Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favourite past time GameCube/Nintendo/P.S game?

Ad Foedera Cresco

So, what was your favourite past time game when you were younger or little? Was it by Nintendo? Sega, or another Company? This could probably incolve Halo: CE or Halo 2 too because those are pretty old games :) Maybe Halo 3 now, or others game similiar.

Mine has to be Halo 3 tops, just all I have to say, it brings back my enitre middle-school childhood, and Highschool too! Something besides that has to be Sonic Adventure 2: Battle :D I loved everything about the game, I loved the upgrades, the multiplayer, story-line, but mainly what I loved the most about it is the Chao World :wub: ! I miss my Chaos, they're still probably in Chao heaven playing with their expensive toys or some Chaos I might've left in Chao school for 7-8+ years.

Edited by Ad Foedera Cresco
  • Brohoof 3

Ocarina of Time. So original!

The weird thing was, I didn't even own the game. I borrowed it from a generous friend who didn't see her cartridge for about 4 months afterwards.

Moving on to a next gen system, I loved Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the Gamecube. I recall that with SA2B my friend and I would play treasure hunting levels and wander around randomly, not even trying to find anything. That game has to be my most replayed game of all time too. I wish that I took better care of the disks though, considering that they're now horribly scratched and will never work again. MY CHAOS WILL NEVER BE ALIVE AGAIN. :(

I didn't play video games much aside from that, although I loved playing Super Mario Advance (Super Mario Bros 2) on my Gameboy all the time, playing only as Peach. I don't think I ever thought of playing as anyone other than Peach.

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 3

I used to be a major RPG and platformer fanatic growing up. Crash Bandicoot was my very first video game for the PS1, alongside with Secret of Mana which was my first game for the Super Nintendo. I have such a special relation to both of them in the fact that they were the first games I've ever played and got me into being a gamer in the first place.

I too love Sonic Adventure 2, and say that is my favorite gamecube game. Better than one, but both are amazing. I really wish Sega would of put a Chao garden in Sonic Generations, but o well.

My favorite Nintendo game would be Super Smash Bros with Crazy taxi following in close behind.

I never played on the P.S. :(

I too love Sonic Adventure 2, and say that is my favorite gamecube game. Better than one, but both are amazing. I really wish Sega would of put a Chao garden in Sonic Generations, but o well.

My favorite Nintendo game would be Super Smash Bros with Crazy taxi following in close behind.

I never played on the P.S. :(

Super Smash Bros. was Soo fun back in the Golden days, we need something as good as that on XBL or somehing, miss playing as Samus spamming missiles ;) To be honest, you haven't missed much at all without a Play station console. Everything great was mainly on nintendo conoles (besides Starwars Battlefront series IMO, isn't as great though) Edited by Ad Foedera Cresco

I am such a huge fan of this game. I still play it sometimes. I never got a hang of raising Chaos though. Such a great play. I think my all time favorite(s) would have to be these right here, the first of which is completely underrated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

The Magic of Scheherazade for NES.

It could hold its own today pretty well against modern RPGs, but back during its release it was unlike anything I had ever seen in the genre. I think it's safe to say that was the game that got me into RPGs and made them my favorite. Keep in mind that this game came out in the late 80s, and at that point in history RPGs were still by and large sticking to the simple formula of a good guy setting out to bring down a villain so he wouldn't destroy the world or something. This game employed familiar elements but in fresh ways, as well as bringing in some things I hadn't seen before. There were also two modes of combat: the first being what you might call your typical hack n' slash, where enemies are on screen and you fight them off in real time. The second was more like your traditional RPG battle screen, where your party was opposite the enemy's and you both took turns to commit actions; these instances happened randomly during area transitions.

I could detail the plot here but this is a game I highly recommend everybody try out, even if it's only through an emulator.

And it has the best musical score of any game on the NES:

Edited by Artemis

I think classic Tactical RPG games are heavily underrated nowadays........

Games like Fire Emblem or Megaman Battle Network series were all classical games i use to like playing back in the early 2000's but now it looks like FPS shooter is taking the spotlight all the time.

Honorable Mention: Anyone remember the X-COM games for the DOS?

• Brohoof 2

I am such a huge fan of this game. I still play it sometimes. I never got a hang of raising Chaos though. Such a great play. I think my all time favorite(s) would have to be these right here, the first of which is completely underrated.

Posted Image

Holy, Buck, I compleytely forgot the name if this but now I remember! Or got reminded ^_^ I was too young to even be remotely good at MegaMan Legends, it was hard as a little kid :) I do remember fighting that 4 legged orange spider that destroyed buildings, and shooting things that looked like eletrobes(?) from Pokemon, and those tanks in the sand-storm Edited by Ad Foedera Cresco

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't play video games much aside from that, although I loved playing Super Mario Advance (Super Mario Bros 2) on my Gameboy all the time, playing only as Peach. I don't think I ever thought of playing as anyone other than Peach.

I loved playing as Peach in SMB2! She could float! Badass.

Battletoads was fun despite being insanely, sadistically hard. I never made it past that ridiculous racing level. But there was nothing like playing Baseball Stars. My dad and brother and I all had our own teams, but Dad's was the best. Nobody could beat him.

• Brohoof 1

I just started playing Sonic Adventure 2 again (since it came on to PSN). It's awesome, but some things feel different from the GC version that stop it from being a perfect port.

But although I had a lot of fun with that, I'd have to put 'Super Smash Bros. Melee' ahead of it. I stuck over 100 hours into that baby, making it one of the most played games in my history.

There was just so much to do, like playing through the Story mode with each character, battling your way through Classic mode and of course, competing against your friends. The fighting mechanics were just perfect, giving you control of moves unique to each character that weren't all 'Street Fighter' style with the long combos and diagonal inputs, and instead giving the A and B buttons 4 attacks each; one for each direction. You could either tap the buttons, giving a fast-yet-weak attack, or in some cases, you could hold down a button, let go and smash your opponent! Plus the characters that you can play as in SSBM are iconic, ranging from the über popular Mario to the more obscure Ness (both being from awesome game series).