Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Silverwisp's humanized Art (now with all the Mane Six, taking suggestions)

Silverwisp the Bard

EQG style stuff starts on page two.

This thread will be home to my humanized pony sketches, mostly for my (very WIP) fanfiction. Some of them still need names (submit here to win an art request Posted Image)

First off, some old stuff:

Ciern (Spike):
post-3492-0-68930100-1351811353_thumb.jpg

Hanna (Aplejack):
post-3492-0-39139300-1351811390_thumb.jpg

Twilight:
post-3492-0-64247900-1351811377_thumb.jpg

Raine (Rainbow Dash):
post-3492-0-38175200-1353273144_thumb.jpg

Roana (Spitfire) and yet to be-named Soarin:
post-3492-0-50381700-1351811457_thumb.jpg

Luna and Nightguard:
post-3492-0-63260600-1351811486_thumb.jpg

As always eager for questions/criticism/suggestions. Posted Image

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 9

I think the drawings that best fit their characters were Twi and Spike. In my opinion, Rainbow could use a little less eyeliner, and AJ doesn't need much armor considering she's already tough as nails. I hope I am not hurting your feelings, I know I could definitely not do any better myself. But you did say you were eager for constructive criticism.

I hope I am not hurting your feelings,...

Hah, you have no idea how refreshing it is to actually receive some criticism :lol: Have an avatar:

post-3492-0-27558300-1351814063_thumb.jpg

If you like it that is

Concerning your points:

-Rainbow's warpaint is supposed to show her connection with "Gilda".

- I think AJ would have the sense to put some armor on, considering she lacks a shield

post-3492-0-27558300-1351814063_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Well now that you mention it, I can definitely see a reason for Rainbow's paint and the Armor on AJ. I guess that it really is great. I also really like how you drew Twi in her (SuperSaiyan?) form. I forgot to mention that. Oh and one more thing..

HOLY HOT HOOVES ITS THE AVATAR OF MY DREAMS!!!!!!

:D

THANK YOU SO MUCH

• 4 weeks later...

Next up is Lilian (Fluttershy):
post-3492-0-54456900-1353192071_thumb.jpg
This one gave me quite some trouble, both the hair and whether I should give her armor or not. In the end I decided against it, so just some durable leather for keeping warm and a staff to knock some sense into people and critters (see bottom left corner).

Finishing up the Mane Six we have Mina (Pinkie Pie):
post-3492-0-19476700-1353272749_thumb.jpg

And the Lady Isabella (Rarity):
post-3492-0-44168300-1353272736_thumb.jpg
Tried to go for the whole "be the viper underneath" thingie (*holds up hand* anyone?)
I really do not like how this one turned out, though I'm not really sure why Posted Image
I'd really appreciate some input on that.

Also, we've got Celestia and a Dayguard:

post-3492-0-67257500-1354115732_thumb.jpg

The armor would be golden, the cloth white with blue trimmings.

Tried to give the captain's helm wings first, but it ended up far too Teutonic looking.

Also, feel free to suggest other (canon) characters to be humanized.

• Brohoof 2

My favorite is definitely Celestia and the Dayguard.  I absolutely love what you did with her helm!  I like how when she wears it you can't really see her face.

All these drawings have amazing detail to them.  Are you using any sort of refs for the armor?  I wish I could come up with such intricate designs. 

And considering all the details of the other ponies, Fluttershy seems to be pretty plain in comparison. Although, I know it can be difficult to dress up robes.

My favorite is definitely Celestia and the Dayguard.  I absolutely love what you did with her helm!  I like how when she wears it you can't really see her face.

All these drawings have amazing detail to them.  Are you using any sort of refs for the armor?  I wish I could come up with such intricate designs. 

And considering all the details of the other ponies, Fluttershy seems to be pretty plain in comparison. Although, I know it can be difficult to dress up robes.

Celestia's armor is pretty much a GW High Elf armor with some additional bits on the helmet. For Luna I borrowed a bit from GW's Vampire line in terms of the helmet (I imagine Luna would be one to crank up the intimidation factor).

