Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Overrated/Underrated Characters?

TwiForLife

(edited)

Derpy overratted You ARE IN FOR IT!

Derpy is one of the most well made canon characters. Calling derpy overated lost my respect for you and damn well I hope every one else here. She was anything but overated being one of the cutest characters in show history. Hasbro knew what they were doing before it got ruined she was perfectly made. So don't even start with me or you will prepare for death.

Edited by Derpy Mooves

Derpy overratted You ARE IN FOR IT!

Derpy is one of the most well made canon characters. Calling derpy overated lost my respect for you and damn well I hope every one else here. She was anything but overated being one of the cutest characters in show history. Hasbro knew what they were doing before it got ruined she was perfectly made. So don't even start with me or you will prepare for death.

Pardon my confusion, but what do you mean by "well made canon character(s)"? Do you mean in terms of design or personality? Most of Derpy's character traits, including her briefly mentioned name, were developed by fans. There isn't much canonically established about her other than she is occasionally wall-eyed and is prone to being clumsy.

(edited)

Pardon my confusion, but what do you mean by "well made canon character(s)"? Do you mean in terms of design or personality? Most of Derpy's character traits, including her briefly mentioned name, were developed by fans. There isn't much canonically established about her other than she is occasionally wall-eyed and is prone to being clumsy.

Her placement. Looks ( i know her eyes were a mistake) her cutie marks. She was always there when you forget her and see her and kind of be like "Oh its derpy!" Thats amazing and I have never had such a 'feel' with any other shows I've watched.

Edited by Derpy Mooves

(edited)

When it comes to the Mane 6, I think there is enough diversity between different people's opinions on their favorite/least favorite of the group to prevent any of them from being vastly overrated. However, Applejack seems to be the most underrated from what I've seen, not too many people seem to favor her over the others. When it comes to background ponies, I believe one of the most underrated/overlooked of them all is Shoeshine- you know, that blue earth pony with the blueish-gray mane? She is one of the more prominent background ponies in the show, yet no one ever seems to mention her! I mean, what's up with that? She's personally one of my favorites... :blink:

Edited by Super Brony Bolt 64
  • Brohoof 1

I know I already said this, but why won't you guys show love to mah little Applejack?! :(

Applejack is amazing! She's my 3rd fav! Maybe 2nd! Applejack i spunky, kind honest and funny. Idk why people hate her. Maybe because every other ponies personality is exaggerated enough that hers is so blended that she becomes unfavorable. Just my look.

(edited)

Normally I'd say Discord, because he has a lot of potential. Asides from the 'encased in stone' thing that can be hard to find new excuses for to get out every time, he and Celestia have a rivalry that isn't present with any of the other villains, and I feel they could go further with that. However, for this I shall say:

Underrated: Luna. She just doesn't get enough involvement either, and so far has only has one episode dedicated to her, and not even used much elsewhere (NNM at the start doesn't count in these terms). I feel she should be shown more often here and there like Celestia is, both by herself and with Celestia.

Overrated: I dunno, hate to be stickler but I'm gonna say Derpy too. Yeah woohoo they gave her a fan name and that's cool, but, eh.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

Hmmm... hard for me to come up with an overrated pony, but I'll try:

Underrated: Definitely Applejack; IDK, maybe she's just a little too normal or well balanced for a lot of people. Not that the other Mane 6 are screwed up or anything, it's just, well, the rest usually have something really extreme about their personalities; not so with AJ, so maybe that's why she's a little underrated in the community, which is a shame, because I really love her character.

Background ponies as well; I don't think it's so much that they're underrated by the community, but more that they're under-utilized by the producers (but then I guess they wouldn't be background ponies, huh :P ). Still, next season I think it'd be nice to see some of the background ponies get episodes devoted to them; it would give the show some variety from its usual formula, and we'd get to learn more about Ponyville and the other ponies who live there (AND I ALSO WANT A DERPY EPISODE!!!!!!! :angry: )

Overrated: Oh gosh dang, this is gonna be hard, hmmmmmm... I guess that I think that Rainbow Dash might just be a teensy weensy bit overrated...

