Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Overrated/Underrated Characters?

TwiForLife

(edited)

Underrated: Applejack.

Overrated: Vinyl. Like many others I don't understand how somepony could get so much attention and love from just 3 seconds? You know nothing about her personality or anything. The only thing you base her on is her looks.

Edited by Teddan50
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Overrated: Applejack and Fluttershy (all the muscular Fluttershy fans are about to hit me)

Underrated: Rarity. Trixie maybe, but not very (she has a normal number of fans, but an excessive number of haters).

Edited by Starswirl the Trixied
  • Brohoof 1

Overrated: Rainbow Dash, only for the many many overused quotes.

Underrated: Rarity. I love her because she is creating fashion trends rather than following them.

• Brohoof 2

I agree with all of you. Applejack is certainly underrated. Although the fact that everyone here says that she is underrated may mean that she never was underrated in the first place. Heh.

Overrated? Erm... This is hard.

Der...py? I guess it'd have to be Derpy.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I think it's impossible to overrate the ponies ;)

So N/A on that one.

And they're all underrated :D

lol.

But really, I'm not spending enough time with the fans to gauge this, but from what I've seen I think RD is a bit misunderstood. I think people overemphasize her "coolness" too much. Yeah, she's like that, and it's a major character trait, but it's not all she's about. I don't think she'd be wearing leather and all humanized. Or even be radical. People forget how gentle she actually is, but just in contrast to the other characters her rough side stands out more.

Overrated: Derpy Hooves (and every other background pony), Rarity, Luna, Big Macintosh, Trixie, and Chrysalis.

Underrated: N/A

Lemme fix this for you. It should say:

Underrated: Derpy Hooves (and every other background pony), Rarity, Luna, Big Macintosh, Trixie, and Chrysalis.

Overrated: N/A

(edited)

I'm not sure what kind of definition I want to use for overrated or underrated since that usually talks about one's ability or capability.

But Celestia probably needs to get fleshed out more in terms of her character in the coming series; main reason for her having so much parodies and variations and anti-fan is her under-developed character.

Edit: I have to say, Rarity is perhaps bit underrated. In my point of view she's the most believable character in the series aside from her over-dramatic demeanor because of her drive, range of emotion and her potential growth.

Edited by ein12
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not sure what kind of definition I want to use for overrated or underrated since that usually talks about one's ability or capability.

But Celestia probably needs to get fleshed out more in terms of her character in the coming series; main reason for her having so much parodies and variations and anti-fan is her under-developed character.

Edit: I have to say, Rarity is perhaps bit underrated. In my point of view she's the most believable character in the series aside from her over-dramatic demeanor because of her drive, range of emotion and her potential growth.

I definitely agree that Celestia needs more character development, perhaps it could be the focus for an episode or a flashback or something.

(edited)

Overrated: Too many people are saying Fluttershy :( honestly, I don't see why so many people are thinking that when Trixie and Twilight are getting way too much undeserved love. If they gave Twilight more humor and made her less boring, yeah I might like her.

Underrated. For one, Applejack is of course. She doesn't have the Awesome moments like Dashie, or cute moments like Fluttershy, but i'm mainly saying this because they are responsible for making her this way.

When more of her background story is made, then she gets even more funny, she will begin to get noticed.

I also think Rarity is underrated a bit.

Edited by Suskieshy
  • Brohoof 2

Overrated- rainbowdash

underrated- Luna, Big Macintosh, Pinkie Pie (she is always people's second or third favorite of the mane 6 she should be people's favorite)

I thought I was the only one that thought that about pinkie <3 lol xD But can't expect the whole fanbase to have the same opinion,things would be boring

also from what I see pinkie's fanbase is pretty decent

(edited)

Overrated: Fluttershy, though she's my favorite of the mane 6, Vinyl Scratch as well as a few other background ponies, and Trixie.

Underrated: Spike, definitely Applejack, Zecora (I'd really like seeing some more Zecora, she's cool), and maybe Twilight and Rarity.

Edited by cleva

Overrated: Derpy Hooves,FlutterShy,....RAINBOW DASH,Trixie,Vinvyl.

Underrated: Spike,Twilight,Lyra,Bon Bon,anddd applejack.... :( Still love you AJ

• Brohoof 1

Overrated: Fluttershy...honestly, I know she's cute and all, but please: SHUT UP

Underrated: Clearly Applejack. Everypony loves everypony else, but Applejack just isn't getting enough love....

Then of course, the secret category, "Needs to become Overrated:" Rainbow Dash.

Sexiest Pony.

Awesome Pony.

Cutest Pony.

Iron Pony.

Coolest Pony.

Has all the elements pony.

BEST BUCKING PONY

OMG Biggest brohoof in the world