Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony population

Luurilka

Let's take a vote  

251 users have voted

1. 1. How many Bronies do you think there are?

• Over 1,000,000

So I first got into ponies because I was curious about what made so many people like it. Now I think I've cracked it:

- QUALITY: which is unusual for cartoons targeted at younger demographics. There are so many references, and adult issues appearing in the show; but not elaborated on because it's a children's show which leaves the

- COMMUNITY: to do it's own interpretations - fanfics, memes, videos, songs, parodies, discussions about the

- CUTE PONIES: MLP incorporates a lot of what makes anime so popular. Just look at the character design and....Fluttershy's personality. This all done without turning it into an anime, or referencing anything Japanese. In fact, the artwork surpasses a lot of top notch anime

*Hands in report, rides off*

Yeah, the population ratio seems pretty much bent towards males, as much as the average person would object.

As for how many? I believe there is a reason why My Little Pony extended to different countries. I would have to guess....

50,000 to 500,000 ponies.

hmmmm well, considering there are around 12,000 veiws on a single vid for each episode on you tube, then almost 5 others with only around 1,000, i think your over guessing, especially considering many bronies sometimes re watch episodes, then again the number of bronies watching mlp on HBO is unknown, i would speculate around 300,000

this forum has like 150000 users, doesn't it?

Well I'm gonna think and calculate the number of people over 12 years old who watch the show enough to consider themselves fans of it.

Hmmmm... 1,251,337 give or take

If the show has around 4 million viewers per episode, and 63% of them are currently above the age of 16, (I forgot where these statistics came from, but I know it was from a reliable source), then that means there are around 2.5 million Bronys and Pegasisters. At my school, there are around 200 bronies, that's 1/10th the school's population.

At my school, there are around 200 bronies, that's 1/10th the school's population.

Holy crap! 200 bronies at ure school?!

I only know of 3 in my school...

I was recently on youtube looking up winter wrap up, when I noticed that after the word "winter," it was already at the top of the suggestions.

post-2103-0-51198900-1331553327_thumb.png

Now I knew that the brony community was large, but this surprised me. Just how large is the brony community?

My estimate would be around 1.5- 2 million (give or take a few thousand) in America alone. To arrive at this I looked at the 2010 census data. Because the age groups weren't divided by gender, I had to total up the general brony age group ( I used between the ages 12-29 because after that it would have been too wide) and divide by 2 to account for the difference between boys and girls. My estimate was about 5% of the age group based on how many bronies there are at the all-boys school I attend.

I apologize for the length of my explanation.

Edited by Ra1nbowCrasH

My estimate would be around 1.5- 2 million (give or take a few thousand) in America alone. To arrive at this I looked at the 2010 census data. Because the age groups weren't divided by gender, I had to total up the general brony age group ( I used between the ages 12-29 because after that it would have been too wide) and divide by 2 to account for the difference between boys and girls. My estimate was about 5% of the age group based on how many bronies there are at the all-boys school I attend.

I apologize for the length of my explanation.

While it sounds reasonable, you did not account for the town-to-town differences between many places. Your school might be skewed for, while the number is actually much smaller. But it might be that you are in a bad situation and there are far more.