greatest drawers anyone has ever seen.

Wow, sweet stuff man! Also, don't be too harsh on your drawings, its perfect!

And can you tell me what program you use to draw? Thanks in advance!

I use a program called pencil and some hardware called paper :P

I'm drawing using pencil and paper, the top image is what i was drawing, which is a screenshot of the show so.. whatever they use.

Drawing digitally, your usually best off with something like Photoshop, but i see a lot of people using InkScape to draw vectors. Try that out ^^

I use a program called pencil and some hardware called paper :P

I'm drawing using pencil and paper, the top image is what i was drawing, which is a screenshot of the show so.. whatever they use.

Drawing digitally, your usually best off with something like Photoshop, but i see a lot of people using InkScape to draw vectors. Try that out ^^

*of course* thanks anyways