Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's your favorite MMO?

Wubsie

Hey guys, I've been wondering for a while now. What's your favorite MMO? If you feel like wanting to play with others on this forum you might want to give us a link to it!

My favorite MMO is probably maplestory. It's been getting easier since about 2010 but it's still very fun in my opinion coming out with new classes every once in a while. There are so many job advancements and skills and it's been out since 2003. Even if the characters look a little off and small they still kick-ass! Maplestory is pretty old but it's awesome! You should try it! ^_^

Link to the official GMS (GlobalMaplestory) website: http://maplestory.nexon.net/

• Brohoof 3

I used to absolutely adore Maplestory. The world was so massive, you actually felt like what your character was - an "adventurer". Wouldn't you agree that they've made it much less open-ended in recent patches? They dump job and event quest lines on you from the beginning, and if you don't accept them they sit on the left of your screen as a bobbling light bulb.

What wouldn't I give for the Slime Tree to be added back to that game. That place was wonderful.

But anyway, I haven't really been playing MMOs ever since I quit Maplestory. I feel like I should, though. My friends have recommended Dragon Nest and SWTOR but I've never come around to picking up either.

• Brohoof 2

I used to absolutely adore Maplestory. The world was so massive, you actually felt like what your character was - an "adventurer". Wouldn't you agree that they've made it much less open-ended in recent patches? They dump job and event quest lines on you from the beginning, and if you don't accept them they sit on the left of your screen as a bobbling light bulb.

What wouldn't I give for the Slime Tree to be added back to that game. That place was wonderful.

But anyway, I haven't really been playing MMOs ever since I quit Maplestory. I feel like I should, though. My friends have recommended Dragon Nest and SWTOR but I've never come around to picking up either.

I got to level 100 on my luminous in 2 days....2! 5 hours in total!

That's too fast for an adventure. -_-

That makes no sense whatsoever how easy it is. I used to think level 100 was god tier until I noticed how easy it was.

I remember when it took time to get good. I'd like a week to get to level 20.

I got to level 100 on my luminous in 2 days....2! 5 hours in total!

That's too fast for an adventure. -_-

That makes no sense whatsoever how easy it is. I used to think level 100 was god tier until I noticed how easy it was.

I remember when it took time to get good. I'd like a week to get to level 20.

Here's some things you'll remember:

- Dying to balrogs on the ship to Orbis ;D

- Sitting outside Kerning PQ spamming "J> PQ GOT TRACK @@@@@"

- Everyone was called xXxSINxXx or Naruto145928

- Hardest boss was Zakum and you were the epitome of awesome if you could kill it

- Slime Tree, Pig Beach, L Forest :D

• Brohoof 2

Idk... I would say maple story... Because I played that a lot a long time ago...

But I'm going to have a new favorite soon...

I'm going to be getting Elder Scrolls Online once it comes out... And I bet that will be my new favorite MMO

Planetside 2. It has a mixture of every kind of first person shooter. There is no specific kind of combat in this game. You can easily choose from close quarters firefights, to large scale sieges, to stealth infiltration, huge aerial dogfights, fast-paced ground vehicle combat, you name it, Planetside has it. It's what makes Planetside unique over other games.

Another reason why it's my favorite, and the most important reason at that, is the excellent teamwork and team synergy. I can guarantee you that when you join a platoon, or even a squad, you will have a leader who knows what he's doing, and can lead you to victory. I once played for seven hours straight because my platoon leader was amazing.

The last reason is the wide range of customizations. Even with the already huge selection of weapons, weapon attachments, outfits, camos, and statistical customizations, there are always new updates that add more.

• Brohoof 1

First I would like to say I like the idea of this thread to find others that play the same MMO as you.

I personally love EVE Online. I just don't have the time to play it. It has a really steep learning curve. Loads of fun though.

I don't really have any MMO's I currently play. Mainly because I have no one to play them with. 

Isn't Maplestory the 2d sidescrolling one?

• Brohoof 1

Vindictus.

Despite Nexon being a crap company,Vindictus is actually pretty fun to play with when you got a good party going.Or have a buncha mages with you.Seriously,mages in that game are OP to the point they can solo raids meant for like,6-8 people sometimes.

I really like Dead Frontier. It's dark, but it's a good challenge and it can be fun.

The only downside is that it will be completely boring and terrible if you don't know what you're doing.

Edited by Croaks
  • Brohoof 1

I don't play any MMO games. I pre-ordered Guildwars 2 but forgot my login details before it released so i never got to play it haha. A friend tried to get me into WOW but i couldn't do it. 

I am going to start playing Planetside 2 though soon. A Persistant MMO FPS sounds too awesome to not play.

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy

Favorite for all time or recently?
My favorite MMO ever is Ragnarok Online. It's my first MMO and I have so many sweet memory while playing it with my friends from the high school. I really want to play it again, but sadly, the game is now outdated and is going to die out. It has many interesting jobs and even though I don't like job system, I love the job system in this game. Very balanced and unique. The items are interesting as well. The events, the adventure. Geez, if only I can play it again with my old friends. What a nostalgia. :lol:

Edited by Sky Warden

I used to play WoW all the frikkin time but I quit a few years ago, basically when Cata came out, and have not looked back since. I have my own personal server I screw around on solo just for fun, and I tried the MoP beta which was absolute junk imo.

