Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Overrated/Underrated Characters?

TwiForLife

But you don't see how that is part of the weak shy girl cliché ?

They always have random moments of strength/anger

and learn to become brave.

*yawn*

But the difference is fluttershy is learning how to be more and more assertive now, where as the cliche' never learns. That and she's just so adorable

Posted Image

Overrated? well after some thought I'd have to say Pinkie Pie. Honest to god I don't know how most of those supposed 4th wall breaking skills even came to be.

Underrated: Applejack, poor girl seems to be often buried by the antiques of the rest of the cast.

(edited)

Overrated: Twilight Sparkle ( Im sorry Twi :( ) and Fluttershy

Underrated: Luna and Applejack

Edited by Mal

• 3 weeks later...

Underrated: Spike and Applejack! Why are they the least populaur? They are my favorites.

Overrated: Fluttershy, Dont get me wrong, I like her, but she is overrated.

Underrated: Trixie, She deserves more love!

Overrated: Trixie. I dont really agree that shes underrated. For a minor/mean character I think she gets a bunch of love/

Overrated: Chrysalis. Sorry to all the people out there who love her but I just thought she was an alright villain. To me, nothing can top Discord.

Underrated: Rarity. I used to despise this pony until I discovered that I love her accent and I love her attitude. Sorry Dash...

• Brohoof 3

Overrated: Cutie Mark Crusaders. If the individual members aren't part of a plot involving their sisters or Scootaloo with RD, then they're basically 'eh' for me. The 'pursuing cutie marks' thing got old really fast for me. They had a few good episodes, like the one that featured the flashbacks of the Mane 6, but most of them are just shrug and eh worthy for me.

Underrated: Applejack & Luna, as neither of them receive nearly enough love. Luna doesn't even get enough screen time.

(edited)

Underrated is easily AJ. She's like no ones favorite. Poor AJ.

Overrated is Kobe Bryant, loljk, I wouldn't say twilight cause she is a really cool pony. I understand why people like her. I have to go with Chrysalis on this one. I never really saw why she's so popular.

Overrated: Cutie Mark Crusaders. If the individual members aren't part of a plot involving their sisters or Scootaloo with RD, then they're basically 'eh' for me. The 'pursuing cutie marks' thing got old really fast for me. They had a few good episodes, like the one that featured the flashbacks of the Mane 6, but most of them are just shrug and eh worthy for me.

Underrated: Applejack & Luna, as neither of them receive nearly enough love. Luna doesn't even get enough screen time.

I don't see how you can say the CMC are overrated. No one really even likes them that much. I like them because they're simply cute :3

Edited by Derpy Mooves
  • Brohoof 2

OVERRATED: Derpy Hooves. People get a little too crazy over every little appearance she makes IMO, especially with the episode "The Last Roundup." It's not an easy pick to make.

UNDERRATED: Scootaloo. The Mane 6 had their spotlight, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle had their moments, Derpy gotten partial screen time with her Where's Waldo-like appearances, Princess Luna left a mark in the two-part Pilot and so why isn't Scootaloo getting much attention as the other ponies?

• Brohoof 1

Seems to be some bi-polarity going over whether Derpy is overrated or underrated. :o I'd say she's a bit overrated though, as much as I like her. :P

Well it makes sense that an over/underrated discussion would have controversy. After all, whether a character is over/under is only perspective and opinion. Having said that, I'm going to reiterate that Derpy is underrated. However, I'll note that I think she's partly underrated because of the controversy. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Overrated - Probably Pinkie Pie. And it pains me to say this, because she's one of my favorite characters. But honestly, from a critic's perspective, she's a character archetype that's been done a million times. A good example (and one most people would get) is Dee Dee from Dexter's Laboratory (and I'm pretty sure Pinkie Pie draws at least some inspiration from her). But that's just one example. Alot of shows have that quirky weird, yet lovable character in them. Pinkie Pie's just a bit more extreme with that side of her. And it's hard for me to admit, because I freaking love her to death, but I do think she gets more praise than she probably should. Slightly... Just a little. Dammit! I still love her though!

Underrated - Photo Finish. This is a pony that is despised by most of the Brony community. I've seen let's watches of the show all over youtube, and only ONCE have I heard anyone say anything positive about her. And the thing is, I love her character. I love her accent, even though it came out of left field. And despite being a pallet swap, I like her design. But the biggest reason I think she's underrated, and it's something that I'm surprised nobody's gotten yet. She is very reminiscent of a type of character Mel Brooks would come up with (and I wouldn't be surprised if that was what they were going for with her character). That goofy (usually female) character with the Germain or Swedish accent that you see time and again in alot of his movies. But yeah, she definitely doesn't get enough credit, and I'd love to see her in a future episode. But she needs more funny lines.

• Brohoof 1