Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony population

Luurilka

Let's take a vote  

251 users have voted

1. 1. How many Bronies do you think there are?

• Over 1,000,000

One day last month I was doing some hypothetical calculation and came up with something around 40,000... It wasn't very involved, just taking the amount of votes cast on a EqD poll assuming <insert percentage here> voted. That assumes that every brony views EqD, but that seems quite likely, at least a very large majority do.

My estimate appears to be quite a bit lower than everyone elses, heh.

Edited by atomic7732

I've gotten into this big argument with my dad. I tell him there's much more to it than you think, and he just says "No there isn't, it's just stupid ponies that solve stuff with friendship is poop out fairy dust". He thinks that the show is just plain stupid and my obsession is retarded. I tell him "You know there are a lot of people just like me" And he says "Like what, 20?" So I want to prove to him that there are a lot of people out there that are bronies. Help me out here. Reply with how many you think and say I'm a brony. And if there's some kind of "census" of some sort about how many people watch the show, then give me a link. Let''s prove that WE EXIST!

Edited by DiamondDash
  • Brohoof 2

Ha, he read the Article, then I also showed him pageviews on the Equestria Daily. "Holy crap 98 Million views?" was his reaction. Now he agrees with my point of view. (Although his still 42, so he still thinks its more of a my age thing) He'll leave me alone about it now.

Thanks MLP Forums.

Edited by DiamondDash
  • Brohoof 3

There are likely thousands or even tens of thousands of bronies around the world. Sites like Equestria Daily, MLPForums and hundreds of pony videos don't get made by just a few people and can't get views up in the millions with that few. It's far from an age thing. I bet you anything there's at least one 30+ year old on this site alone.

There are likely thousands or even tens of thousands of bronies around the world. Sites like Equestria Daily, MLPForums and hundreds of pony videos don't get made by just a few people and can't get views up in the millions with that few. It's far from an age thing. I bet you anything there's at least one 30+ year old on this site alone.

Yeah, I've actually heard the average Brony is 14-35 years old. But I know my dad, and I know his point of view too. Still think it's funny that the fact that I did watch the show bugged him.

This thread could also be helpful.

Also, try showing him the popular sites, which are clearly not the work of "20 people".

And this is just on one small site, compared to the entire community

Show him youtube and BroNYCon. Those alone are not the work of twenty people. EquestriaDaily was a great example too, also show him the wikipedia article of MLP:FiM. That mentions bronies and Wikipedia rarely mentions ANYTHING internet related unless it's huge.

I bet you anything there's at least one 30+ year old on this site alone.

Several, actually, male and female... I'm getting closeish myself (26.5)

Don't worry, within the next half century the whole world population would become bronies... :D

Anyways happy for you that your dad stopped teasing you about your interests! I still think he should be more supportive though. After all, your his child!

i wonder if there are more male viewers of the show than females? that would be an interesting statistic!

Almost definitely, I'd say 20 to 25 percent of all adult MLP fans are female.

There was a "Brony census" or "State of the Herd" survey done which indicated that about 14% of pony fans are female, but that sounds rather low to me, especially considering we had a poll on this website which said roughly 25% of our members are female.

The aforementioned "State of the Herd" survey can be found here. :)

Almost definitely, I'd say 20 to 25 percent of all adult MLP fans are female.

There was a "Brony census" or "State of the Herd" survey done which indicated that about 14% of pony fans are female, but that sounds rather low to me, especially considering we had a poll on this website which said roughly 25% of our members are female.

The aforementioned "State of the Herd" survey can be found here. :)

yeah i figured when you count teenagers and up there would be more male viewers, but what if you also counted the original audience it was intended for, the kids? i suppose it would be much harder to gather data from that age range. I bet the producers of the show had no clue this was going to happen, but it works out for them because it allows them to sell a lot more merchandise.