Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, hypothetically, if Fluttershy did a sonic rainboom...

shotoku

So I was thinking, if Fluttershy somehow did a sonic rainboom (or any pegasus for that matter), would it come out as a rainbow like when Dash does it, or would it just be a big pink explosion? (or whatever color the pegasus's mane is).

Not saying that this could happen as Rainbow Dash is the only one fast enough to do it, this is more of "how do you think a rainboom works?" thread. Do you think it always turns into a rainbow, or if it just depends on the colors of the pegasus in question.

I'm really drowsy by the way so don't hate me if this is a dumb idea.

• Brohoof 2

I assume it would simply be a sonic boom for any other pegasus who can go at that speed, but it would be interesting to know if any other pony could preform the same feat as Dash.

• Brohoof 1

i believe that the Wonderbolts can actually can do a sonic boom which is why that feat isnt enough to ger RD into the wonderbolt.

a sonic rainboom can only be done by "ponies like Rainbowdash"- stated by Pinkie Pie

• Brohoof 1

I sincerely doubt that any pegasus currently noted and around could pull off a sonic rainboom. I mean it was legend before Rainbow Dash actually managed to do it, and judging from the wing power episode, Rainbow Dash is very far off the charts (like 16 vs 10 off the charts -- or if you had a foot race someone beating bolt by 2 whole seconds to the finish line). And while RD has become better at them (the one at the wedding seemed fairly effortless) I do not see her being able to do three of them before breakfast.

As for the rainbow effect, I think that the initial burst rainbow would always be there but the trail rainbow at supersonic speeds might not be.

• Brohoof 2

Well, considering it is called a 'Sonic Rainboom', I would think that no matter who the pony was, it would come out as a Rainbow and not differentiate in colours from pony-to-pony.

As DylanKLJ said, "Sonic Rainboom" is an obvious combination of sonic boom and rainbow, so yeah, it would be a rainbow. If we are merely talking about a sonic boom, however, it would just be a loud sound, I guess.

Its the refraction of light because of the condensed water vapor

due to the high pressure and velocity, not her mane color :)

It is simply a coincidence that her mane is the rainbow, just

think about it this way, how is a rainbow made in real life?

Light reflecting through water droplets in the air. Not because the air

is rainbow colored ;)

Edited by Icewing
  • Brohoof 1

i believe that the Wonderbolts can actually can do a sonic boom which is why that feat isnt enough to ger RD into the wonderbolt.

a sonic rainboom can only be done by "ponies like Rainbowdash"- stated by Pinkie Pie

Na'h they were pretty amazed when they saw Rainbow perform it xP

I don't think there will be any color, just a big ol' Sonic Boom

Its the refraction of light because of the condensed water vapor

due to the high pressure and velocity, not her mane color :)

It is simply a coincidence that her mane is the rainbow, just

think about it this way, how is a rainbow made in real life?

Light reflecting through water droplets in the air. Not because the air

is rainbow colored ;)

Or just ignore what I said and keep acting like you

dont know if it would be rainbow :P really you guys just take a quick

glance at my posts!

Na'h they were pretty amazed when they saw Rainbow perform it xP

I don't think there will be any color, just a big ol' Sonic Boom

yeah but that was a sonic Rainboom, it looks pretty damn amazing if compered to a normal sonic boom, and it would explain why RD isn't a Wonderbolt and that Rainbowdash might not be on par with them yet.

Rainbow Dash is way beyond the Wonderbolts. The only thing Rainbow lacks is the discipline and training and years. Thing is RD doesnt really fit in with the stunt flying team. Stunt flying is all about everyone being equals and performing moves together. RD would stand out by design -- even the rainbow trail that she makes when she flies behind her would stand out from the rest of them. It just would not work.

I think Rainbow Dash would have no end of trouble trying to get used to flying at 85% all the time. It just doesnt fit her character.

And no -- I do not think any of the wonderbolts could pull off a rainboom.

----

Actually have we ever seen the wonderbolts do anything more than work together well? I mean even when they were chasing after rarity they got bashed about -- it was like a novice rescue worker trying to save a drowning man. Plus even in hurricane fluttershy, the wonderbolt didnt help with the tornado.

Edited by silvadel
  • Brohoof 1

It is possible for them to come out in different colors, I mean when unicorns cast magic that physical magic substance is seen in different colors right? It is possible that it all depends on appearance and skill for the sonic rainboom or soft flutterboom.

I think the pony that preforms a sonic boom will have his or her colors coming out instead of rainbows. Like hypothetically if Scootaloo did it, the boom's colors would be a purple and orangeish color.

Well, Fluttershy isn't that good of a flyer as Dash, but if she were to make a sonic rainboom, I think it'd be the color of a rainbow. Because, if it's a Sonic Rainboom, then it'd have to be rainbow, otherwise they would have called it something else. I would be very impressed if she could do it though, because as far as I know, Dash is the best flyer in Equestria. :)

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

Assuming anypony could reach that speed to pull one off, I don't know if it would work still. I think pinkiepie said it could only be preformed by ponies like rainbow dash. I don't really know what specificly that intails, But I assume it means they would have to have a rainbow colored mane.

However maybe it just means pegasi like rainbow, but it wouldn't make sense for other ponys to do it considering it is a sonic *Rainboom*.

just my thoughts.

Well It is called a sonic "rainbo"om, so it would be the same. But come on, I don't think anypony can do a sonic rainboom except Rainbow Dash.