Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Forum-breaking questions time!

Discordian

Some of these are the worst possible questions you could ask a guy like me, mostly those revolving around choosing sides between rival franchises/characters/companies.

Question 1: Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter or Ratchet & Clank?

Ah, the PS2 era of SCE...I never really played much or learned much about these three franchises, but I have played and still own the original Jak & Daxter game, the Precursor Legacy, and it is amazing. So, I guess my preference is J&D.

Question 2: Spyro the Dragon or Crash Bandicoot? (Side question: Old Spyro or New Spyro? Discount Skylanders if you wish)

Honestly, both are some of the best platforming series of all time, two of Sony's best franchises, and they even made an epic crossover game once. Both have been ruined greatly recently by their new publishers, but since I think the Crash series screams "PlayStation" more than Spyro does, and in my opinion Spyro has been ruined a bit worse, I'm going with Crash.

(Old Spyro. Doesn't matter if you count Skylanders or not. Activision's latest games don't seem too bad, but Skylanders is just hideous. Regardless, I will always love the original 3 Spyro games more.)

Question 3: Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest?

Ohmahgawrsh. Two of the best RPGs ever made, and both have come a long way. I don't play much RPGs, nor do I play any of these, but I know that they do deserve legendary status. Problem is, I don't know much about both. I guess I'll choose the one I think I'm the most familiar with if I were to ever think about it: Final Fantasy.

Question 4: Mario or Sonic?

NO. Just. No.

Question 5: Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo?

Okay, same thing here, too.

Question 6:  Resident Evil or Silent Hill?

Same as the RPG question. I think I'm more familar with Resident Evil, and actually having played some of it before. So yeah, I'll choose RE.

Question 7: Megaman, Megaman X, Megaman Zero, Megaman Battle Network or Megaman Starforce?

Not a Mega Man player either, but I'm a friend of one who is an avid fan. And from what I remember, I think he said he really liked MMX, so I'll go with that one.

Question 8: Zelda, Okami or Darksiders?

Zelda by a "longshot". (+1 if you get it. Lol.) It has become one of my top 5 favorite video game franchises, and has changed my life about as much as MLP did. Every game has a spiritual connection to eachother in such a legendary and beautiful way... And speaking of beautiful, the music, graphics, and just about everything in these games are worthy examples of the artistic factor of video games. It is simply one of the best franchises ever made in media entertainment. Ever.

On another note, Okami is really good. The creator or whoever was actually inspired by Zelda. This game is really beautiful as well, but I still prefer Zelda by miles. I don't know jack about Darksiders.

Question 9: Original Castlevania, Metroidvania or 3Dvania?

Not a big Castlevania player. But, I do know that the originals have the worthy title of starting it all, so I'll go with the original. I also heard they were very good.

Question 1: Can't answer. I played Ratchet & Clank at a friend's place a couple of times but have never touched the other two.

Question 2: Early Spyro. Not saying Crash Bandicoot was bad, but Spyro was more my speed. And I like dragons.

Question 3: Final Fantasy. Truth is I haven't played much of Dragon Quest, but based on what I have experienced I'll easily give the crown to Final Fantasy both in terms of gameplay and plot. Like many Final Fantasy fans, I'll concede that the franchise's quality plummeted after X.

Question 4: This one is particularly interesting to me. This is another one of those age-dependent debates; one of those "you had to be there" situations. Most of this forum's users are in the early- to mid-teens. I grew up during the 16-bit console wars, that being the war between Nintendo and Sega - between the SNES and the Genesis. To those who weren't around for it: you think the flame wars and circle jerks of today are bad between the Microsoft and Sony fanboys? Son, you don't know a console flame war or circle jerk. We have people raging in forums and at school today about their console preferences. Same thing was happening when I was a kid, but back then the companies were involved too. Sony and Microsoft try to one-up each other every now and then, and brag about franchise exclusivity, but back in my day Nintendo and Sega would actually take shots at each other in their advertisements and commercials. "Genesis does what Ninten-don't!" Then the Sega CD came out, and Sega was saying things like "You don't have a Sega CD yet? What, are you waiting for Nintendo to make one?!" You will never see that today.

On the front lines of this war were Mario and Sonic, the two console movers of their time, and both exclusive to one system or the other. Both were platformers, both were side-scrollers, and both were original in the type of gameplay they presented. Truly pioneers in the genre. I remember intense debates, but you really couldn't compare the two. They both offered completely different experiences. My personal preference was Mario because despite them both being very linear, the extreme speed of Sonic that was meant to induce adrenaline-pumping excitement served also to make me feel very confined. The broader color palette was also more appealing, and was also the product of hardware differences of the consoles, that being the SNES could display a broader range of colors concurrently than the Genesis could.

