Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you imitate anypony's voice?

Clarity

Can anyone give me more feedback n my voice imitation please? And despite what you all say, it probably wouldn't stand out to me unless we actually hear it.

alright fine.

your speaking lines are too breathy and shakey. making a raspy whispery voice as if fluttershy smoked heavily when the line demands a normal fluttershy voice.

plus your speaking voice needs to be more high pitch.

yeah thats pretty much it. you get the foleys well enough.... well I didn't hear any squeals and squeals but meh.

Alright, I went ahead and did it. I made this last night, after I read this thread and decided to try my hand at being a terrible person voice actor.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-fYOafnAm8&feature=youtu.be

Edited by CaptainMcMuffin

People tell me I can do a good Bane impression.

Maybe I could do Fluttershy, but seeing as I'm a dude, that probably wouldn't turn out too well. The female characters are out, and there's like one male character who has more than two lines, so that's out too. Oh well...

• Brohoof 2

As most of the other guys in this thread have indicated, imitating the voices of younger women when you are a man tends to be a very difficult task. As such, I can't say that I'm terribly well-suited to imitate any of the central characters.

• Brohoof 2

I've never actually tried to imitate anypony's voice before. I don't know if I'd be any good at it. But I do have a very feminine voice.(I am constantly called "M'am" over the drive thru at the McDonald's I work at. Way more than "sir".) So... maybe I'll give it a shot tonight.

I can pull of a decent enough Big Mac, but my most accurate imitation is that of Discord. Granted I'm no John de Lancie, but I think I capture the character quite well. I've never uploaded anything to YouTube, so I can't link anything, but yeah... there ya go :L

As most of the other guys in this thread have indicated, imitating the voices of younger women when you are a man tends to be a very difficult task. As such, I can't say that I'm terribly well-suited to imitate any of the central characters.

qui-gon jin is best brony.

I do attest to you tho that I get many many male auditions. Most of them being Discord.

Alright, I went ahead and did it. I made this last night, after I read this thread and decided to try my hand at being a terrible person voice actor.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-fYOafnAm8&feature=youtu.be

try fancy pants, blue blood, jetset, braeburn aaaaaand soarin...

those are always the popular (non-discord) ones

try fancy pants, blue blood, jetset, braeburn aaaaaand soarin...

those are always the popular (non-discord) ones

Yeah, I was actually thinking of trying to do a legitimate attempt at voice acting. That was just me messing around, if you couldn't tell ^_^

I really like imitating Spike's voice. My voice isn't as low as most people my age, and I still sound like a kid even though I'm a teenager. I would put up something, but the last time I did that (Youtube) I received immediate criticism.

I can pull off a pretty mean Snails, ask Tara. :D

But honestly I don't think I could do any of them.. MAYBE a really bad boy-ish Applejack, quite possibly a horrible Rainbow Dash though I've never tried.

qui-gon jin is best brony.

I think you mean Henri Ducard is best brony. He loves and tolerates the world by restoring balance---preferably by having a major city tear itself apart.

As for Discord, I don't think I could do him justice. John de Lancie is really in a league of his own.

I think you mean Henri Ducard is best brony. He loves and tolerates the world by restoring balance---preferably by having a major city tear itself apart.

Non-brony: You're bandwagoners.

Ducard: No, no, no. A bandwagoner is just a fan lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or hated upon. But if you make yourself more than just a bandwagoner, if you devote yourself to friendship, and if they can't hate you, then you become something else entirely.

Non-brony: Which is?

Ducard: A brony, Mr. Wayne.

Edited by Devin McCourty
  • Brohoof 1

Not at all, I can't imitate any of the females voices, the closest I could come to would probably be big Mac, because you mainly just have to say Eeyup, and you've got it! haha, wouldn't it be something if I could imitate the females voices, oh the possibilites!

Hmm.... I have yet to try voicing a pony, as I am male that really wouldn't work over too well, but perhaps I may be able to pull of Discord, Big Mac(Naturally), and a select other group of stallions. I can do some pretty good video game character impressions though.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm.... I have yet to try voicing a pony, as I am male that really wouldn't work over too well, but perhaps I may be able to pull of Discord, Big Mac(Naturally), and a select other group of stallions. I can do some pretty good video game character impressions though.

I can vouch for this, actually. His Wario, Luigi, and Mario are so close to the VA's that it scares me. Guess I have to thank Mario Party 4 and some Saturday night gaming. ^_^

Please please PLEASE give opinions on my voice, PLEEAAASEEE. :angry:

Even if you don't like it! It is my first impression after all, and since I can't hear you all, even if you SAY you can do it, but I don't ACTUALLY hear it, then it's less believable.