Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's the most annoying boss you have faced?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Just face it. We have all at least came across a boss in a game where he/she was SOOOO annoying. Like reviving themselves, using an attack impossible to dodge, an attack extremely STRONG it wipes half your health, etc. Like, I have played tons. In Paper Mario, Mario games in general, Spyro games, SO much. Bosses tick me off >.< But, sadly..every game NEEDS them :lol:
  • Brohoof 1

Ugh. Don't even get me STARTED. There are soooooo many. I'd have to say that it would be a tie fir second between Gannon from Ocarina of Time and The boss bowser from super mario 64. Although the one that comes in first for me on the annoying scale for me is General RAAM on hardcore mode form Gears of War 1. Took me like 12 torque bows to his face and then the turret to take him down

Not really a Boss but you face him Second to last...

The Apprentice in Soul Calibur 4's Arcade mode. He is so Fucking annoying.

Everytime I face him It last about half of the time it takes me to Complete Arcade mode.

For me, the most annoying boss was Tiamat from "Darksiders".

You had a weapon like the boomerang in Zelda: Twilight Princess, but not this easy to handle. But you still first had to point a special fire and then Tiamat itself, but before you could even manage to focus the fire TIamat has flown to your back, castes spells, used an eruption or simply beat the sh*t outta you.

And when you finally managed to hit her with your "Boomerang", you had around 3 seconds to walk through the whole arena and try to hit her to make some damage. Obviously you could not make this much damage. But hey, why don't you just try to hit her with the boomerang again? -.-

And when you finally managed it that you don't have to use this boomerang, it just charges to you and is like "Oops, why one-hit-down, I didn't know I have that much power" -.-

I'd have to say Sephiroth in the original Kingdom Hearts. Especially on the harder modes. That guy was such a complete ass! Stupid OP Final Fantasy characters ;-;

All his combos effectively disintegrate you're HP bar and he has this one attack that reduces you're HP to 1. Hell, in my frustration I even used an action replay and enabled infinite health.

And you know what? HE STILL KILLED ME! Sephiroth actually killed me when I had infinite health enabled, I shit you not. He was all like 'Ha, I laugh in the face of your cheats!'

I did eventually manage to take him out legitimately, but boy was it a struggle.

• Brohoof 2

Well the first one that comes to mind for me in The Final Hazard from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. He was really hard at the time and my brother and I had to get our cousin to beat it. Now I only find The Final Hazard moderatly annoying. I can't remember any other bosses that I find annoying at the moment but I know there are more.

the final boss in Serious Sam,

they can only be harmed with the cannon and when they're at a certain amount of health they will reheal. which makes you have to run around the room through rings to get an alien ship to shoot at it, make sure you weaken it with the cannon first. most of the time, hes not standing where the ship fires which makes you do the whole bloody thing again

That cloud boss in Paper Mario; GOOD GOD! It took me forever to beat him.

And this guy,

Of course, he's only annoying when you have 1 energy tank and 2-5 missiles, but on a normal run, it's cake.

The most annoying boss I've ever encountered was the boss Cramerax from borderlands the final boss of the final DLC. Its very hard and requires 4 players to cooperate and its very hard..... I beat him once with friends but every other time has been a total failure

Sometimes, Bongo Bongo from LoZ OoT can be exceedingly annoying. Even with the Eye of Truth. Especially if you don't have a magic metre upgrade, then your magic drains in a flash from using the EoT, and then you have to rely on guesswork and patterns. Not to mention you get bounced around because you're on a giant bongo, and if you're not careful, you fall into the heart-munching sea of poison around you. Ugh. And when you finally stun both hands, you gotta equip the EoT and find his eye before he gets up again, and he really doesn't stay down for long. So it can be very time-consuming and annoying, unless you have good reflexes and a bit of luck.

I think his name was either Bouldergard or Boulder Dash, and he was this rock monster from Super Mario Galaxy. The Daredevil Comet fight with him was the most ANNOYING mission ever :angry:. You only have 1 health with the Daredevil Comet, and all the shit he throws at you makes it even harder for you to survive. Plus, he takes quite a while to kill.

The most annoying... boss... I have ever fought would have to be:

Artimice J. Bigpig from Spy Fox in "Dry Cereal"

Posted Image

"Go fish, Mr. Fox..."

So you have to find a lucky charm for Kirk Captain Drydock in order to go out to the sea. He refuses to go out on his ship, the S.S. Winaprize, and without it, and you can't progress the storyline. Where's the trinket? It was cheated out of his possession by the most cheap, sleazy, pompous, fat, fez-wearing, card playing pig I've ever locked combat with!

Sure, you have unlimited plays against this guy with no real penalty besides wasting your time, but I remember as a kid it took me AGES to take this pig down. The waltz music in the background gets monotonous fairly quickly and his constant taunting really doesn't help your frustration as he somehow claims all the cards in your hand. I don't know if you can classify him as a boss, but he is the first character that ever made me mad enough to yell "The computer is cheating!!!"

Fhew... glad I got that off my chest...