Far more than you wanted to know, but this question brought back more nostalgia than OP bargained for.

Question 5: Yes.

Question 6: Resident Evil.

Question 7: Megaman, because I didn't keep up with the Megaman franchise after the NES.

Question 8: Zelda.

Question 9: Old Castlevania. Real Castlevania. Castlevania without nonsensical plots or an anime look. Things started to change after the 16-bit era, that's not necessarily a bad thing (the RPG elements and "metroid" nature of exploration goes against my sensibilities of what a Castlevania game should be, but I still enjoy it), but it's the move to the DS that's bothered me. Dracula's castle manifesting in present-day Japan with Dracula attempting to return in the form of a high school student? No Belmont, no whip, modern times, high school students, and an anime stylization: it's not even Castlevania anymore. Let's not venture any further down that road.

The GBA has seen some good titles that I feel are faithful to the roots of the series, at least in terms of gameplay. I've yet to play anything on a current gen console (360, PS3, or Wii), and I've heard mixed reactions to the titles on those systems. I'd like to have a go at Lords of Shadow someday soon.

1: Jak and Daxter

2. Spyro

3. Final Fantasy with no contest

4. Mario, Sonic is a joke

5. Microsoft though I would choose gamefreak

6.Resident Evil

7. Battle Network

8. Zelda

9. I havent played any of those

1. Jak and Daxter

2. Spyro (before they killed him for me in skylanders)

3. Final Fantasy

4. Mario

5. This is a hard one but I guess I'll go with Microsoft

6.Resident Evil all the way

7. I don't know anything about megaman

8. Zelda, Duh

9. I'll just say 3Dvania because I have no Idea what they are.

Question 1: Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter or Ratchet & Clank? Sly

Question 2: Spyro the Dragon or Crash Bandicoot? (Side question: Old Spyro or New Spyro? Discount Skylanders if you wish) The first three spyro's, oh god, the nostalgia shakes through me.

Question 3: Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest? Final Fantasy

Question 4: Mario or Sonic? Mario

Question 5: Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo? All three

Question 6: Resident Evil or Silent Hill? I love horror, but in my opinion, just because something is old does not make it good.

Question 7: Megaman, Megaman X, Megaman Zero, Megaman Battle Network or Megaman Starforce? Fuck megaman.

Question 8: Zelda, Okami or Darksiders? Even though there was only really one game, Okami.

Question 9: Original Castlevania, Metroidvania or 3Dvania? None

Ratchet and Clank for me.

Question 2: Spyro the Dragon or Crash Bandicoot? (Side question: Old Spyro or New Spyro? Discount Skylanders if you wish)

Spyro the Dragon. PS1 and Skylanders

Neither, Chrono Trigger

Mario

Sony

Question 6: Resident Evil or Silent Hill?

Haven't played either

Question 7: Megaman, Megaman X, Megaman Zero, Megaman Battle Network or Megaman Starforce?

Megaman Legends :angry:

Zelda

Metroid

Never played any of them.

Tough one, I loved both games when I was younger. I'm gonna have to go with Spyro though, the original.

Never played either.

Mario. Used to love it on the GBA.

Microsoft (I couldn't care less about the Xbox, but Windows is necessary for playing most PC games)

Resident Evil. RE4 was so much fun on the Wii.

Never played any.

Never played any.

Never played any.

• 2 months later...

Sly Cooper.

Spyro. Old Spyro. 'First three games on the PS1' Spyro.

Don't care/haven't played either.

Sonic.

Don't care.

Don't care/haven't played either

Megaman 8. Specifically. Yes, I can do that, too bad :3

Don't care/haven't played any

• Ratchet & Clank. All of my childhood, take it.
  • Spyro, preferably old.
  • Final Fantasy. 7 was one of the best JRPGS ever.
  • Mario of course. This guy consisted of my entire childhood and still continues today.
  • Microsoft. Gotta love dat Halo and access to Mass Effect 1.
  • Resident Evil
  • Trick question, actually haven't played any Megaman games. My loss, I guess?
  • Of COURSE Zelda. What kind of question is that?
  • Castevania's pretty good.
Edited by Velvet Remedyiscael

Neither.Question 2: Spyro the Dragon or Crash Bandicoot? (Side question: Old Spyro or New Spyro? Discount Skylanders if you wish)Neither.Question 3: Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest?Final Fantasy.Question 4: Mario or Sonic?Mario.Question 5: Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo?All three of them. They all do a great job and have great games. I hate the internet fights.Question 6: Resident Evil or Silent Hill?Silent Hill.Question 7: Megaman, Megaman X, Megaman Zero, Megaman Battle Network or Megaman Starforce?Impossibru.. idk Megaman or Megaman X.Question 8: Zelda, Okami or Darksiders?Zelda.Question 9: Original Castlevania, Metroidvania or 3Dvania?