Apart from that it's mostly my own ideas. As for Fluttershy, I tried to keep her clothes simple and functional since she would probably spend most of her time in the wild and I can't really imagine her putting on armor or taking up a blade. She might talk some wolves into eating someone though.

Celestia's armor is pretty much a GW High Elf armor with some additional bits on the helmet. For Luna I borrowed a bit from GW's Vampire line in terms of the helmet (I imagine Luna would be one to crank up the intimidation factor).

Apart from that it's mostly my own ideas. As for Fluttershy, I tried to keep her clothes simple and functional since she would probably spend most of her time in the wild and I can't really imagine her putting on armor or taking up a blade. She might talk some wolves into eating someone though.

I'm horrible with accronyms.  When you say GW do you mean Guild Wars...?  Sorry, that's the only thing I could think of when I see that! 

Yeah, I couldn't see her wearing armor either.  Maybe just her robes just need some embroidery on it?  Like little flowers or something.  Your detail work is just so amazing that when compared to all the other she just seems lacking a little bit.

Oh, I would love to see a humanized Big Mac!  I bet you can give him a really awesome armor set :D

embroidment

I'm horrible with accronyms.  When you say GW do you mean Guild Wars...?  Sorry, that's the only thing I could think of when I see that! 

Yeah, I couldn't see her wearing armor either.  Maybe just her robes just need some embroidery on it?  Like little flowers or something.  Your detail work is just so amazing that when compared to all the other she just seems lacking a little bit.

Oh, I would love to see a humanized Big Mac!  I bet you can give him a really awesome armor set :D

GW stands Games Workshop, a tabletop wargaming company. There's plenty of concept art around the net.

Like I said, I tried to keep her simple. I like the idea of flower embroidment though, I think I might do another set of the Mane six in formal attire (and Rarity in armor).

Also, yeah, Big Mac is coming.

embroidment

GW stands Games Workshop, a tabletop wargaming company. There's plenty of concept art around the net.

Like I said, I tried to keep her simple. I like the idea of flower embroidment though, I think I might do another set of the Mane six in formal attire (and Rarity in armor).

Also, yeah, Big Mac is coming.

Ah ok.  Yeah I'm so terrible with acronyms.  They can stand for so many different things these days.

That would be really awesome to see!  I would also love to see these colored.  They're some of the best "humanized" ponies I've seen.  I'm so tired of seeing Applejack in a red plaid top.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR BIG MAC.  :D

I would also love to see these colored.

That would probably be a really good way to improve my tablet skills. Now I just gonna defeat my laziness...

I CANNOT WAIT FOR BIG MAC. 

Well, I sure do hope you like dem Apples then:

post-3492-0-52105000-1354289565_thumb.jpg

Left to right: Hannah, Big Markus, Marie

Thought about giving him a chestplate like Hannah (only less chesty), but due to its size it just looked plain (and the Apples don't seem the folks for highly ornate armor). As for a weapon I had several ideas (two longaxes, a really big hammer, a cart axle with iron rings around the business end), but none really clicked for me. So I decided to just rip off pay homage to something I enjoy and simply gave him steel gauntlets. (There's a totally rad story about a viking who went to battle bare-handed because he was so strong, that all weapons he used would snap after a couple of blows)

I also enjoyed drawing Marie immensely, so Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo are probably the next to get the procedure.

post-3492-0-52105000-1354289565_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

That is so awesome!  I love the wolf around his neck.  Reminds me of the Starks from Game of Thrones.  (My favorite house, btw!)  I love how the armor has an asian influence to it.  Kind of reminds me of a cross between a viking and a samurai.  Granted, I'm not the best when it comes to armor, but that's just what I think of first.

Would love to see Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle!  Also, I think Shining Armor would be really awesome in this style.  :) 

(edited)

One would have hought, all that drawing ponies would improve my skill at drawing halfway realistic pony anatomy sad.png

post-3492-0-40866200-1354570866_thumb.jpg

Decided to give Kiki (Scootaloo) a bow for hunting pheasants and whatnot.

Giving Marie a sling makes sense to me for scaring off wolves while herding sheep.