... http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

OH COME ON, DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT RD!!! Ok, let me explain; I love RD, absolutely love her as much as the rest of the Mane 6. But when it comes to her community rep, I think she might just be a tad overrated in that, while she has an absolutely fun and exciting personality, she can also be quite arrogant, and has even stooped to cheating to win competitions in the past, which I don't find admirable at all. Now, does RD usually learn from her mistakes, of course she does, she's Rainbow Dash for crying out loud!!!!! Also, I think that most people in the community recognize her less than admirable traits for what they are, but there still is a significant portion of fans who just choose to ignore her character flaws and, as such, overrate her by just a bit. Just a bit mind you! I love ya Rainbow Dash, don't you worry about that! :)

Overrated: Most background ponies especially the ones that were fan named: Derpy, Lyra, Bonbon, Dr. Whooves, Vinyl, etc...

Underrated: Celestia... If Cheerilee had one, she can have an episode too.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Overrated: Trixie, she's a self-absorbed bitch who shows up in one episode to show off how much of a self-absorbed bitch she is, lies about killing an ursa major, is given the chance to do it again, reveals she lied, then twilight is forced to save the day with her powers. Then she refuses to accept that twilight is better than her, and runs off still acting like she's uber-awesome sauce, and people try to make her out as if she's some super interesting uber-deep character and make up sympathetic traits for her. Draco in leather pants basically.

Problem, Trixie fans? See my avatar :)

Edited by Pegasus25
  • Brohoof 1

Overrated: Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Rainbow dash, every background pony (Derpy, Vinvyl, Octavia, Bonbon, Lyra etc.), and Luna.

Underrated: Celestia, Applejack, Sweetiebelle, Spike.

~

Underrated:

Twilight Sparkle: She needs more love!!!

Twilight has the most fan over any other pony on the show so....

overrated.

~

Well, i gotta say the most overrated character would have to be Fluttershy, but i still think she is awesome no matter :)

The most underrated is Applejack.

(edited)

Twilight has the most fan over any other pony on the show so....

overrated.

~

Well that's just not true...She gets the most hate out of all of them. (which pisses me off!)

Anyway

Overrated: Fluttershy and Octavia

Underrated: Applejack, Rarity, the CMCs and it pains me to say this...Twilight.

Edited by Crystal Sparkle

Well that's just not true...She gets the most hate out of all of them. (which pisses me off!)

It is true, in the biggest brony poll,

Twilight had the most fans (fluttershy coming in second) and Rarity and AJ in last.

Rarity gets so much hate, for being girly and having human faults.

I've never seen anypony hate on Twilight.

~

It is true, in the biggest brony poll,

Twilight had the most fans (fluttershy coming in second) and Rarity and AJ in last.

Rarity gets so much hate, for being girly and having human faults.

I've never seen anypony hate on Twilight.

~

Maybe I'm browsing the wrong sites, because it seems like everypony is always making fun of her.

Why's everyone think fluttershy's overrated?

I don't know,

maybe it's the 1 dimensional cliché personality and the huge herd of obsessive fan boys ;)

BRUN

lol

~

Maybe I'm browsing the wrong sites, because it seems like everypony is always making fun of her.

Perhaps :P

~

I wish Rarity had more fans, then I could have more desktop background selection ;p

~

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

We all have characters on this show that most certainly get a lot of lot of love and others just doesn't seem to get enough. Who do you think is the most overrated/underrated character in MLP:FiM?

For me:

Underrated: Applejack, for some reason she doesn't get a lot of love as much as the others...

Overrated: Probably Derpy, I fail to see the obsession with this character, though she is a cutie. And maybe Fluttershy a little.

Underrated: Storm Spark

Overrated: Derpy Hooves (but she's so CUTE!)

Edited by rterwa

I don't know,

maybe it's the 1 dimensional cliché personality and the huge herd of obsessive fan boys ;)

BRUN

lol

Posted Image

I'm not good with explanations, but I can say that she has depth, she has her moments of bravery(the stare master, dragonshy) and badassery, she's shown she can be responsible with fillies (the staremaster) conquering her fear of the evergreen forest to save them, and that she isn't always so timid (the best night ever) where she can get super angry and crazy if pushed to her limits. I'd say she has quite a bit of depth, and that that's what's her appeal: that she's not some 1 dimensional cliche', weak, helpless shy girl, she's much more.