Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why such hate?

PonyEcho

I notice this a lot with both Rarity and Applejack. People don't like Applejack because she's the most generic character in the Mane 6. People don't like Rarity because she's annoying or whatever.

I really don't think it's a big enough deal to hate on the ponies that aren't your favorite...

I don't honestly see how you could hate one of the characters, but I'll respect if some people do. People just like some characters, and some people dislike those characters.

I agree. I just don't get why some people go THAT far just to hate on a cartoon character. Quite sad, if you ask me. As much as I love ponies, I don't go ranting on who's bets pony or whatever. I might state my favorites, and might havepics or avatars of them, but I don't really 'hate' a character to the point where I'd waste precious time just ranting about my hate for a cartoon.

I love MLP, and I admit, my favorites of the mane six are Pinkie and Twilight. But do I hate the others? No. I might think that some characters are less appealing than others, but that's about as far as I go. It's just stupid how people make such a big deal on who's best pony. Jeez. Just watch the darn show. No need to hate on others for their favorites. I love ponies, and that's all I need to say. If someone hates you for liking a certain pony, then screw them.

i personally dont hate any of the ponies in this show. at times some of the ponies might do something stupid or that i dont like.

but there is someone i hate whos not a pony.... discord.

me hate him, hes evil and he made the mane 6 the opposite of them and i didnt like that.

:(

Everyone has preferences. There are certain colours, foods and ponies you're going to like and dislike. I know I like to make a stab at Rainbowdash a lot, and even though I think she's worst pony (with no redeeming qualities what-so-ever), I overplay the hatred for a joke.
  • Brohoof 1

Everyone has preferences. There are certain colours, foods and ponies you're going to like and dislike. I know I like to make a stab at Rainbowdash a lot, and even though I think she's worst pony (with no redeeming qualities what-so-ever), I overplay the hatred for a joke.

You'd probably get along with a new friend of mine, then. He hates Rainbow Dash and likes Fluttershy and Rarity (mostly Fluttershy, though).

• Brohoof 1

While Diamond Tiara can get a bit irritating, I don't hate her. She was written to be, well basically, a spoiled grade-school drama queen who wants all eyes on her. And they do an amazing job at that!

Before I saw Pinkie Pie's backstory, I used to think she was annoying. Now she's one of my favorite characters!

I don't hate anypony, I just think that's too extreme.

I'd like to refute and say that there are things that can redeem RD in my eyes, if you ask me, but that would be going off topic, and that's bad.
  • Brohoof 2

That's why I do "strongly dislike" for characters on my least favorite list. The only character I really "hate" is Derpy Hooves.

Speaking of which, I see a lot of hate for Applejack lately because she lies "a lot". It's going a bit overboard to despise a character because of that in my opinion, but I don't let it bother me too much. They don't understand :3

• Brohoof 3

I don't get it either! I LOVE Diamond Tiara, and Big Mac hasn't done anything. :mellow: I've heard of people hating Fluttershy too, which is just... wow. :( People think that Pinkie Pie is annoying too! :blink: I love all the ponies! They're just too cute to hate!

• Brohoof 1

I know I like to make a stab at Rainbowdash a lot, and even though I think she's worst pony (with no redeeming qualities what-so-ever), I overplay the hatred for a joke.

I don't understand why you always say that Rainbow Dash has "no redeeming qualities whatsoever." Is being a loyal friend not a redeeming quality??? I mean I admit can she can be a bitch sometimes, but she's still loyal, which is a very redeeming quality in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

It's understandable why people hate characters like P. Blueblood, Diamond Tiara or Gilda....

but what about the mane6? I would lie if I say that I like them all, with their flaws and strenghts, because it's not true at all, I would be hypocritical. Sorry Rainbow Dash's fans out there for what I'm going to say, but she's the only character of the mane6 that I can't swallow.

I always have been lying to myself all this time saying that, ok Rainbow Dash is my least favorite of the mane6 but I at least I don't hate her, because I know that she's one of the most popular in the fandom and I feared rejection for not liking her, I wanted to fit in, or be accepted in the fandom, but after seeing her on the season premiere of season 3 I lost it, and I don't care what anyone else think, I dislike A LOT her character and I really want somepony to put her on her place.

