Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Teens react

Ezynell

For the most part, I spent the video like this.

Nothing out of the ordinary really, just a bunch of stock standard teenage kids being shown only the into to a show that the majority of society expects them to recoil in inordinate horror to. Most are required to watch at least one episode in order to gain an accurate and deep intuitive understanding of the show. I'm not upset by this video; It's the kind of reaction that one would expect from any unknowledgeable non-brony who is compelled to judge a book by its cover.

• Brohoof 8

mailmare beat you to it

Yeah this was up a day or two ago...

Like I said on the Bulletin Post, I like how we got two positive reactions, one disagreed but didn't hate, and one who may have a decent theory.

[My Little Detailed Analysis: Criticism is Magic]

Devin and Rumor had very typical positive reactions. I love Rumor's reaction since she acted exactly like my friend. She loved that there were guys who watch the show! Now Devin's reaction I loved, unfortunately he was the only good male reaction. Now from my guess I think Devin is gay (which is fine I'm bi) or at least they viewers will believe so. In which this will perpetuate the stereotype that Bronies are homosexuals. Now there are plenty of LGBT Bronies (like myself) and we welcome them with open arms, but the majority of the fanbase seems to be straight. If so then I do not wish for Bronies to be labeled as such so the straight Bronies won't get criticized as being gay.

In short I am saying that it would've been better for the overall Brony image if we had a straight convert in the video to show the other straight teens watching that being a Brony is a good and not "gay" thing!

I also like the reaction of Isaac since he, although doesn't quite agree with the concept, keeps an open mind at the end and says that Bronies should do their thing, just he doesn't happen to be one. I wish everyone who doesn't wish to be a Brony had this reaction. If you disagree, just let us be and we'll all get along!

Lastly, as for Adam's reaction, though unfavorable, he does bring up the point that there is trolls lurking in the Brony community. Now of course he's quick to label us all trolls, but there is a large part of the community that probably are trolls. When you look at a totally pony unrelated video you will see someone randomly post something about ponies, and thus the hatred that follows. Now I will disagree what with the haters have to say in context, but in purpose they seem to be karmatically neutral. The Troll posting ponies for absolutely no reason at all probably is a troll (or a Brony that really needs to learn where to post ponies) and deserves the flaming that ensues. These trolls will forever perpetuate that we are a bunch of extremist that do nothing but post ponies to annoy people!

As for the other reactions I am saddened by their intolerance. Then again, (I'm not familiar with the series) perhaps they selected a certain group of kids that would invoke a negative response. The kids selected seem to be the preppy wanna-be frat boys that I've always wanted to punch in the face on sight and the girls are those who follow the former no matter how badly they typically treat them. This type of teenager 9/10 times (or more, I rounded down) would typically have a very negative "Get a Life, Nerd!" response! They also seem to be unintelligent, "I'mma smack you with... uhhh... with... your little pony!" I'm sure Derpy Whooves could have a more intelligent response (no offense). "Get a girlfriend," not all of us are straight, a large number of us do have girlfriends, and some (like me) may believe in a non-traditional lifestyle when it comes to such things as relationships!

Finally, to close my rant here, I can tell that the creators of the video are stupid. "What if you had a boyfriend who said,'Sorry I can't go on a date tonight, My Little Pony is on!'?"

One, the correct response is, "Okay I'll join you!"

Secondly, I'd question that boyfriend as a human being. A person who would blow off his girlfriend like that for a tv show, EVEN My Little Pony is a horrible boyfriend. Why doesn't he just watch it later?

Third, My Little Pony is not on at night or at least not new episodes. They are (too) early in the morning. Hardly the time for a date. (not sure how the HUB deals with timezones so feel free to dispute if new episodes play late for you if at all, if so then see point two)!

The show has obviously not done it's research to tackle the subject aside from some very basic trivia. The only positive is that they show a range of reactions. Some very positive, some very intolerant!

• Brohoof 4

They should've been shown a portion of an episode. I think their reactions would have been very different if that were the case.

THIS TOO! From what we see the only bit of the show they watch is the theme song which is the girliest part. They don't let them get to know the characters or see the plot. If all I watched was the theme song I'd probably hate it too! But I delved deeper and became a Brony!

• Brohoof 1

I read the comments which need approving before posting so who knows what was really blocked!

But over all they are positive reactions which probably means that the haters acted like savages and all got blocked or the moderator of the comments is a Brony! :P

They probably picked the girliest thing they could find in the show, and went with that. I don't think only showing the intro gives a positive first impression for most non-bronies. They would immediately back away and think it's overly girly. Yes it is a girly show, but not to the extent that one may think if they only watch the intro. I hated it the first time I watched it, but now I love it because I know what the show has to offer. Imo I don't think it really gives a good representation of the show itself, and that's why they chose to use it.

• Brohoof 1

I gotta say they are just doing what anyone who has no right to judge something does: Looking at it, thinking they understand, and not trying to understand because they already think they know.

They didn't bother to watch the show, they aren't gonna try to see what it's about, they are just gonna go on hating because it has ponies. All I'm hearing is "It's got ponies, no male should like this" and that's the stupidest reason to hate on it. Ever. That's like saying Mario is only for kids.

What's worse is they are like "No, no male should be like this"

It's not "I don't care" or "I'll never be one" it's trying to tell guys what they should and shouldn't do. What's more is they try to say everyone who likes this and posts these pictures are trolls?

Some teenagers are so close-minded it's sickening.

If there's anything I can't abide, it's close-mindedness.

It sickens me to know that there are people of my age like that.

But alas, maybe if they see more they will change their ways.

My bro (Boogaloo on here) and I wastched it, I was laughing the whole time, but my bro was worried he will get made fun of If he was found out to like the show. He was also worried when the girls said they wouldn't date a brony. I found the haters to be funny

My bro (Boogaloo on here) and I wastched it, I was laughing the whole time, but my bro was worried he will get made fun of If he was found out to like the show. He was also worried when the girls said they wouldn't date a brony. I found the haters to be funny

thats too bad that he feels that way mind you I know how he feels, in my town if the othe 16 year olds found out I'm a brony I could actually get jumped :( but I look at it optimistically keeping secrets makes me feel like a ninja :ph34r: