Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's your favorite MMO?

Wubsie

My favorite one used to be World of Warcraft, but I haven't played that in quite some time, currently I'm not playing one but I am for sure going to try the Elder Scrolls online when it comes out 

Oh man, ESO. Forgot all about that one, even with the fact that I've been playing in the beta. I'll just say, it's not as good as I was hoping it would be. I'll probably be sticking to the single player ES games. Sure is pretty though.

Oh man, ESO. Forgot all about that one, even with the fact that I've been playing in the beta. I'll just say, it's not as good as I was hoping it would be. I'll probably be sticking to the single player ES games. Sure is pretty though.

awwwwwwwww!  :( I was hoping it was gonna be a good one! , well we shall see, I love the single player ones, Skyrim is just amazing! 

btw...love your profile pic Main-iac!  :)

Edited by *StarGazer*
  • Brohoof 1

I have recently been getting into FFXIV a lot recently because of my brother. I don't really have a good enough computer to play it at the standard I want it to so I have been playing it on the PS3 and I have had no problems with it other than how hard it is to chat talk on there xD. I will highly likely move over to the PS4 when it releases on there but I am sticking with the PS3 for now. I will be willing to play with anyone, I just need to know its someone from here first so I wont get confused.

I have played WoW, Rift, Neverwinter, and a few others that I cant think on the top of my head and I couldn't really get into them all that well. The only ones that I have played for a decent time would be Rift and Neverwinter but I just kinda stopped playing since other games have called for me. I have been wondering about an MMO that is similar to the anime Log Horizon, mainly with the multi races and loads of different classes to play as since that is one thing I has bothered me with FFXIV is that there doesn't seem to be many classes with only 8 classes, minus the Disciples of the Hand and Land, with the Lancer, Archer, Marauder, Gladiator, Pugilist, Conjurer, Thaumaturge, and Arcanist. 

• 3 years later...
(edited)

My favorite MMO is the Path of Exile, it's free and has a great Orb trading system. I played Diablo 3, but I had to pay for the game with limited capabilities. I am waiting for the patch of the Fall of Oriath, then I will be playing PoE all the time. I love FFXIV also
I love FFXIV Gils. Buy FFXIV Gils, PoE Orbs and Diablo legendaries here: https://Odealo.com

Edited by Wypadao

TERA was my standout favorite. I loved the combat system and the world it originally was before they started butchering it.

It is still a fun game, but no one I know plays anymore, and they have really destroyed many of the things that made the game as good as it was for me.

I haven't played a lot of MMOs, however I really enjoyed Cartoon Network's Fusionfall when it was still running and I am definitely looking forward to the fan made continuation of it whenever it comes out.

Lord of the Rings Online used to be great.  It still has the best class design of any MMO I've seen.  The Warden in particular is worth mentioning; you get 3 main abilities: spear thrust, shield bash, and shout.  Using them in different patterns changes the effect of your fourth ability (I.e. Alternating Shield-spear gives you a heal that increases based on the length of the chain, and alternating shout-shield gives damage over time).  Unfortunately the game suffers from mechanics bloat; simply far too many things to level and grind.

Star Wars the Old Republic is another good one; the companion characters and actual cutscenes for dialogue make solo play much more enjoyable.  It also clamps your stats based on region, so you don't have to deal with max level players running around low level zones, and prevents you from overleveling in a region.

All I've ever played has been WoW.

I still play it actually. Legion has been incredible, and while 7.2 was a bit of a let down, it was better than 6.2, and I've been playing the 7.3 PTR and I've been impressed so far. Kul'tiras is apparently the next expansion and I can't wait.

WoW and TERA, though WoW is by far my  favorite, considering how many memories I have there:D

I haven't played any MMOs for about five years, but back when I played it, Maplestory was something that I absolutely loved. It was very fun with tons to do despite being a 2D sidescroller. The environments, the music, the enemies, the friends I made...I have nothing but good memories of that game. At least before it fell into new management that only cared about the cash and turned it into a pay-to-win scheme. Despite the rough part in time that made me leave the game, I had six years of amazing times in that game.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...