I'll reserve my reasons of why I dislike her because I don't want to piss anypony off, but do I want to get her removed? it's not like it's going to ever happen, so no, will I watch her episodes? yes, why not? not liking her is not a reason why I shouldn't see her featured episodes. I'm very sorry, but it's a personal choice.

Edited by Motion Spark
  • Brohoof 1

why do Bronies have such a hatred for certain MLP characters?

it's rely something that baffles me how whenever i go for a stroll deep into the around the forums and other place I always see a post about hating and despising a pony.

I mean i can get why you would dislike a character like Gilda for screaming at Fluttershy but down right hate :S and i hear some vile things from people who hate Diamond Tiara (a pony that I like), and Big Mac WTF has he done in the show to piss bronies off.

same deal for members of the main six too, (mainly against RD, Rarity and now AppleJack) i mean i don't like the character of Rainbowdash but i still enjoy her scenes in the show.

I mean I rely don't understand hate for such meaningless things and i see none of this stuff in 4chan too :S

Well, I will say this, there are some characters that I cannot stand. Mainly Gilda and DT, I guess Trixie is somewhat tolerable. In their defense though they have done their job as antagonists. I shouldn’t like them, that isn’t there role in the plot. Of course though there are some exceptions like Discord and Chrysalis. In my mind it isn’t a bad thing to hate characters like DT and Gilda, to me, that just means they played their role in the show.

Edited by Flying Whales

Don't go on 4chan, man. Nothing good comes out of that crevice in the internet.

I don't necessarily hate any character in the show, but I guess many bronies just take it too far and act like they are affecting more than just fictional characters. I may dislike a character for their persona or looks, but I don't freak out over it and get annoyed at anything the do.

Because people will get mad and argue about the most pointless things.

Brony 1: I like Rainbow Dash

Brony 2: I like Fluttershy more

Brony 1: FUCK YOU

Brony 2: NO FUCK YOU

Brony 1 and 2: DSJANDASJDNSAHDNASHDNASDHBSADHBASJ

• Brohoof 1

LOL it is like Animal Farm all over again xD All ponies are equal some more than others :P I actually used to really dislike rarity because she is very hypocritical but over time I came to really like her (for some strange reason), but the way I see it the mane 6 if you put all their pro's and con's together you have yourself the basic emotions of a human and how we act in everyday life, anger, jealousy, envy, love, happy so on and so forth.

I like them all because they have their good sides and bad side, which in theory is what the original MLP shows lacked so I am fairly happy to say that it makes it them more believable :D

• Brohoof 1

OK i kind ventured around for research (i.e killing time though my bloody ban that was unfair and yes i am using this as an opportunity to vent at the mod for removing my post and banning me for 2 days while the argument and other back seat mod go un-warned)

any way iv'e learnt that i rely does go down to personal preference but it still dumb and i kind has an objective view for the scenes that character is in for example people harp on Applejack for lie to the crystal ponies about the heart, but she doesn't all she does is divert there attention, while RD was aggressive and Rarity was the one who lied, and its actual AJ's honest that foiled the plan because she said it on its way (which it was) but it wasn't there yet which got the crystal ponies to panic. also they don't seem to look at the idea as a whole.

If you want a non-heldback and in depth answer it's because no matter what everyone will have different opinions. If there is an opinion to be had, someone has it. Your big fuss over it only seems to come in when people disagree with your own personal opinions (I don't blame you for that because it's normal for people to not like being disagreed with) and really, I'd just kind of say you should just deal with it. There is really no magical way to make everyone agree or love everything or everyone.

Humans are creatures of opinions, and strong ones at that. That's about as much as there is to it.

Many times the collective hatred of a character increases beyond illogical reason due to how that character's fandom acts. Other than that people would just blow them off as "not as interesting." If you have some newcomer watch MLP they practically have no opinion on any the characters as evidence. Other than that the other explanation is that the character has a personality that the viewer just horrendously despise.