Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you imitate anypony's voice?

Clarity

• 2 months later...

I think I'm pretty good at Scootaloo's voice! Me and my cousin we testing each other, and when she gave me one of Scootaloo's lines, I sounded really like her! And I'm not boasting. It's funny, because I can't do Rainbow Dash, she has the same kind of tomboyish voice - I hate it when I fail at a voice imitation, it's embarrassing. I can't do it in front of people face to face either, cos I have to make funny faces to get the sound right haha!

I also find myself and my sister constantly speaking with Applejack's accent (calling each other sugar cubes, haha), but imitating her just really fails when I try too hard.

Edited by (\ScootaDash/)

I can impersonate Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Princess Celestia, and Discord, to varying degrees of success. I'm pretty good at it too. I have a wide range of pitches I am able to use. To some degree I can also imitate the way Spike talks.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

Not really...but I've never tried :L 

I can do Big Mac pretty well though, and Snowflake's "YYYEAAHH!" almost spot on. 

I haven't really attempted any of the mane 6, I mainly try background ponies. 

I can also do Derpy (the actual Derpy voice, not that remake crap) and Bon Bon - when she says "I didn't put those in my bag" 

Other than that I dont really know...but if someone can voice Princess Luna or Nightmare Moon, that would make my day to hear it done well.

I can do Zecora spot on. 

I can also do Applejack, but she's the only one of the mane six I can do. I can do the diamond dogs as well, basically the same as my Gollum imitation, which is pretty good.

Those are the main voices I can do, I could probably do some minor characters, too. 

I can do a very good Trixie, in my opinion. And that's about it. 

The one of the Mane 6 I can sound most like is Rarity sometimes (not at all), although my singing voice can be made to sound pretty similar to Twilight's or Pinkie's. When I try to do RD, I sound like a mediocre Blythe from Littlest Pet Shop, which is... actually not that far off, but not quite right either. 

• Brohoof 2

Judging from how hard my brother and sister laughed when I tried to read On A Cross and Arrow to them while doing all the lines in each of the mane six's voices, I would have to guess not. I probably would have laughed too :).

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

I have a voice that I can shape and modify to my liking. I loved to imitate many cartoons when I was younger, like the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and Rocky and Bullwinkle.

I can imitate Fluttershy, Scootaloo, and basically every male character.

I can kind of imitate Celestia and Luna.

I am trying to imitate Applejack and Rarity. All I would give to have those accents...

Edited by Greasy Old-Fart

I wish I could imitate a pony's voice.  Other than a weak impression of Big Mac' Eeyup, forget about it. :P

But I do want to say that I am amazed at how close some people can come to sounding like the original voice actors in character.  As a fan of the Friendship is Witchcraft series, I like how two people did a decent job with almost the whole cast.  The guy actually does a decent, if masculine sounding, impression of Diamond Tiara.  But when he does Princess Celestia, he makes her sound like a drag queen.  :blink:

When they needed additional voices for Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, they took auditions.  I was very impressed by the one who won the Scootaloo role.  You can hear her audition tape here:

Is there a specific section just for voice impressions you guys have done?  Maybe in the other fan works section?  I need to check it out.  :)

Unfortunately I am a guy so... Idk i'm at a pretty high disadvantage of ever being able to imitate most of the ponies on the show.

The only voices I could really ever have a chance at are the guy charactors like BigMac, Flim and flam, Flutterguy, ect.

To be honest I've never really tried any of them though.

Maybe I should one day, when i'm bored lol. I imagine I'd do a pretty terrible job, but I'm sure one day I'll get the urge to try it.

• 2 months later...

I can do .mov fluttershy really well. All you need to do is speak deeply with you're jaw closed. I'm a bit obsessed with that voice, I would oftern just randomly speak in it, even when talking to my sister and stuff.

Also I can do a (slightly racist sounding) Pacco voice again from the .mov series. I suppose those voices are just exaggerated and don't take much tallent to speak in.

I can do Big Mac (but what male cannot? :P). If I really put my mind to it my to it I can do an Octavia and Vinyl Scratch voice (the ones from epic wub time at least . But it strains my voice, it's pretty low naturally. But apart from that no, just leave me to do my Tommy Wiseau and Golum voice in the corner... sad.png

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I can do really good imitations of Soarin' and Big Mac. Also, I've working on an impression of the Flim Flam brothers; I'm pretty close at doing a top-notch job at Flim's voice, but my Flam voice still needs a little more work.

Edited by CinemaBrony

Well, I can't really relate to anyone's voice. I wish I could! That would be amazing to have more than 3 talents! DJing, Cinematography, Drawing, and Voice Acting!

Even as I guy, I find that my voice tends to emulate Rainbow Dash more than I realize at first.  (which I guess would make me Rainbow Blitz according to Rule 63).  Also, Big Mac is fun to imitate.  mellow.png  

My friends tell me i am good at twilight's voice even though i'm a male and i sing bass. they also say im good at pinkie because i know how to make myself talk really fast. in my opinion they aren't that good but i guess they are on account that when my friend xavier asked me to do twilight's voice for the first time, he flipped his shit because he thought is was spot on.

(edited)

Being a guy, I'm kind of at a disadvantage. I can make a few decent voices for characters I've written in the past, some more fun than others; but besides a somewhat decent Maximillion Pegasus voice (yugioh), I can't really emulate anyone.

Edited by Celtore

I can do a fairly well and accurate Big Mac voice. I'm able to pull it off my manually adjusting the pitch of my voice using my adams apple and using my natural American southern English accent (that I despise, actually).

i'm a 34 year old guy, so... at best maybe I could give Big Macintosh a shot.  With some practice, that is.  Not a lot of options in this series for a bass-baritone.