Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Now I feel all young, I'm 23 in October. I knew there were a couple of 40 year olds hanging around though. :lol:

I honestly did come into this topic expecting someone 30+, everyone made the exact same mistake. lol

I've always been pretty open-minded about things. I typically watch only cartoons and animated stuff, live action things don't interest me in the slightest most of the time. Because of this, when I first heard about it my first reaction was "lolwut" but thanks to the Ponies Anthology (go look it up on Youtube if you haven't seen it!) I got interested and a few months later I actually watched it. Now look at me. :P

(edited)
Just because you grow up doesn't mean you have to outgrow cartoons.

I totally agree with you on this one. Cartoons are for everyone, and they are made in all different ways and targeted towards different age groups.

I typically watch only cartoons and animated stuff, live action things don't interest me in the slightest most of the time.

I also agree with you. I used to watch MTV back when I was in highschool but after a while, it all got boring. I honestly don't even watch TV anymore. The last time I really watched TV was when the summer olympics where on haha.

Everything is online, thats where I watch MLP mostly on YouTube. I watched Equestria girls on some bootleg website lol They took it down from YouTube. Quality was horrible but hey, I got to watch it.

Edited by PonyBoy15
  • Brohoof 1

I spend most of my time playing video games when I'm not working. We haven't had cable in at least five years though. The cost ain't worth it. We do most everything on the internet anyway. Right now I'm watching Xiaolin Showdown on Youtube. I try to get DVDs or watch things on official websites but when that's not possible I just Youtube it up.

Cartoons and anime without commercials = yes. I don't miss commercials at all. :lol:

(edited)

@@PonyBoy15,

We already happened to have a thread for older members to report in and discuss their feelings on the show, what they have in common, etc, so your thread has been merged with the older one. I feel kind of old at times, but I'm not sure if I qualify just yet :)

I've also given the original thread the title of the newer one, as "Older" is subjective and having one thread for older members and another for members over 21 seemed a bit redundant.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

Heyo. There's about a dozen or so of us in the 40-50 range, more if you count inactive members. Personally, I like Luna more than Applejack, but I'm a trend bucker. ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

I have enjoyed Mlp since the first season.  I was just wondering are there bronies that are actually around 30.  I kind of feel lonely being the only person that I know personally that is about 30.  I was just wondering am I strange for being this old and loves MLP?

• Brohoof 8

Naaah, I myself am not that old but I'm not far off :)

People generally don't shout about their ages to much but I know of a lot of people mid 20's and a fair few around 30. Their was a survey on equestria daily about a year ago that showed that 20-30 was the main age range and then many bronies both younger and older then this, they might just not be on this forum :)!

• Brohoof 2

Average age is collage age, as far as I've seen, but I usually see a couple of older men and women around at meetups and conventions. You're definitely not alone, MLP obviously ain't age exclusive!

• Brohoof 1

Everyone I know keeps telling me "Aren't you a little old to like colorful ponies?"  It kind of makes me feel bad :(  Even my daughter who watches MLP with me asked me the other day why I am an adult and like them.  

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Age shouldn't matter. The way I see it, if you like something, you like it. So what? I'm just very open-minded about things, though. It's not anyone else's place to judge what you like.

Edited by Pepin
  • Brohoof 3

Wingnut is one of the moderators here and he is 42, I am 28 and I will probably like cartoon until I am dead a buried.

Everyone I know keeps telling me "Aren't you a little old to like colorful ponies?"

I would say to her that adults are only viewed as too old to like cartoon ponies because society has arbitrarily decided that is the case but that what society decides isn't always correct and it is okay to live whatever you want to regardless of age or gender.

• Brohoof 5

I have enjoyed Mlp since the first season.  I was just wondering are there bronies that are actually around 30.  I kind of feel lonely being the only person that I know personally that is about 30.  I was just wondering am I strange for being this old and loves MLP?

If that makes you strange, then I guess I'm in the same boat.

• Brohoof 1

We all like different things. I have a coworker who's a black dude with a daughter who loves Disney movies and listens to them at work and sings them very loudly. I talk to the guy about Transformers, GI Joe, and random Animes all the time.

Everyone likes something, in our case it's a colorful cartoon with talking magical ponies. You're going to get strange looks for it. I haven't had to deal with them, but not everyone can be as lucky I guess.

(edited)
I'm 46, a father and a Brony!

"Do you know WHY I watch Ponies?

[5:49:29 AM] Scarlet Pogonowski: Scarlet Pogonowski shakes my head

[5:52:54 AM] FlashGear: because these adorable little darlings give me hope, and joy. and one day I'll remember what it was like to see the world through the wondrous eyes of a child. and then I will know that anything is possible."

I'm also a Whovian, just sayin'

Edited by FlashGear
  • Brohoof 6

Thought the average age is the low 20's many are 30+ that I know of. You aren't alone there, and it's still fun to hang out with the youngies (Like meh)

Also, brohoof for being a brony since season one, same thing with me :)

i am 27 years old and have been a fan since g1

A-ah! Derpy's eyes move to much D:

• Brohoof 1

I'm 26, so really I'm on the right side of 30 at least for the moment.  Trust me, you are not the oldest brony I've met by a long shot.  You should meet a friend of mine; he's pushing retirement age and is still super active on the convention circuit, not to mention his swag collection is so ridiculous I named him the Element of Swag.  I don't know how he does it but I hope to be that strong when I'm his age.

• Brohoof 1

I'm 26, so really I'm on the right side of 30 at least for the moment.  Trust me, you are not the oldest brony I've met by a long shot.  You should meet a friend of mine; he's pushing retirement age and is still super active on the convention circuit, not to mention his swag collection is so ridiculous I named him the Element of Swag.  I don't know how he does it but I hope to be that strong when I'm his age.

Swag as in free stuff, right?

Swag as in free stuff, right?

Well, merch in general.  His plushies alone eclipse my entire collection about 10 to 15-fold.

Well, merch in general.  His plushies alone eclipse my entire collection about 10 to 15-fold.

Whoa! Does he have some of those electronic cool things?

I'll be 30 at the end of this year. The only downside is that sometimes teens in the community are frustrating. I don't think outsiders make much of a distinction between 23 and 30 year old bronies. IDK though .. it doesn't come up much personally.

• Brohoof 1

Whoa! Does he have some of those electronic cool things?

That's a fine question, I'll have to ask him when I get the chance.  Could you be a little more specific?