Your favourite quotes.

"The deep dark yawning pit of the next step of your life
Might look like a fall but it could be a flight
And who knows, that pit might be filled with ice cream
maybe you're lactose intollerant, but you get what I mean

Or maybe pain and failure is all that's awaiting you
I'm just baiting you.
Whether your facing hell or a festival
My point here, right now, is grab it by the testicle.

Make it your bitch! This is all you've got!
Your one shot, it's short, it's actually probably not
But while you grab life by the balls be careful with people
Don't be a creep or you might find a deep hole
Success might be however you define it
But if you define it wrong, you're never gonna find it.

Or even if you do, it'll suck to know
that you got there at the expense of those
who you love, or would have, if you'd ever even tried
Because it's not he who has the most toys when he died
It's just life! And if you're not at least trying to be happy, then why?"- Hank Green

Edited by Bloo47

"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." -George Carlin

“Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.”

"Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film"

• Brohoof 1

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

I ain't like you and I don't want your love and I don't need your respect - Blood for Blood, White Trash Anthems, aint like you

You can shut us out, but you can never shut us up - Sid Vicious

• Brohoof 1

" If you alone of all the nation shall decide on way, and that way be the right way accordng to your convictions of the right, you have done your duty by yourself and by your country--hold up your head. You have nothing to be ashamed of." ~Mark Twain

and 

"Oh, how ironic fate can be" ~Mephiles

• Brohoof 1

"Dreams are for winners"- AJ 

"We need action we need Rainbow Dash!"- Scoots

“If it is to be, it’s up to me” - Caleb Parker

"Winning its everything, its the only thing" 

Song quotes from my first Music playlist on YouTube (ScientistCat). I have plenty of others on there, some also in "Other beauty and art" or "Story ideas" because they're inspiring.

"We're comin' to america to violate / all of your hatred, isolate / all of your hardest hearts, / do it all for america. / We're comin' to america to violate / all your faith and christ parade, / it's not so cool now."

- chorus of Violate by 009 Sound System

"I wanna leave, but the world won't let me go"

- chorus Blindness by Metric

"And the one poor child who saved this world / and there's ten million more who probably could / if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them."

- Better Days by The Goo Goo Dolls

"Speak to me / When all you gotta keep is strong, / move along, move along like I know ya do; / and even when your hope is gone / move along, move along just to make it through."

- chorus of Move Along by The All American Rejects

"So when will it end, so when, when will we meet my friend?"

- Strangers from Wolf's Rain OST

"And then he'd spread whip cream all over her / cookies that she had left out on her shelf. / If you think this is dirty you can go f*** yourself."

- The Assumption Song

Hey, hey, where are the book quotes?

"That would be an understatement of laughable proportions"-Ian Kabra, Trust No One

"Uh, yeah, that goes in the 'what the crap, you think I'm stupid?' category."-Atticius Rosenbloom, Day of Doom

"Spend most of your life rules by another..........watch your race dwindle to a handful............and THEN, TELL ME WAS HAS MORE MEANING THAN YOUR OWN STRENGTH!"

""You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps........HIS PRIDE!"

"I was the perfect warrior! Cold and ruthless! I lived by my strength alone, uninhibited by foolish emotins! But slowly.....I became like you......my quest for greatness slowly giving way for a life of mediocrity....."

"I do this for you.........Bulma......Trunks......and yes, even for you........Kakarot."

Majin Vegeta had the best quotes.

Edited by Bardock

"FIghting was the only thing I was good at, but I always fought for what I believed in." - Gray Fox(MGS1)

"Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick" - Teddy Roosevelt(yes I'm quoting a president)

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?!?!!?" - Kamina(Gurren Lagann)

"Believe in yourself, not in you who believes in me, not me who believes in you, but you who believes in yourself!" - also from Kamina

"Why does life have to be so ironic?!" - Sweetie Belle

• Brohoof 1

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." - Albert Einstein
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein
"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." - Albert Einstein
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." - Albert Einstein
"Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish." - Albert Einstein

"The barriers are not erected which can say to aspiring talents and industry, 'Thus far and no farther.'" - Beethoven
"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul." - J.S. Bach
"It is a great consolation for me to remember that the Lord, to whom I had drawn near in humble and child-like faith, has suffered and died for me, and that He will look on me in love and compassion." - Mozart
"Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Mozart
"What worries you, masters you." - John Locke
"The dread of evil is a much more forcible principle of human actions than the prospect of good." - John Locke
"Any one reflecting upon the thought he has of the delight, which any present or absent thing is apt to produce in him, has the idea we call love." - John Locke
"Where all is but dream, reasoning and arguments are of no use, truth and knowledge mean nothing." - John Locke
"No one thinks of how much blood it costs." - Dante Alighieri
O conscience, upright and stainless, how bitter a sting to thee is a little fault!" - Dante Alighieri

• Brohoof 1

"Give me liberty, or give me a bran muffin!" ~Colin Mochrie

"I've said it before... science is elitist. Making rules, setting boundaries, constantly telling us what is and isn't flammable - all without input from the very people who are expected to abide by those laws. I know I never consented to Gravity Without Representation." ~Stephen Colbert

~Jin Kisaragi

"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic"

--Joseph Stalin

"We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it."

