Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music I feel...Alone...

UJn92kwC

I am feeling very alone in the Brony community right now. For one, I don't know any bronies who live near me, and two, one that is bothering me, I feel as if I am the only Brony who listens to rock, and emo music,

I'm guessing I'm not the only one, but I feel like I am, and I am pretty sure most some bronies listen to the types of music I do.

~~Jacob.

Ps, if you want, post your favorite rock, or emo music/bands. I love new bands or songs.

Edited by Jacob2Cl0wn
  • Brohoof 9

You're definitely not the only brony listening to rock, that I can tell you for a fact. I'm not sure about emo music, since I'm not quite certain what that is. Punk-ish stuff?

Either way, no need to feel alone when you have internet. Millions of people at your arm's reach and you can turn the off any time you want. How cool is that?

Some people would argue that internet is not a real social place, but that is just not so. It opens doors - it's not always possible to find people like you (or people you like) in your vicinity and that's where internet comes in.

• Brohoof 2

Oh, are you kidding me? The only one who listens to rock!? Brother, I'll have you know that I am a fan of a whole score of rock bands, including, but not limited to...

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

ACDC

Queen

Aerosmith

Foghat

ZZ Top

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Bon Jovi

aaaaaand the Rolling Stones

Rock is still huge even today.

If you're ever feeling lonely just press the spacebar.

Edited by Modphase
  • Brohoof 4

@staroffire Holy crap o.o *bones crush* anyways, lol. Thanks :D it was a hug, a deadly hug that might have killed me, but it was a hu-*dies*

That was... AWESOME

post-10381-0-03747500-1356376327_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jacob2Cl0wn
  • Brohoof 1

You're definitely not the only brony listening to rock, that I can tell you for a fact. I'm not sure about emo music, since I'm not quite certain what that is. Punk-ish stuff?

Either way, no need to feel alone when you have internet. Millions of people at your arm's reach and you can turn the off any time you want. How cool is that?

Some people would argue that internet is not a real social place, but that is just not so. It opens doors - it's not always possible to find people like you (or people you like) in your vicinity and that's where internet comes in.

Emo... Try Falling In Reverse, my personal favorites of their songs are....

The drug in me is you,

I'm not a vampire,

And....

Good girls like bad guys.

Another band is Black Veil Brides

you're never alone in the brony community. hell there's even brony musicians who do country, jazz, and other less common genres of music. do a search for some, you'll find some brony emo/rock in no time :D

as for myself, i enjoy almost any music. the only music i don't like is the kind with vulgar lyrics.

You're not alone with this feeling, I feel like I'm alone as well...there are next to no bronies in my country so I can only resort to using the internet.

You should make the first move and ask people's skype or ICQ or whatever, the thing I should be doing as well...

By the way, a lot of the others at school say I look emo, do you guys think it his is true, anyways, it's not like I have a MLP shirt to walk around in, so i was wondering, please be honest, do I look emo? I just now took this photo. A lot of people think I need to get a haircut, is this true?

You kind of do. It's the hair. Either way, get haircut when you think you need one, not when people tell you you should.

Also the band you sent me is kinda cool, I know and like similar things, I just suck badly when it comes to identifying music genres. 

well Emo music makes people think the listeners are weird.. so they avoid them.. But try metal and such. Heres one song i like,

than again, i like most genres of music.. Emo and "intercity Rap" being two of the ones i dislike. but whatever, to each their own

Some good rock n' stuff. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6EFg5eWWlM

(Best to play this song when you're old and it becomes true)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArVcyLdctMk

And metal, 'tis amazing, you like metal, right? RIGHT?!

>Five Finger Death Punch

You are my newest most bestiest best friend. Five Finger Death Punch kicks so much ass, its freaking amazing,

You certainly are not the only one. I dunno where you live but sometimes I feel like the only brony in my area too (I live in the Seattle area in the US)

I also listen to rock though I have a tendency to be more of a metalhead.

By the way, a lot of the others at school say I look emo, do you guys think it his is true, anyways, it's not like I have a MLP shirt to walk around in, so i was wondering, please be honest, do I look emo? I just now took this photo. A lot of people think I need to get a haircut, is this true?

Why wouldn't I? The first actual rock song I ever heard was Slipknot, I will never EVER pass up a chance to listen to Slipknot, or any metal/rock.

First off, holy hell you look a lot like a guy I know in real life, but by the looks of your username your name probably isn't Kevin :P.

Secondly, Slipknot, really? Slipknot sucks! XP

Haha, we all have our own opinions, but if I may direct you to some more good metal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKO23HGziTQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTiktZzPguU

There ya go!

If by "emo music" you mean REAL emo (not screamo-metalcore tripe) then I've got some bands you should check out:

American Football

Chokebore

I Hate Myself

One Last Wish

Snowing

Sunny Day Real Estate

This Town Needs Guns

What Price, Wonderland?

• 2 weeks later...