Edited by Celtore

For me, I think that it is a tie between the first encounter with Ghirahim from Skyward Sword and the first encounter with Silver the Hedgehog from Sonic '06. The reason why Ghirahim is up here is because of the way he is in the first stage of the fight where he just blocks your sword and holds it. If you let him hold it long enough, he will strip you of the Skyward Sword and use it against you. Every time he does get it, he'll attack you while throwing out taunts at you as if you were just an amateur. Eventually, he'll toss the sword away and you can reclaim it. This fight shows the perfect example of why you can't just slash like a maniac to win. Eventually, I figured out how to bypass his hand and land strikes. I think I spent a good 30 mins to just get him to stop playing around and legitimately start fighting with a weapon. This boss was so annoying for me at the time because I got so frustrated every time he nullifies my attacks.

This one I am sure everyone is familiar with if you are a Sonic fan or if you at least played Sonic '06. Silver is up here as well for a good reason. Honestly, I think these guys here can explain why this battle was so annoying better than I can.

Yeah, just start at 03:20 to get to the fight. Warning, I don't remember because I haven't seen this series in a while, but there might be swearing in it. I'm not sure, so be prepared...

yeeeeeaaahh....

As of now, the hardest boss i have yet to slay is Bahamut, Fang's Eidolon, from Final Fantasy XIII. It's absoloute hell...I still don't know what to do to make him yield to me.

Can't remember exactly what I did against him, but the best advice I can give for that guy is to just boost your levels.

It took me a few hours but once your skills get high enough, set Fang as ravager and Vanille as medic then let rip.

---

Hardest boss I'm fighting at the moment is the Commander is Dead Rising 2: Case West. I keep getting his health down to near death, but then I run out of food and he splatters me.

The hardest boss for me is a tie between...the "Executioner Smough and Dragonslayer Ornstein" fight from Dark Souls.

And the a miniboss from the same game, a Hydra. The Hydra normally wouldn't have been mch trouble but I had gotten cursed (Which means that you only get half of your max HP) and it could kill me in one attack because of that.

Cuckoo Condor from Wario Land 4 was especially annoying. Not his first form when he's hiding in a clock, that was laughably easy, but once he sheds said clock he becomes infuriating. Him and his "exploding rubber duckies". Then we have Lenus from Legend of Dragoon a.k.a "I'm going to attack three to four times in a row with attacks that hit all for massive damage before you can even get a single attack off every. Single. Round."

I think his name was either Bouldergard or Boulder Dash, and he was this rock monster from Super Mario Galaxy.

That cloud boss in Paper Mario; GOOD GOD! It took me forever to beat him.

That would be Boldergeist and Huff N. Puff respectively, both carriers of the title of hardest boss for their respective games. Mario games seems to have a nasty habit of having some of the most annoying bosses apparently.

• Brohoof 1

For me it would have to be the Life Virus, from the first Megaman battle network game. Talk about a hard boss to beat. He has a barrier up and you have to do 100 damage to it to drop it and then you don't have any power to fight him. Then he has other small villains that you hit by mistake and he has an attack that you can't dodge.

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

nostalgia right here! I remember getting so mad because I could not ever beat Brock in pokemon: yellow version as a kid xD! Me: pikachu use thundershock!

Brock:

Posted Image

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!Also Sephiroth on Kingdom Hearts!

Posted Image

*Can't touch this*

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

Well the Top3 bosses that annoyed me was

Omega Weapon - This Boss didn't give me that much of hard time on Final Fantasy IV The After Years. On Final Fantasy XI before the battlefield for this fight was changed, it gave me difficulties such as Stuns as added effects to the attacks and TP moves such as Rear Laser, Ion Efflux, Target Analyzer, and Pile Pitch.

Shinryu - I had a hard time with this boss on Final Fantasy IV The After Years. As soon as he wiped out 2-3 of my party members with Tsunami, I had to revive them fast with 2-3 Survivors and buff them with protect, shell, and haste and use Slow. On Final Fantasy XI, What Annoyed me the Most was Mighty Guard, Draw-In, Cataclysm Vortex, Gyre Charge, Absorb Damage, and the Item Drops. My Reason on the Item Drops was that He was being stingy and never drops what i want, which was Twilight Mail that I need to get a Set bonus so I don't have expend every single Tabs from Fields / Grounds of Valor and Conquest Points for a Reraise.

Arch Dynamis Lord (Final Fantasy XI) - Ugh! I always hated him when he has clones. His TP Move Oblivion Smash bypassed the Perfect Defense that I applied to my Linkshell and then when we're about to kill him, he terrorized us all for a certain amount of time and his Tera Slash can cause Death.

"Gaius" on hard mode in Shadow of the Colossus. Took 5 hours for just one boss fight, definitely the most annoying I've ever faced. You don't believe how satisfying it was when he died.

Ozma from FFIX and actually, once you've done the proper preparations for this fight, it really shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Even so, this fight is really just about luck if nothing else.

There's a lot of bosses that annoy the heck out of me, but I can only think of one off the top of my head. I cannot beat it but the battle ends with a startling "SCCCCRRRREEEEEAAACCCHH"

An Internet to the person who guesses it!