Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should he appear in FiM?

Robthe1st

This Tirek Character...  

76 users have voted

1. 1. Should this character Tirek appears in FiM?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure / Don't know who he is
    • Sure, if he's more different then the G1 version

I think that it's a pretty big "maybe" if he should or should not appear.  I love G1, and can see that it (and the other MLPs) had a lot of influance on FIM (I personally view FIM as the combination of all past gens with it's own flaire). Tirek even being from an episode that I actually liked better than FIM.   However, there is a chance that an FIM Tirek might be better suited to fanfiction providing it can do him justice.  I'm all for crossing over generations as long as it makes sense, and doesn't out right attempt to make the one gen look bad (like those YouTube videos of the FIM cast reacting badly to their pre-FIM selves.

The whole point of G5 is rebooting the series, not reliving.

That would be like taking the current Joker from the The Dark Knight and swapping brains with his 1930's counterpart to make him a more comedic character when the whole point of the new Batman trilogy was to REBOOT the series. It wouldn't have made any sense lol. Can you imagine how much TDK would have sucked if they resorted to the Adam West comedic styles? (Looking at YOU, Joel Schumacher!)

I'd say to keep the current villains, as they fit into the atmosphere a hell of a lot better.

You do realize that Tirek was only in one episode, and that we've already seen G1 characters in the show, right?  Some of the Mane 6 had G1 counterparts.  So it really isn't that out of line to have a villain like Tirek in the show.

The main question would be, how to use him in the context of the show.  I have a few ideas, so I figure'd I'd share them.

First, his design would be updated to look closer to the G4 designs.  That means he would be a flash character like everyone else. 

Second, I'd drop the whole 'Rainbow of Darkness' thing in favor of a closer antithesis to the Elements of Harmony.  After all, it would make more sense for it to be called something along the lines of the Dark Harmony, a weapon that sounds like it could legitimately be used on the Elements of Harmony.

Third, I'd probably give him a staff of some sort.  No real reason, I just think it'd look cool on him.

Finally, if you're gonna use Tirek, he's gotta be voiced by Jim Cummings.  Just listen to his awesome Robotnik voice, and you'll understand why I say this.

I know I posted this video in a previous topic, but it really illustrates why this guy would be perfect for the role.  Just imagine Tirek sounding like that.

As for him coming back, I don't think its likely or wanted. He seems to lack any interesting character. He also doesn't seem very threatening or powerful either, maybe for G1, but in FiM he would be better off as cannon fodder.

You underestimate his power. Like Nightmare Moon, the guy almost brought on everlasting night, Not to mention that along with Sombra he might just be one of the most outright *intimidating* villains in MLP, threatening to *decapitate Spike* and outright kidnapping four ponies and turning them into dragons so they could pull his chariot of Midnight.

Not a very interesting character, but still pretty scary and powerful.

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind the idea of using characters from G1 as long as they fit in well with the new ideas and they are redone.

I really didn't like the idea of Discord or how he looked at first because he "just didn't fit" and was too unusual, well, I would have been very wrong in not giving him a chance.

I welcome him.

If anyone can switch him up enough to fit into MLP:FiM its the current team at the helm right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is changed in such a way that nothing but name and perhaps some of the look is all that remains.

Just look at Spike they did a pretty good job changing him up from his original roots.

Finally, if you're gonna use Tirek, he's gotta be voiced by Jim Cummings. Just listen to his awesome Robotnik voice, and you'll understand why I say this.

Well, to me, I was hoping it be played by the original voice over of Tirek name Victor Caroli. He's still alive, check out the interview:

I like you idea of making an old character return but I think instead of him a inspiration of him so there is a non pony based villain!

Thanks. And I do have a great idea to redesign him. He'll kind of be the same centaur, and he'll still has bull-like horns. And he'll be more scarier on his true look. But he'll had to wear a mask and you'll be shocked of what he really look like when he took off his mask... :blink:

Also, I'm trying hard to write this fan fiction movie script. To like remake a G1 pilot... any songwriters out there? I can't seem to find one <_< ....

Also, any good artists out there, too?

Edited by Robthe1st

• 1 year later...

Since it appears this question has been answered, the discussion is no longer valid. As such, most posts from this point on will be off topic or pointless. Thread locked.

• Brohoof 1