--John Lennon

"When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat"

"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist"

--George Carlin

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"

--Albert Einstein

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana"

"Marriage is a wonderful institution. But who wants to live in an institution?"

--Groucho Marx

• Brohoof 1

"Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life" - Confucious

"Ideas are more powerful than guns, if you would not allow your enemy to have guns.. why would you let them have ideas?" - Stalin

[To Lursa and B'aetor] " You have manipulated the situation with the skill of a Romulan, good day ladies" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

"We think like the frog at the bottom of a well, he thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced he would have an entirely different view" - Chairman Mao

"I can no longer obey, I have tasted command, and i cannot give it up" Napoleon Bonaparte

• Brohoof 1

“If a person offends you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures; simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick.” ~ Mark Twain

"My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them." ~Mitch Hedberg

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party." ~Ron White

"The words 'haters' and 'swag' are overused by the people who have neither." ~Anonymous

• Brohoof 1

Here are some of my favorite quotes:

Anyone who has had such an experience of God, who has felt such a profound sense of connection with reality, knows that there is only one truly significant work to do in life, and that is to love; to love nature, to love people, to love animals, to love creation itself, just because it is.
—Dr. George Rodonaia

A life of piety without a life of love (which occurs only in this world) is not a spiritual life. Rather, it is a life of love, a life of behaving honestly and fairly in every task, from a more inward source that leads to a heavenly life. Such a life is not hard. 
—Emanuel Swedenborg

We are to leave the world a little better than we found it.
—David Oakford

The most important thing in life is love.
—Dr. Raymond Moody

We are sent here to live life fully, to live it abundantly, to find joy in our own creations ... to use our free will to expand and magnify our lives.
—Betty Eadie

We mustn't wait to find our heaven in the clouds. We must find it here because it exists here and will be whatever we make it and whatever we are willing to accept of it.
—Tina

The absolutely only thing that matters is love. Everything else, our achievements, degrees, the money we made, how many mink coats we had, is totally irrelevant. It will also be understood that what we do is not important. The only thing that matters is how we do what we do. And the only thing that matters is that we do what we do with love.
—Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

By giving away food we get more strength. By bestowing clothing on others we gain more beauty. By donating abodes of purity and truth we acquire great treasures.
—Buddha

Edited by SCS
  • Brohoof 1

I like Drawn Together so here is a quote of Xainder & Captian Hero talking.

Did you come back hit me again hero?

What I'm not Captian Hero, I'm his friend the mild-mannered small town reporter Tim Thomason. How funny that you'd think I'm Hero since I have dark skin and blonde hair that flows like a river of sexy wheat. I am suppose to met a person by the name of "xondia" tell me do you know him ma'am?

Oh f*** me!

How narcissistic is it to have something you said/wrote be a favorite quote of yours? Haha anyways, this is from a personal narrative I was writing for English:

"I don't think that I'm too quiet, I think that the world is too loud."

I was writing about how people think that I'm too quiet and how I disagree, I just listen to others opinions instead of shouting what I think all the time.

• Brohoof 2

"I had weird dreams full of barnyard animals. Most of them wanted to kill me. The rest wanted food." - Percy Jackson & the olympians by Rick Riordan

and I almost forgot this one

"Always" - Snape

Edited by RESHFF

"Find a job that you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius

I love this quote. It's completely true - imagine doing the thing that you love, every day, and getting paid for it. The rest of your life would be wonderful. It's a real motivation. :)

• Brohoof 1

"Live how you wish, and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." - Dr. Suess.

"A writer of fiction  lives in fear as to whether he can create the newest thing of tomorrow while avoiding the clichés of yesterday." - Roald Dahl. 

"Don't put the key to your happiness in somebody else's pocket." - Unknown.

My three favourites... mostly because I'm both a writer, and a motivational kind of person. :derp:

• Brohoof 1

i was playing mass effect 2 when one of my crew members said this and i thought it was completely true.

"if there are three humans in a room, there will be six opinions." mass effect 2

• Brohoof 1

"The passing of time is a loud, loud experience, but only to those who listen."

-My Dad

I like it because it seems liked it should mean something, but I can't put my finger on it. The mystery is half the appeal.