Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony population

Luurilka

Let's take a vote  

251 users have voted

1. 1. How many Bronies do you think there are?

• Over 1,000,000

Somewhere between 500,000 and 1,000,000. It's hard to say considering not everyone watches the episodes on YouTube, and not everyone watches the same version or upload of the episodes on YouTube. It also dosent account for those who watched it twice. I know I've watched most episodes2 times.

There is a small amount of bronies in many countries. I think its in the Millions... I Guess its near 5-7million bronies in the world that seen and like the show but may not take time to get online and join brony communities.

about 1.3 Million I guess currently active in communities but since of many languages... the biggest group is about 500,000 to 750,000 English speaking active brony community goers that spread out in many groups.

And Its changing all the time, matters how season 3 turns out.

I don't know the exact number or even an estimate, but I meet bronies/pegasisters everywhere I go. I also talk with other memebers of the herd who live in other countries such as Puerto Rico and Great Britain. So... Based on that, I would say easily in the millions.

|--(0)--|

techno915

Edited by techno915

OVER 9000!

It's kind of hard to tell how many bronies there are. Some may not frequent the internet that often, or even register at sites where the total amount of members could actually be counted. If there's over 5000 different bronies on this site alone (assuming it isn't just Feld0 and one other guy making a bunch of alt accounts), there could probably be hundreds of thousands of ze pony brethren floating around on the web.

Again, difficult to get an exact number, though.

• Brohoof 1

Okay so I was just thinking of this and I was wondering if anyone saw a post on this...

How many Bronies are out there?

Like no just this site but all of them, is there an estimate for it?

What percentage of the population?

Anyone have some information on this???

Posted Image

Someone needs to answer these questions...

Edited by Rainbow Dashey
  • Brohoof 2

Sir i have found your thread stimulating, so i have taken it upon myself to create a scientific diagram.

Posted Image

Hahaha, i kid! Im not sure how many bronies are out there, although the number grows larger everyday! We are by far one of the biggest and fastest growing fandoms :)

• Brohoof 22

Sir i have found your thread stimulating, so i have taken it upon myself to create a scientific diagram.

Posted Image

Hahaha, i kid! Im not sure how many bronies are out there, although the number grows larger everyday! We are by far one of the biggest and fastest growing fandoms :)

You sir, win the most epic diagram ever reward...

Yes the brony fanbase increases incredibly fast, judging that news stations have covered it and tons of dedication websites added everyday... not to mention new members here explaining how they got into it.

Ponies are awesome... that is all you need to know :)

• Brohoof 6

I would say overall we are well over a million. Probably a lot more if you count the closet bronies. We are one of the largest AND fastest growing fandoms ever.

That doesn't seem too far fetched, and yes there is probably over twice as many closet bronies than those who are public about it.

Anyone else who has some numbers on the subject?

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

There's already been about 10 threads about this xD

but there's no telling how many bronies exist, some might not even know about the fanbase xD

• Brohoof 2

There's already been about 10 threads about this xD

but there's no telling how many bronies exist, some might not even know about the fanbase xD

I didn't see the treads so... sorry, but i know there isn't an exact number, just wondering if anypony had a good estimate

;)

A lot

Seriously, I have Brony friends from all over (thank you forums). Even where I live, one of the most conservative places in the US where bronies are frowned upon, we are still here.

You can look at the MLP facebook page... 70,000 brohoofs :P

But..Er... Bronies are like a... starfish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Starfish_and_the_Spider

(READ THIS BOOK, IT IS REALLY GOOD)

What that means is that Bronies in general don't have a leader or organization (granted, we have forums and such, but that is not the same thing...) and we are bond by our love for a show about candy colored ponies

One important characteristic of a real starfish is that it is nearly impossible to count all it's members. The same thing is with Bronies. There is no realistic way to count EVERY brony out there, because a lot of us are in closets, don't participate in the community, are really young, or simply don't know what bronies are (I was like that for a while). So, there is no ACCURATE way to find out.

(I'm using the Saberspark definition of a Brony, which is somepony who likes the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. This includes girls, little kids, and yes... Justin Bieber... technically, he's a brony to... )

• Brohoof 2

A lot

Seriously, I have Brony friends from all over (thank you forums). Even where I live, one of the most conservative places in the US where bronies are frowned upon, we are still here.

