Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony population

Luurilka

Let's take a vote  

251 users have voted

1. 1. How many Bronies do you think there are?

• Over 1,000,000

Well there is no telling how large this fandom is it just keeps growing weather we like it or not. I keep hearing of more and more bronies at my school than last year (becasue I wasn't aware of the fandom's or the show's existence last year).

Edited by Dasher

I feel like EQD may have linked to a brony census once or twice, but it's so difficult to round all of us up because there are people who fade in and out, people spread out over the many many forums there are, people just on EQD, people just on YouTube, people who don't want to participate in the census. It's quite difficult to count all of us as we are just so spread out.

yes judging that we have bronies all around the world, I would say a good deal don't use EQD so that could mean that there are more than there estimates but with 7 million unique IP's i'd say some people used multiple computers from different locations... so i'd give us a good 3-5 million if that's the case. But like most of us are saying "it isn't possible to tell" and it will just have to grow epicly anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

And are in denial

There is a reason for me to say, I hope some people remain in denial or remain away from the fandom... because there are a few people I know personally that would cause much chaos... and not the discord chaos... the end of all days type of chaos.

• 2 months later...

Hmm that’s actually a really interesting thing to think about. I guess we need to ask ourselves what is a reasonable estimation of actual Bronies? Also are we talking about the world or say a specific country like the United States?

In the case of the United States there is a total population of 311,591,917 people.

I’m going to say at least 1 in every 500 people are Bronies, to me that seems pretty reasonable.

That would give us about 623,184 Bronies in the US alone (rounded up)

Now, that would make 0.2% of the American population as Bronies based on my estimation.

What if...

Aliens would visit us and proclaim to everyone that ponies are awesome? And then, if anyone disliked the idea, they could get some kind of death laser in the face and then BOOOM and stuff.

Watch enough pmv video's you'd almost think the same thing. Although I agree with everyone that there are too many of us to count.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm that’s actually a really interesting thing to think about. I guess we need to ask ourselves what is a reasonable estimation of actual Bronies? Also are we talking about the world or say a specific country like the United States?

In the case of the United States there is a total population of 311,591,917 people.

I’m going to say at least 1 in every 500 people are Bronies, to me that seems pretty reasonable.

That would give us about 623,184 Bronies in the US alone (rounded up)

Now, that would make 0.2% of the American population as Bronies based on my estimation.

1 in 500 in the U.S or worldwide? I highly doubt that holds true worldwide and we do have to keep in mind that quite a few of us live outside the states. Although interestingly your prediction might hold true for my school, since there are around 2000 students and I know there are at least 4 fans of the show counting myself

1 in 500 in the U.S or worldwide? I highly doubt that holds true worldwide and we do have to keep in mind that quite a few of us live outside the states. Although interestingly your prediction might hold true for my school, since there are around 2000 students and I know there are at least 4 fans of the show counting myself

Yeah, I wasn’t talking about the world, I was speaking in terms of the United States. Only because I live here and I can make a better estimation based on my experiences and what not. As far as the world, I think we probably have over a million Bronies for sure. That is pretty interesting as far as your school and my estimation. :D

• Brohoof 1

I would say at least 2 million. Based on the view count of many popular brony videos and taken into account that many bronies don't watch the videos I say it's a quite good guess.

Exciting topic!! I would love to know the answer too! I think bronies are awesome!! Makes me want to get my hubby watching the show but he refuses...I bet he's a closet brony :wub:

To get the exact number of bronies, I say you'd need to count ever single hair upon an Angora Rabbit's body. Better get started, Celestia knows how long it'll take you. ;)

It's actually hard to think of a world where everyone's a brony. Even though that could be very interesting and fun, if you ask me~

I can just imagine a world where haters no longer exist, and where the whole society would take their time to get into the fandom and try a few episodes by themselves before judging us. That would already be a HUGE step for the brony community.

It would be a lot like the world where everybody is a star wars fan, like now or else 5 years back...

Pretty much the star wars fandom is dominant and very few people don't at least secretly admire it.

• Brohoof 1

The actual number is fairly inaccurate, mostly because there was never a Brony "Census" before. Even if you had an actual census, there are people in the darkness, hiding, with their laptop....watching pwnies. It's interesting, actually of how many actual fans there are but there's a vast majority of them that are afraid to admit they like a show about ponies kicking flanks. I have to admit, I used to be one of them :)

• Brohoof 1

At the very least, there's 500,000. I'm sure there's also closet bronies out there, so there's bound to be at least a few more than what I expect. One million might be pushing it a little bit.

Its over 9000...

Actually its way over 900.. I think that the 1 million atleast guess is a good place to put your bets on. It may be more or a little less(Although if it is less it wont be that way for long :) )

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

Most fandoms don't come even close to 1,000,000. We are one of the biggest fandoms out there, and were only getting larger and larger.

While watching the earlier generations, who would have thought that My little pony would accumulate such a large fanbase in only 2 years?

And we aren't even the target audience :P

Weren't originally you mean. I mean, the creators of the show have obviously been catering to the older fans in the later episodes, with references to pop culture, adult jokes, and the like. Yes, they still to cater to little girls, but the target demographic has vastly increased.

The actual number is fairly inaccurate, mostly because there was never a Brony "Census" before. Even if you had an actual census, there are people in the darkness, hiding, with their laptop....watching pwnies. It's interesting, actually of how many actual fans there are but there's a vast majority of them that are afraid to admit they like a show about ponies kicking flanks. I have to admit, I used to be one of them :)

Same here, I used to keep the show a secret for the longest time. Then I started telling people about it, and even converted a few. Now I'm working on my best friends, who, ironically, have given me the worst time for liking the show. But as I show more people they meet are bronies, they're beginning to see that the fandom extends far beyond their stereotype "immature faggot" as they put it.

Weren't originally you mean. I mean, the creators of the show have obviously been catering to the older fans in the later episodes, with references to pop culture, adult jokes, and the like. Yes, they still to cater to little girls, but the target demographic has vastly increased.

Same here, I used to keep the show a secret for the longest time. Then I started telling people about it, and even converted a few. Now I'm working on my best friends, who, ironically, have given me the worst time for liking the show. But as I show more people they meet are bronies, they're beginning to see that the fandom extends far beyond their stereotype "immature faggot" as they put it.

Sounds a lot like the 4chan war to me ^_^ . I actually have friends that are not bronies but act like them, in the sense of liking something, but they are too afraid to express it. My friend likes mine raft, but he's too afraid to express it to the rest of his friends. He even introduced me to a brony server. He stayed only for the resources, just like we stayed for the plot, characters, and all that good stuff.