Guild Wars 2 is my new favorite. I dont get to play it as much as I would like but it is much more fun to me than WoW is now (I played WoW from the original beta up through most of Cata). I also played RIFT for awhile and I really like it too, but with GW2 being free once you buy it, I just cant justify monthly cost. Which is another reason the only other one I play often enough anymore is Champions Online. It is pretty fun and has awesome character customization, but once you cap level it gets boring.

I tried eve and tera but dont really care for them. I do play LoL now and then but I dont consider it an mmo because of its format.

Edited by Puddlejumper

Hey guys, I've been wondering for a while now. What's your favorite MMO? If you feel like wanting to play with others on this forum you might want to give us a link to it!

My favorite MMO is probably maplestory. It's been getting easier since about 2010 but it's still very fun in my opinion coming out with new classes every once in a while. There are so many job advancements and skills and it's been out since 2003. Even if the characters look a little off and small they still kick-ass! Maplestory is pretty old but it's awesome! You should try it! ^_^

Link to the official GMS (GlobalMaplestory) website: http://maplestory.nexon.net/

Runescape probably back in 2006 ,it was the best time for the game,today runescape sucks and please dont play it. For anypony who wants to play RS like the way it was in 2006 google 2006scape. The combat and everything was awesome and yet simple back then,so many memories.

• Brohoof 1

Before Lighting Fluttershy/Clarity reply to this thread

Realm of the Mad God!

There, I beat them. I have won

Now wheres my top hat?

• Brohoof 1

Here's some things you'll remember:

- Dying to balrogs on the ship to Orbis ;D

- Sitting outside Kerning PQ spamming "J> PQ GOT TRACK @@@@@"

- Everyone was called xXxSINxXx or Naruto145928

- Hardest boss was Zakum and you were the epitome of awesome if you could kill it

- Slime Tree, Pig Beach, L Forest :D

Ahh, I have to agree! I used to play MS too years ago, but with all the changes and the Big Bang and all, I couldn't appreciate it as much, so I quit as well. I loved the sandbox-like maplestory of old, and all of the job quests makes it feel more rigid. For me, it made it feel less adventurous and archaic and more, well, linear I guess. Also, they made it so that your level determines what you can and cannot hit. This bothered me a bit too because I was a CB and we like blowing things up with money. Blowing up monsters and even bosses that were way past our level was just fun and taking that away added to the rigidness. To be honest, Nexon can be pretty idiotic. 

Slime tree <3

I played Ragnarok Online for a bit and Rose. Ragnarok is your typical free-roam MMORPG and it was cutesy enough. I tend to lean towards anime-ish MMO's overall. It was fun, and I have some nice memories on there as well. 

I was an aspd crit-sin. Yes, I was the asshole making A LOT of annoying critical hit-sounds in the back. All PvE, no WoE. 

I've tried a handful of MMOs over the years: WoW, Maple Story, City of Heroes and a few others.  Most of them got boring after a couple months.  The only one that stood the test of time is Eve Online, which I am still playing after more than 4 years.

I love it because it's challenging, complex and pvp is downright vicious.  For the past 16 months I've lived in an area called "wormhole space", which is basically a lawless, very dangerous place where there are no rules except those you and your friends choose to honor.  Out there, trust is everything.  Anyone can attack anyone, for any reason.  If your ship gets blown up, it (and everything in it) is gone forever.

This fan-made video pretty much sums up the political, mechanical, strategic, operational and tactical aspects of life in wormhole space:

Star Wars the Old Republic you get to pick 8 characters from either the republic or sith empire each with their own unique story and abilities and see what the Star Wars universe was like 4000 years before the movies.

Before Lighting Fluttershy/Clarity reply to this thread

Realm of the Mad God!

There, I beat them. I have won

Now wheres my top hat?

You play realm of the Mad God?

68fcabdb34023cd4b8a734bf33736af8.png?132Nah, jk. It's a rather addicting game, but it's kind of a freemium game in my opinion. I still like it though. :)

• Brohoof 1

A few years back a blew about $200 on World of Warcraft. But I've promised myself that I'm not going to do that again. I just can't afford it.

I have been playing WoW for five years now... actually I a tabbed out of WoW now while on Mlpforums :) It is a great game and I can Scroll of Rez you if you want to try it out again /cometothedarkside

You play realm of the Mad God?

img-1044498-1-68fcabdb34023cd4b8a734bf33Nah, jk. It's a rather addicting game, but it's kind of a freemium game in my opinion. I still like it though. :)

http://www.realmeye.com/player/XboxAllDay

That is me and forever be me. Haters gonna hate on my name.

This advertisement is paid for in Kalles blood

Theres my top hat!

Now let me finish my tea.

• Brohoof 1

I don't play too many MMO's anymore but when I used to play, I was pretty fond of Ragnarok Online back when it was more popular.  I also was very much into League of Legends! I don't remember many, as I've played a lot.  I do remember the most recent that I've played though, which was La Tale, if that counts.  It was pretty entertaining, I suppose.