Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Conspiracy Theories

duidamasterXD

Hey all, in the other fandom I'm involved in, the Game of Thrones fandom, some of us have had fun throwing out crackpot theories about the books and I thought it could be fun for us to do the same! As long as it could make sense to someone who hasn't left their basement in 10 years or has a 1% possibility of being true it's fair game!

Here are mine

1: Using the elements of harmony has a negative effect on the mental health of those who use them.

Since 4 of the 8 known users have had mental breakdowns of some sort (and Dash and Rarity have issues of their own) I was wondering whether there could be an unfortunate side effect to the elements.

2: The Gala has a hidden underlying purpose, it is boring and orderly because that is how Equestria is supposed to be. It serves as a metaphor for Equestrian society, and by trashing it and introducing chaos to an event that had never seen it before the Mane 6 unwittingly broke the magic of the Gala, greatly weakening the seal on Discord. It's no coincidence that he escaped the next episode!

For the record, I don't really believe in either of these, they're just fun thoughts I had.

I'm curious to see what you can come up with! I hope I'm not the craziest person on these forums!

• Brohoof 7

• Luna didn't actually go to the moon. It was a hoax set up by the princesses just to make them appear more powerful than they really were. Celestia paid Luna to keep an invisibility spell on herself for a thousand years until she would pretend to be beaten by the Mane Six.
  • The tortoise was the one that caused the avalanche in Find A Pet. He just wanted Rainbow Dash to be trapped so that he could rescue her and earn her love.
  • The Sonic Rainboom doesn't exist. It's just a light show put on by the Cloudsdale government to popularize the city's flying competitions and Rainbow Dash.
  • The Ursa Minor doesn't exist. Twilight made a fake one with her magic so that she could run Trixie out of town and make herself look good.

That's all I can think of so far. I wish this had more replies, it's a nice topic. I will probably edit more onto this if I get any more ideas.

Edited by Jverne
  • Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie knows that she is in a TV-show. She broke the 4th wall once and looked outside, but what she saw was too terrible for her wanting to remember about it.

Seriously though, this is a plausible one

Using the elements of harmony has a negative effect on the mental health of those who use them. Since 4 of the 8 known users have had mental breakdowns of some sort (and Dash and Rarity have issues of their own) I was wondering whether there could be an unfortunate side effect to the elements.

• Brohoof 1

- Pinkie is a multiverse spanning entity born as a result of a fragment of Discord living on after his first defeat.

- The Apple family grows a dwarf cultivar of red pears.

- Princess Celestia is actually a shape shifting space fungus from planet Gremulox sent to assimilate all ponies under the ruse of friendship, so that she may planet her spores in her subjects, running them into brainless meal for her nasty, twitching parasitic mushroom spawn.

- Appaloosa and Dodge Junction are the same settlement.

- The Canterlot changeling attack was a false flag issued by Celestia so she can gain support to invade the Crystal Empire for oil.

- Bon Bon keeps getting killed off camera and is being replaced by another Bon Bon.

- Derpy took some decongestant and her new voice was just her talking with clear sinuses.

• Brohoof 1

Friendship is used as an indoctrination tool to keep Celestia in power and to maintain public order. Dissidents are exiled to the Everfree Forest or beyond, where they will inevitably succumb to starvation, thirst, predation, or insanity. When an insurrection occurred a thousand years in the past, its leader disappeared. It turns out that this leader was none other than Her Highness' own sister, whose very existence was destroyed and remade into that of a terrifying monster. Numerous rumors asserted that the sister, now called "Nightmare Moon," was incarcerated in a maximum security facility on the moon.

Furthermore, magic is not magic, but technology. The Alicorn master race's powers and immortality arise not from biological or magical superiority, but from advanced technology that originated from the democratic world beyond Equestria's borders. The sun/moon-raising does not actually take place; instead, it is a means of propaganda to further strengthen Celestia's cult of personality.

EDIT: And let's not forget our dear "friend" Twilight Sparkle. Rainbow Dash's suspicions were right--Twilight is a spy. She is an agent sent to report on Ponyville's activities under the guise of researching the most important virtue in Equestrian society: friendship. She and her assistant, Spike, report to the government using code, which is why the writing is completely unintelligible to any pony or human reading it.

It's 4AM and I can't be bothered to write any more. So here's a picture that you're all familiar with:

Posted Image

Edited by Aquila
  • Brohoof 4

There are two main theories as to how Spike consumes gemstones:

-Gemstones are actually organic lifeforms that resemble crystalline fungi.

-Dragons have significantly different body chemistry, and are omnivorous lithivores, which is how Spike digests aluminides, and can get drunk off of carbohydrates like sugar or fat.

Edited by Blue

Derpy is a time traveler that has set in motion all the events we see in the show due to her messing (and been seen still as an adult) with the space time continuum during flashbacks of the mane six's childhood.

Edited by Rush

• 1 year later...

Heres my theory

None of these consperiacy theories are real, especially the one that says the characters are based off girls who died in 1989 and 2004. The show is simply a happy show about ponies learning the magic of friendship, there is no bull evil dark theories, if you believe them, let me tell you that they are all lies by people who have no lives and lots of time on their hands. Don't believe what you hear on the internet, 90% of the internet is lies, this is not

• Brohoof 1

Heres my theory

None of these consperiacy theories are real, especially the one that says the characters are based off girls who died in 1989 and 2004. The show is simply a happy show about ponies learning the magic of friendship, there is no bull evil dark theories, if you believe them, let me tell you that they are all lies by people who have no lives and lots of time on their hands. Don't believe what you hear on the internet, 90% of the internet is lies, this is not

Come on, dude.