You can look at the MLP facebook page... 70,000 brohoofs :P

But..Er... Bronies are like a... starfish.

http://en.wikipedia...._and_the_Spider

(READ THIS BOOK, IT IS REALLY GOOD)

What that means is that Bronies in general don't have a leader or organization (granted, we have forums and such, but that is not the same thing...) and we are bond by our love for a show about candy colored ponies

One important characteristic of a real starfish is that it is nearly impossible to count all it's members. The same thing is with Bronies. There is no realistic way to count EVERY brony out there, because a lot of us are in closets, don't participate in the community, are really young, or simply don't know what bronies are (I was like that for a while). So, there is no ACCURATE way to find out.

(I'm using the Saberspark definition of a Brony, which is somepony who likes the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. This includes girls, little kids, and yes... Justin Bieber... technically, he's a brony to... )

Yeah there isn't really a way to count each individual (maybe a US census?) lol

that would be kind weird though...

It would be nice to know how many ponies people in my school that are bronies.

P.S. Bronies are taking over the world. :wacko:

P.P.S

You better believe we are! :)

It would great to see this fandom grow for decades to come but we have to wait and see how it plays out.

• Brohoof 3

I would be guessing about one million, maybe a bit more. We're a very large fandom and one million is a very highly respectable number of people who love watching candy colored ponies.

Very true, 1 million is a likely number, and that is a huge milestone, not all fandoms can claim such a solid number of fans.
  • Brohoof 2

No idea. There are definitely a lot though, and more and more people likely see FiM for the first time every day and decide if they like it or not. As the tagline from Animal Crossing goes, population: growing!

• Brohoof 3

Very true, 1 million is a likely number, and that is a huge milestone, not all fandoms can claim such a solid number of fans.

Most fandoms don't come even close to 1,000,000. We are one of the biggest fandoms out there, and were only getting larger and larger.

While watching the earlier generations, who would have thought that My little pony would accumulate such a large fanbase in only 2 years?

And we aren't even the target audience :P

Edited by Eljordo
  • Brohoof 1

Most fandoms don't come even close to 1,000,000. We are one of the biggest fandoms out there, and were only getting larger and larger.

While watching the earlier generations, who would have thought that My little pony would accumulate such a large fanbase in only 2 years?

And we aren't even the target audience :P

Yeah that is completely right! this is probably the MLP G that will last the longest, and with fans already in 2 years i can't even start to guess how big we will get!

I don't really have an exact number to approach (I guess 1 milion is about it though), but, like it was already stated, this is indeed one of the fastest growing communities around there.

It's not even that old yet as well, so yeah... Bronies are slowly taking over the world. :|

Edited by DrizzleSTAR
  • Brohoof 2

I don't really have an exact number to approach (I guess 1 milion is about it though), but, like it was already stated, this is indeed one of the fastest growing communities around there.

It's not even that old yet as well, so yeah... Bronies are slowly taking over the world. :|

What would that look like? Everyone a brony? besides 100% awesome and everyone would be 20% cooler, but really what would that be like?

What would that look like? Everyone a brony? besides 100% awesome and everyone would be 20% cooler, but really what would that be like?

It's actually hard to think of a world where everyone's a brony. Even though that could be very interesting and fun, if you ask me~

I can just imagine a world where haters no longer exist, and where the whole society would take their time to get into the fandom and try a few episodes by themselves before judging us. That would already be a HUGE step for the brony community.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think any one actually tried to count. We have no idea about the number of closet bronies in the world but I'm pretty sure we're very close to the one million milestone or have passed it. Just look at the amount of bronies on this very site and on 4chan. But Bronies are everywhere so you can't really be sure.

I don't think any one actually tried to count. We have no idea about the number of closet bronies in the world but I'm pretty sure we're very close to the one million milestone or have passed it. Just look at the amount of bronies on this very site and on 4chan. But Bronies are everywhere so you can't really be sure.

yes with the large number of closet bronies ( I am half and half) There has to be a ton of us out there we can't even guess, that is right.

and yeah we are at 5,546 and counting at this site with like 600,000 posts lol... :)

Well I think we should do a poll here, see what the range is that people think. We'll see how many of us there are one way or another...

I added poll count to the top :)

Edited by Rainbow Dashey