Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should he appear in FiM?

Robthe1st

This Tirek Character...  

76 users have voted

1. 1. Should this character Tirek appears in FiM?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure / Don't know who he is
    • Sure, if he's more different then the G1 version

Remember this character:

Tirek:

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Tirek

He may appear only once in this special, but, he seens pretty cool! And his voice is so great for a villian!

For for those who don't know him very much, he only appears of this MLP Special: Rescue at Midnight Castle. If most of you fans seen the special and remember that character or what. If not, then take a look at that character and tell me if he should appears in that FiM tv series or not.

Should he appears in FiM?

Edited by Robthe1st

I don't think that would transfer well with the shows art-style, and plus I feel that g1 things should stay in g1. I'm sorry, but I think it would only hurt the show if they brought him back.

• Brohoof 14

I don't think that would transfer well with the shows art-style, and plus I feel that g1 things should stay in g1. I'm sorry, but I think it would only hurt the show if they brought him back.

I agree on that fully.

Plus, I'm sure the producers and writers can create a much more better villain (Like Discord, DUH!) and a better plot line. And it wouldn't really fit in with the show in general. And I don't really like the look of this villain in general as well. However, I'm sure the show can create more better villains and such. However, I never knew there were villains like that in the g1 series! So that's a bit of trivia for me. :)

• Brohoof 1

Unless, if the studio maybe makes him more different of the character design style then the old version of Tirek. I don't know. But, I do think he should appears. For a scary character like that. I wonder if some MLP fans ever had nightmares about him?

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 2

I really doubt that will happen, but now that they have got Minotaur's into the picture and they really like greek mythology, anythings possible.

Is it just me or was I just thinking of a Minotuar/Pony crossover just there?

So once again you're trying to so If a G1 character could be on MLP FIM. This wouldn't work in my opinion. And the staff that makes the show wants to create new villains instead of looking back.

The whole point of G5 is rebooting the series, not reliving.

That would be like taking the current Joker from the The Dark Knight and swapping brains with his 1930's counterpart to make him a more comedic character when the whole point of the new Batman trilogy was to REBOOT the series. It wouldn't have made any sense lol. Can you imagine how much TDK would have sucked if they resorted to the Adam West comedic styles? (Looking at YOU, Joel Schumacher!)

I'd say to keep the current villains, as they fit into the atmosphere a hell of a lot better.

Wait are they even allowed to use the G1 characters at all? I mean they couldn't use previous names from G3 and what not.

Anyways, I don't think they should put him in..

Mainly because I don't like how he looks.

(edited)

I know you fans don't want most of the characters from the G1. Oh wait! Is Spike the Baby Dragon is still in the FiM Tv Series? Spike, whose from the G1? And did he appear from the tv special or starting out as a toy, first? And also, Spike is a different G4 version then the G1 version. He may not be the favorite among fans like you, but, he's a good character, and getting along with Twilight as a family member and did he ever ruin the show? Please, tell me if he did or not.

You see, if the most of the charcters came back from the G1, doesn't mean they'll be the same. If Tirek appears back from the G1, I'm sure he'll be more different then the old version. Also, don't forgot Applejack! She's also more different then the G1 version.

UPDATE: I put another new answer in the poll. In case, most of you fans want him to be different then the G1 version.

Edited by Robthe1st

I don't know. As long as they didn't make it feel forced, like they were trying to get him in for the sake of making homage to the G1 or something. We have minotaurs, so why not centaurs?

This reminds me of a discussion I was having with some people a while back about how "girly" some of the old MLP stuff really was. In one series/movie there was some kind of demon lord (maybe this dude) turning ponies into monsters or something like that and was ultimately killed by the protagonist, and I think in another one there was some bad guy that broke out of a prison and the guards went on a rampage to capture him. I could be remembering things a bit wrong but that was the gist of it. Doesn't sound to me like My Little Pony was ever for little girls, despite appearances. Those sound like things I would watch.

• Brohoof 1

I'll basically give the same preference I gave to a topic that asked if the seaponies should make an appearance in the show.

post-4006-0-36866600-1349239338_thumb.png

I have little to no interest in seeing them rehash old things from the older generations. They took some names, basic character designs and other minor aspects from the old generations for some of the pony characters, and that makes sense as a starting base. But now, they've gotten into the show two full seasons, and they've established this entire FiM world that they can work with; the people working on this show are clearly imaginative and creative enough on their own, I'd rather see them continue to come up with their own new content, rather than looking to the older generations, being lazy, and just trying to incorporate them into the show's future.

• Brohoof 3

Erm...no, not really. I wouldn't want to see him. Or anything from the previous generations. Slight inspiration maybe, but not outright taking a character from an older generation and just putting him in now, even if they did update his look or something.

• Brohoof 1

I agree with the general people here, it's not really a good idea to dabble back into the old series so much as to rip a villain right out instead of making a new one (if the need arises for another villain anyway).

It also appears that he looks more like a stereotypical evil-ruler tyrant character more than a one time, get defeated, run away and never be seen again type character. There can be so many more interesting looking and acting characters than him that could take his place :c

• 4 months later...

Wow... I haven't been here since four months ago! What happen here?....

Anyway, I still think Tirek should appear on the FiM series. But, only as a movie special. And he'll be different then the old version. And he'll died in the end. That's my story version.

BTW, I'm still trying to write a FiM movie fan script. Until it's done, I'll send you guys of my fan script and to read your reaction.

Edited by Robthe1st

Hell yeah him and Grogar definitely I am not saying make them completely the same but those guys and King Sombra are the most evil vicious and cruel villains introduced into the franchise as a whole.

Hey Floris, that artwork you (if it's from you or not) made is not bad... not bad at all!! ;)  I like it a lot! Good work. Quiestion, would you fans be shocked if Queen Chrysalis in a relationship with Tirek? Well, it's in my movie version :lol:

Edited by Robthe1st

Hey Floris, that artwork you (if it's from you or not) made is not bad... not bad at all!! ;)  I like it a lot! Good work. Quiestion, would you fans be shocked if Queen Chrysalis in a relationship with Tirek? Well, it's in my movie version :lol:

To be honest, I don't think Chrysalis is in a position to be in a relationship with anyone, what with the fact that Changlings om nom on emotion. It would be as much as a relationship as her one with Shining armour was e.g. not a relationship at all. However, maybe if she needed him to do something for her (is he some kind of king or something?), then I could see it happening.

As for him coming back, I don't think its likely or wanted. He seems to lack any interesting character. He also doesn't seem very threatening or powerful either, maybe for G1, but in FiM he would be better off as cannon fodder.

Edited by Spess

Personally I don't care for transferring villain from other generations, I feel like i think he should just stay in G1. Keep things separate. Besides I feel like a new villain would be more interesting anyways.

Wait, wasnt it mentioned a while back that they were going to include more mythological things? Perhaps this could be it?

That is a big fat perhaps, there isnt alot to support it

I'm more interested in seeing something like the Smooze released in a two part episode. Lovecraftian shoggoths work well in children's TV shows, right?

EDIT: WAIT how about instead of calling it the Smooze we call it GAK! That would be fucking terrifying.

Edited by DashForever
Replying to hidden content