Vivian (Sweetie Belle) just gets a guitar though, since I really couldn't see her hurting anything.

Still need a name for the pony though...

That is so awesome!  I love the wolf around his neck.  Reminds me of the Starks from Game of Thrones.  (My favorite house, btw!)  I love how the armor has an asian influence to it.  Kind of reminds me of a cross between a viking and a samurai.  Granted, I'm not the best when it comes to armor, but that's just what I think of first.

I'm more of a Greyjoy fan myself (mostly because they're vikings and have the coolest motto of all the houses).

Always nice to meet a fellow fan. Have you read the books (just so I don't spoil it for you)? And yes I tried to go for a bit of northern feel for the Apples (long coats, fur and mail as opposed to scales).

And now that you mention it, the plates do make the armor look a tad eastern. Come to think of it, a lot of the armorsets on the show do too, especially the Lannisters'.

Anyway, Shining is coming, as soon as I can figure out what to do with his helmet (the stiff horsehair crest kinda clashes with the armor I have in mind).

• Brohoof 1

One would have hought, all that drawing ponies would improve my skill at drawing halfway realistic pony anatomy sad.png

attachicon.gifSCAN0152.JPG

Decided to give Kiki (Scootaloo) a bow for hunting pheasants and whatnot.

Giving Marie a sling makes sense to me for scaring off wolves while herding sheep.

Vivian (Sweetie Belle) just gets a guitar though, since I really couldn't see her hurting anything.

Still need a name for the pony though...

I'm more of a Greyjoy fan myself (mostly because they're vikings and have the coolest motto of all the houses).

Always nice to meet a fellow fan. Have you read the books (just so I don't spoil it for you)? And yes I tried to go for a bit of northern feel for the Apples (long coats, fur and mail as opposed to scales).

And now that you mention it, the plates do make the armor look a tad eastern. Come to think of it, a lot of the armorsets on the show do too, especially the Lannisters'.

Anyway, Shining is coming, as soon as I can figure out what to do with his helmet (the stiff horsehair crest kinda clashes with the armor I have in mind).

You'll call me one of the wannabe fans because I definitely just read the first book, lol.  I need to sit down and read the others, but I'm just so terrible when it comes to reading... I don't know why.  I try really really hard to just sit down and read and finish reading, but I think I have a form of adult ADD and I just can't sit and read for too long.  And it doesn't even matter how much I get into the book!  Or maybe I need glasses... I dunno.

Yeah, I definitely enjoy the norther feel for the Apples.  Do you have any plans to do anything with all these characters?  Are you writing stories for them or a comic?  It would be really neat to read an AU with them.  More importantly, I would love to see a graphic novel with them.

The stiff horse hair crest always shouts Roman to me, so if you're not trying to go Roman, good luck. 

(edited)

You'll call me one of the wannabe fans because I definitely just read the first book, lol.

Only, if you're one of the people shipping Rhaegar Tagaryan with Lyanna Starkhuh.png .

But no, reading absurdly long books is definitely not for everyone and the show does do a very fine job of bringing the story across (my only grievance is that they dropped the elvish look for the white walkers). That and the casting is just about perfect.

Yeah, I definitely enjoy the norther feel for the Apples.  Do you have any plans to do anything with all these characters?  Are you writing stories for them or a comic?  It would be really neat to read an AU with them.  More importantly, I would love to see a graphic novel with them.

Link is in the first post, would love to hear your opinion on it. Also, what exactly does AU mean? And a graphic novel is not likely to happen, It took me a more than a month to draw up one 3 minute PMV.

Only, if you're one of the people shipping Rhaegar Tagaryan with Lyanna Starkhuh.png .

But no, reading absurdly long books is definitely not for everyone and the show does do a very fine job of bringing the story across (my only grievance is that they dropped the elvish look for the white walkers). That and the casting is just about perfect.

Link is in the first post, would love to hear your opinion on it. Also, what exactly does AU mean? And a graphic novel is not likely to happen, It took me a more than a month to draw up one 3 minute PMV.