We're just having fun.

I believe the show takes place after an apocalypse (I'll explain if asked, but it makes sense)

• Brohoof 2

As long as its not about death and depressing and will possibly ruin the show making me not a brony anymore.

Come on, dude.

We're just having fun.

I believe the show takes place after an apocalypse (I'll explain if asked, but it makes sense)

I am a pretty big conspiracy theorist.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of these turned out to be true.

Well, basically, pony society advances like us until the year 2000, when Discord is awakened by all of the, well, discord in the world. He bucks everything over and the survivors (plentiful compared to most apocalyptic stories) have to rebuild society, yadda yadda yadda. Their former land was ruined, so they moved north. Discord had played with their trust, so these survivors split off into many tribes, and lived this way, surviving (and partially thriving) until 2100, when Discord struck down again. His power was not as strong, but he did damage much. The ponies knew they needed to unite, but they were only able to unite by race (for a while.) AROUND 2125, the events in Hearts and Hooves Day happen. The races united and moved south to found Equestria, as to Hearts and Hooves Day. With all 3 races united, the 2 Sisters were born (I wonder who.) They grew up, and around 2150, defeated Discord. Cities were raised, such as Ponyville, and the grand castle in Canterlot was constructed. It was a time of enlightenment, and reconstruction. Luna and Celestia were immortalized. However, nobody was in a hurry anymore. Nobody needed the night. Nightmare Moon, yadda yadda yadda, around 2175-2200, so on, so forth. and one THOUSAND years later, the events of the show start. Wow. (like srsly, this is 1041 characters)

the Mane 6 unwittingly broke the magic of the Gala, greatly weakening the seal on Discord
Not related to the topic because I'm not the biggest when it comes to conspiracies, but I have a story in my head that does something very similar to this one. (In which case the gods of a world intentionally keep the world in chaos ot strengthen a seal around a goddess of Law who, when freed, tries to destroy the unlawful world)

Berry Punch is actually a changeling who was tasked with infiltrating Pony society for planning of the upcoming invasion. During the Luna Eclipsed episode Her co-conspirator and changeling partner was suffering from an ailment that kept shifting her into different forms. To hide this he stole the cloak Rarity intended to use for her costume. This is why we don't see Rarity that episode, she was frantically looking for the missing cloak.

During this theft the unnamed changeling realized that she was no longer an asset to the invasion, and disguised, went to tell Berry Punch she was leaving her alone in Ponyville to carry on with the recon. Unfortunately, the Changeling Queen was unhappy with this decision and Berry's friend was found to be a traitor and was summarily imprisoned by Queen Chrysalis. This angered Berry Punch who worked behind the scenes to help the Mane Six fight her brood during Canterlot Wedding. The invasion was a not a success BECAUSE of Berry Punch. 

Don't believe me, here is the moment her partner says he must leave. 

DOfdBZx.jpg?1

princess luna is still evil and masqueraded as queen chrysalis in an attempt to take over canterlot, but failed. which is why she is seen only at the wedding reception and not during the whole battle.

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

Equestria is actually a future version of our world. The earth core is a mix of lava and magic. In Year 4.000, it explodes, but not destroying earth, only change the whole live on it. This caused to a complete disaster, and the humans who survived are suddenly colored ponies. Without past memories, they start to learn different, slowly well known ponies as Starswirl, Celestia and Luna get born and the rest is history, once already foreseen by Lauren Faust and Hasbro ...

sounds like a Fan Fic XD

• Brohoof 1

Well, basically, pony society advances like us until the year 2000, when Discord is awakened by all of the, well, discord in the world. He bucks everything over and the survivors (plentiful compared to most apocalyptic stories) have to rebuild society, yadda yadda yadda. Their former land was ruined, so they moved north. Discord had played with their trust, so these survivors split off into many tribes, and lived this way, surviving (and partially thriving) until 2100, when Discord struck down again. His power was not as strong, but he did damage much. The ponies knew they needed to unite, but they were only able to unite by race (for a while.) AROUND 2125, the events in Hearts and Hooves Day happen. The races united and moved south to found Equestria, as to Hearts and Hooves Day. With all 3 races united, the 2 Sisters were born (I wonder who.) They grew up, and around 2150, defeated Discord. Cities were raised, such as Ponyville, and the grand castle in Canterlot was constructed. It was a time of enlightenment, and reconstruction. Luna and Celestia were immortalized. However, nobody was in a hurry anymore. Nobody needed the night. Nightmare Moon, yadda yadda yadda, around 2175-2200, so on, so forth. and one THOUSAND years later, the events of the show start. Wow. (like srsly, this is 1041 characters)

I think this is more plausible as an a apocalypse story.

A bit.

"A Canterlot Wedding" and "The Crystal Empire" are political allegory justifying America's intervention in the Middle East. The Changelings are terrorists, King Sombra is a dictator who allegedly supports terrorism, and the Crystal Empire represents a nondescript energy-rich nation, and who would save their asses but the most powerful nation in the world?

• Brohoof 1