Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do people react when you tell them you're a brony?

Sliding Bolt

Anypony have some stories on when you told someone that you're a brony? What did they say? How did they react?

For the 2 people that I’ve told there’s been a reaction and I’ve only told 1 of my more accepting friends another friend just found out. I guess I can chalk it up to myself. If you met me in real life and saw my bedroom, the only clue to being a brony is my computer home screen. 

Edited by Sliding Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

I've never referred to myself as a bring before! :P

In all seriousness, the only 2 people who know about it in my everyday life are my parents, and neither of them minded. I won't lie; I was seriously concerned about what they would think, but their reaction wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was dreading! :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

You might want to edit the title by clicking edit in your first post. Because I don't know what to "bring". 

Yeah I realized that...thanks

Edited by Sliding Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I don't make any secret of it, I don't really see the point.  If people are confused they can always talk to me about it and if they have an issue with it, their problem not mine.

• Brohoof 1

They say ok and proceed to tell me what fandom they're from if they're part of one. It's a lot calmer than what I think my reaction was.

Spoiler

Rest in peace Gunnery Seargent.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't really tell my mom, I just started buying pony merch and she just did her own research. She did confront me about being a Brony and asked me if I considered myself to be one. I said yes, and she didn't really make a big deal out of it. At that point half my room had been overtaken by ponies so it was kinda obvious that if she did have a problem with it, it was kinda too late to do anything about it ^_^

I told my cousin that I watched MLP and he asked me if he could call me a Brony, to which I replied "Yes"- overall I think pretty much everyone I've told from my family to my best friend have had pretty chill reactions, so that's good! :P

• Brohoof 1

I've got only one interesting part about everyone finding out that I'm a brony, and that's when I told my older bro. He just kinda looked at me and was like, "So am I." Tbh I didn't expect that from him.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, SkyDive said:

I've got only one interesting part about everyone finding out that I'm a brony, and that's when I told my older bro. He just kinda looked at me and was like, "So am I." Tbh I didn't expect that from him.

That's awesome! Do you guys watch the new episodes when they come out and buy each other new pony merch for holiday gifts and such? ^_^

They don't really. Not like I tell them, but I'm pretty sure I don't have to when I'm wearing my Rainbow Dash inspired Thundercats Tee, or my Celestia parody Ramones Tee or even my pin adorned MLP beanie. I've worn those a few times at work, and not a single buck was given. 

The last time any real reaction was years ago, when I had my Dashie lunch box. A co-worker asked if it was an MLP lunch box. I was probably eating and didn't say anything. So I just turned my MLP cup to face him. And he just said. "Due, you are rocking it man!" Or something to that effect. 

So yeah, the select few times anyone has asked, I'd say it went positively. 

I only tell people who I know wouldn’t react in a negative way. When I tell these people, they don’t have any problem with it. :) 

Heck, my mom even buys me the occasional MLP shirt/plush if she finds one! :D 

• Brohoof 3

Everyone I've met in my life that I've told that I'm a brony had neutral reactions. Some were like "Okay?... Why are you telling me this?" but usually nothing negative is said about it, except for a few exceptions and even those are really nothing too bad. It's always just the "weirded out" face. And I've become accustomed to that, but I would be lying if I say I don't fear the day if all hell breaks loose when I tell someone that. :lie: My best friend is fine with it, occasionally making fun of me but only playfully. My other friends are pretty split, some are somewhat okay with it and the rest are really good about it, and also somewhat mocks it but not as playfully. :D One friend gave me an RD pop vinyl, too! And my parents are completely fine with it, they're also sometimes a little supportive of it so that's great. :P 

-EDIT- Sorry for the bad grammar, I'm usually better than this... :blush: 

Edited by Wannabrony
  • Brohoof 3

Actually I should mention that my younger brother asked me the other day if I still watched the show to which I of course said yes. I don't know why he keeps asking me. Might have to do with the fact that he's gone from loving Transformers, to Sonic the Hedgehog, to Minecraft, to Dragon Ball Z, to Pokemon, while I've jsut stayed where I am. He's made attempts at making fun of me for it, but he forgets I'm much better at dishing out zingers and that he's watched multiple episodes with me and enjoyed them. My youngest brother actually asked me to watch last weeks episode with him at the mention of it.

"You like mlp?!" is always their reaction.  

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 2

Most reactions are light amusement at most. Sometimes I'll get in a conversation about it and about people buying ponies for their children and so forth. Some people at my workplace know about the pones now. Because I take my pony lunchbox there. :)

The only ones who know that I'm a brony are my parents. While they are accepting of it, I don't nag them about it or anything and instead leave it to my own devices whilst they continue on with their own lives. I've told no one else because frankly I feel no one needs to know given that I view myself as a more casual fan than a hardcore one.

Some gasped, some shrieked, some called for an exorcist, others called for tar and feathers...:wau:

Just kidding. :mellow: No one really reacted at all. People who know me know I'm into cartoons and MLP is just a natural cog in the wheel. It's a great show, why wouldn't I love it?  

• Brohoof 2

I live loud and poud when it comes to MLP. I wear a MLP button , necklets  and or watch at work EVERY DAY!!. At 1st I did not want to tell people but then I thought  why should I not be proud to be a brony.  it's easyer to be a brony then a black man that love guns . yeah when I 1st told people at work they say mean things about me but after then saw that I did not care what they say and you can stop me from having fun, they stop. Some one might say " MLP is for girls so you must be gay or something" and I said back " I like guns, MLP and doing what I love and there are a lot of bronys in the armed forces so, I guess I am part of a good gay group of people".

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, swordsman said:

I live loud and poud when it comes to MLP. I wear a MLP button , necklets  and or watch at work EVERY DAY!!. At 1st I did not want to tell people but then I thought  why should I not be proud to be a brony.  it's easyer to be a brony then a black man that love guns . yeah when I 1st told people at work they say mean things about me but after then saw that I did not care what they say and you can stop me from having fun, they stop. Some one might say " MLP is for girls so you must be gay or something" and I said back " I like guns, MLP and doing what I love and there are a lot of bronys in the armed forces so, I guess I am part of a good gay group of people".

Haha my dad is also that black man that loves guns.

On 4/25/2018 at 8:32 PM, King of Canterlot said:

That's awesome! Do you guys watch the new episodes when they come out and buy each other new pony merch for holiday gifts and such? ^_^

Often, yeah XD.

• Brohoof 2