Oh goodness no, I am not a shipper.  I am pretty much anti-shipping anybody and anything, lol.  But, that's just me.  Yeah, I really enjoyed the show.  I was thoroughly impressed with the detail they put in the wardrobes.  Honestly it was the best that I've ever seen in any sort of fantasy/medieval movie and/or show.

AU = Alternate Universe.

I will admit I'm not really into reading fanfiction, so I am a horrible judge on good or bad fanfiction.  I read a bit of what you have from the link and you have a very good writing style!  Other than that I don't feel well versed enough in the fanfiction world to make a real sound opinion.  But the concept is really good.  I would love to see illustrations from parts of the story! 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
 Yeah, I really enjoyed the show.  I was thoroughly impressed with the detail they put in the wardrobes.

Same here, I hope, that at some point we'll get a Lotr-style in-depth documentary on the creation of the series.

silverwisp, i always admire the amount of thought and detail you put into your pieces :)

id love to see them coloured; keep up the good work   :D

Thanks a bunch.

Also Sejanus (Shining Armor):

post-3492-0-21890000-1355085093_thumb.jpg

Originally meant to call him Tristan, but I decided I liked Sejanus better (sounds less prince-charming to me).

It took me forever to get the face right (jawlines are hard). Gave him what's essentially a more ornate guard armor, with the crest of House Brightstar (Sparkle). Also both Sun and Moon on the breastplate to symbolize that he serves both Celestia and Luna. The horsehair on his helmet went from stiff to soft, so it wouldn't look out of place on his late-medieval armor.

For his heraldry tried to combine the six-pointed star and Candence's crystal heart (not quite satisfied with the outcome though, I'll have to give it some more thought).

Next up is Vispillia (Gilda)

post-3492-0-66315700-1355440902_thumb.jpg

Like Rainbow, Gilda gets a gladiator theme. Decided to make her a bit taller and slightly heavier armored.

For her weapon she gets the most impractical thing I could come up with some sickles to swing at people with little regard to allies (top left corner).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

how about discord, queen chrysalis, and king sombra?

Well here's a start:

post-3492-0-95833100-1357510390_thumb.jpg

Decided to ditch the vermin on his coat, since it looked out of place. Also no horn on the circlet, since it made him look like that Rhino guy from Spider Man.

I tried Discord a couple of times, but he doesn't seem to work as a human for me. Also working on Chrysalis and the changelings, but I still have to figure out whether to make them really pale or dark skinned.

Shoot man, these are all really quite good. Do you have a deviantart account? I'd love to watch you for more.

I have to say my favorites are Applejack and the CMC. These all have an incredible amount of detail too, and the ideas behind all of them are pretty nice too.

As far as criticism goes I really can't help since I don't dabble in humanity, but I would love to see you continuing this. You definently know your anatomy and how clothing/armor fits to the human body.

(edited)

Shoot man, these are all really quite good. Do you have a deviantart account? I'd love to watch you for more.

I have to say my favorites are Applejack and the CMC. These all have an incredible amount of detail too, and the ideas behind all of them are pretty nice too.

As far as criticism goes I really can't help since I don't dabble in humanity, but I would love to see you continuing this. You definently know your anatomy and how clothing/armor fits to the human body.

Yeah, but there is only horrendous Naruto fanart from 5 years back on there...MLP actually got me back to drawing after my manga fallout :) .

Anyway, here we got another pic of Kiki, this time with some armor (I'd imagine Raine would allow her to shoot some arrows from some safe, fortified position):

post-3492-0-45534400-1357611763_thumb.jpg

And Lena (Bonbon), fieldcook in the royal Equestrian army and Willow (Lyra), wandering bard and composer of lewd songs.:

post-3492-0-67023900-1357688010_thumb.jpg

Edit: see post below.

• Brohoof 1

These turned out really awesome. Lyra, Scootaloo, and Fluttershy are definitely my favorite ones out of this bunch. These are probably the favorite humanizations of ponies that I've ever seen. They're represented well, and I love the fantasy based theme.

If I can make a suggestion, can you do, in the same style, Fluttershy?

P.S. I always saw Fluttershy as ether a medic, or a double-bladed battle axe kind of gal.