Original Castlevania.

Answer 1: I really don't care. Never played any of them.

Answer 2: Old Spyro was cool, but Crash Bandicoot had 200% better gameplay.

Old FF or New FF? I through VII?

FF I guess, though DQ is pretty cool (though the names are really bad.)

I may wear a Sonic hat (with ears) all the time, but MARIO FTW.

Except the Mario sports series.

sonic only rocked until just after Sonic and Knuckles.

Old school Nintendo pwns errybodeh, but nowadays, Sony.

RE. But only 'cause of RE4.

CLASSIC MEGAMAN. MMBN is cool too, but CLASSIC MM IS SO FREAKIN BOSS!!!

Srs, you put Darksiders on there?

Anyway, Zelda. OoT is the best game ever.

Original is my favorite, but Simon's Quest and after are pretty good too.

Not so into the 3D ones. (except 64. And Lords of Shadow.)

Sly Cooper.

Spyro. Old Spyro. 'First three games on the PS1' Spyro.

Don't care/haven't played either.

Sonic.

Don't care.

Megaman 8. Specifically. Yes, I can do that, too bad :3

Don't care/haven't played any

*thunder and lightning*

/begin booming voice

YOU DARE MENTION THE ABOMINATION CALLED MEGA MAN 8 IN MY PRESENCE?!

YOU SHALL BE PUNISHED!

YOUR SENTENCE IS... TO PLAY SUPERMAN 64 FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!

*malicious cackling*

/end booming voice

Question 1: Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter or Ratchet & Clank?Ratchet & Clank.

Question 2: Spyro the Dragon or Crash Bandicoot? (Side question: Old Spyro or New Spyro? Discount Skylanders if you wish)Old Spyro.Question 3: Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest?Final Fantasy.Question 4: Mario or Sonic?Sonic.Question 5: Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo?Sony.Question 6: Resident Evil or Silent Hill?Silent Hill.Question 7: Megaman, Megaman X, Megaman Zero, Megaman Battle Network or Megaman Starforce?Megaman Legends. :PQuestion 8: Zelda, Okami or Darksiders?ZeldaQuestion 9: Original Castlevania, Metroidvania or 3Dvania?Original Castlevania.

Time for some questions that could potentially divide this forum horribly, but it's all in good fun and I'm obviously speaking in hyperbole. Posted Image

---

1. Sly Cooper. Even though I only got to play it like twice on my neighbors PlayStation.

2. Crash Bandicoot. I never had much to do with Spyro. Although I wanted to.

3. Dragon Quest. I loved Dragon Quest IX Sky Guardians or whatever it was called. The recent one.

4. Whichever one isn't Sonic. Sonic was annoying as ____ in SSB Brawl.

5. Well, not Sony. If I had to pick between Microsoft and Nintendo, I'd go Microsoft.

6. Never played either.

7. Don't make me choose! D: All of the Megamans were amazing!

8. Easily Zelda.

9. Never played any of 'em.

For the most part these questions really don't work for me lol but I'll answer them (and I'll be honest I'm probably always going to choose outside the given options).

Question 1: Sly Cooper just because I like his design moreQuestion 2: Rayman

Question 3: SilverQuestion 4: Shadow of the Beast (old Comador 64 platformer)Question 5: I suppose I should side with Microsoft since I have a 360.Question 6: Niether.Question 7: Can't answer as I've not played any of themQuestion 8: NierQuestion 9: Faxanadu (original nes)

Question 1: Ratchet & ClankQuestion 2: Crash BandicootQuestion 3: Final FantasyQuestion 4: SonicQuestion 5: SonyQuestion 6: Resident EvilQuestion 7: MegamanQuestion 8: ZeldaQuestion 9: No Opinion

Question 1: idk

Question 2: idk

Question 3: idk

Question 4: Mario 

Question 5: Nintendo

Question 6: idk 

Question 7: idk

Question 8: Zelda

Question 9: idk

Out of all those game series, I've really only played Mario and Zelda .-.

Edited by Champion RD92

Question 1: Mass Effect.

Question 2: Mass Effect. (Side Question: Mass Effect)

Question 3: Mass Effect.

Question 4: Mass Effect.

Question 5: Mass Effect.

Question 6: Mass Effect.

Question 7: Mass Effect.

Question 8: Mass Effect.

Question 9: Mass Effect.

Edited by Urdnot Pinkie Pie