Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Overrated/Underrated Characters?

TwiForLife

We all have characters on this show that most certainly get a lot of lot of love and others just doesn't seem to get enough. Who do you think is the most overrated/underrated character in MLP:FiM?

For me:

Underrated: Applejack, for some reason she doesn't get a lot of love as much as the others...

Overrated: Probably Derpy, I fail to see the obsession with this character, though she is a cutie. And maybe Fluttershy a little.

• Brohoof 12

I don't wanna call them overrated because it implies they're inferior when really we all love ponies, just some more than others :(

Under-appreciated: Applejack

Over-popular: Fluttershy, yeah I said it

• Brohoof 23

(edited)

Overrated: Probably Derpy, I fail to see the obsession with this character, though she is a cutie. And maybe Fluttershy a little.

To an extent, yes. Derpy is somewhat overrated. But I think that's because of the fact that they actually gave her the name Derpy like the fans were calling her. They made it cannon and her eyes just make many people laugh and like her. But still, the whole Derpy drama was a little unnecessary.

IMO Twilight is a little Underrated by the fanbase. I don't see her mentioned as a favourite or any other way much online. I could be just not looking in the right spot of course.

Edited by Silver Arrow
  • Brohoof 4

Underrated: Like many others said Applejack

Overrated: Fluttershy

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE fluttershy but them fluttershy fanboys are just crazy, I think they'd tear off there own skin and let he walk on it :v

• Brohoof 8

Overrated: Vinyl. scratch I mean seriously 3 secs of air time and she has almost as many fans and fics as most mane 6

You're just upset Vinyl beat Trixie in the MLP March Madness poll lolol

• Brohoof 3

You're just upset Vinyl beat Trixie in the MLP March Madness poll lolol

Maybe a bit but it still true Vinyl is over rated as hell. At least derpy is canon and they have her as an easter egg in many episodes whiile Vinyl had that 2-3 sec of airtime

I have to agree with Leoc on this one.

Overrated: Vinyl

Underated: Applejack

I would also like to see more of Trixie.

More Trixie I agree with that.

I felt like AJ was left out that's why she's my avatar. :3 I think one of the most overated characters are Rainbow Dash tbh.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Overrated: DJ PON3. Other than the visual design, I just don't see the appeal of the character. Plus, I hate the genre of music the fans have taken to associating her with. Dubstep... ick.

Underrated: Berry Punch. She isn't exactly overlooked, but she doesn't receive as much attention from the fans as say, Derpy Hooves or Lyra.

Edited by Legendary Emerald

Vinyl dislike in this topic makes me sad :(

She's not overrated to me because we, the fans, can make her however we want her to be because all we were given was a 3 second clip of her design. She's like a sandbox for the fans to mold her into whatever pony they want her to be. That mystery and that ability for people to give their own interpretations is what makes Vinyl cool.

Unlike that jackwagon Trixie who we already know is a meanie and show off >_> *kidding kidding*

• Brohoof 5

Vinyl dislike in this topic makes me sad :(

She's not overrated to me because we, the fans, can make her however we want her to be because all we were given was a 3 second clip of her design. She's like a sandbox for the fans to mold her into whatever pony they want her to be. That mystery and that ability for people to give their own interpretations is what makes Vinyl cool.

Unlike that jackwagon Trixie who we already know is a meanie and show off >_> *kidding kidding*

You're describing why the fanon version of Vinyl isn't overrated, which i'm sure others could agree with.

They meant the canon version of Vinyl is overrated because we haven't seen enough of her in the actual show for there to be this much hype surrounding her.

• Brohoof 3

Overrated: Fluttershy...honestly, I know she's cute and all, but please: SHUT UP

Underrated: Clearly Applejack. Everypony loves everypony else, but Applejack just isn't getting enough love....

Then of course, the secret category, "Needs to become Overrated:" Rainbow Dash.

Sexiest Pony.

Awesome Pony.

Cutest Pony.

Iron Pony.

Coolest Pony.

Has all the elements pony.

BEST BUCKING PONY

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Overrated: Fluttershy and tGaPT

Underrated: Spike, Photo Finish, Granny Smith and Applejack

Edited by Jokuc

Underrated: Applejack, for some reason she doesn't get a lot of love as much as the others...

:wacko: That is PRECISELY what I was going to say! ^_^

I might add that I think Rarity is under appreciated, too. I don't think she deserves the amount of criticism she gets.