Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I was thinking of starting a "Let's Play" Youtube channel...

Indigo Twirl

So... I was thinking of starting a Youtube "Let's Play" channel, and I wanted to know of anyponys thoughts on this... Also if any of you awesome members of the MLPForum's community would consider watching some of said videos from the channel, one they come to fruition. The name of the channel is: "IndigoTwirl". (Without quotations). Would any of you guys be interested in that? If so... What game would you guys like to see on there first, The options for the games I am able to put up at the moment are... Skyrim, Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2, Or Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Anyone let me know your thoughts on this and if anyone is interested, I will run a poll for the games listed above. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Regards,

Indigo Twirl

I'm always a fan of a good Let's Play. I say go for it, I'd definitely watch Skyrim, Borderlands and Amnesia... maybe not so much Far Cry. Might I mention that if you do play Amnesia... remember this: go to the Storage before going to the Study. Storage before Study ^.^ It will enhance your experience, don't ask me how.

I would perhaps be interested. However, there are usually two reasons I have for watching LPs: entertaining myself, or simply looking at the game. Since I pretty much have all the games at the top, I suppose it'll be entertainment...

But I do have pretty high standards... or not high, but at least specific...

Eh. I'm rambling. Anyhow, I'll definitely take a look.

^_^ I love watching let's play videos often. Sometimes when I play a game I pretend to be making a let's play video and kinda imagine what I would say if I was actually making one. Kinda fun thing to do.

Well, if I was to play Amnesia, I would play custom stories, more or less. Due to the fact that I don't find the original story line in the game, quite as scary as I do compared to some of the really well made custom stories out there. But I was leaning towards Skyrim quite a bit, I was thinking of playing the Dragonborn DLC. I t happens to be my favorite out of the 3 DLC currently avaliable at the moment.

Well, my schedule can be a bit tight during the week, but I tend to have quite a bit of time during the weekends... I could also do a bit of recording today, but I do get off of winter break tommorow, so I might only be able to post smaller videos during the week days. Possibly just some random Indie Games.

i would certainly be interested. do remember to watch the video in full before uploading it to the internet as i've made that mistake once and it wasn't pretty

I'd love to see some LP's from you! I checked up on your channel but I didn't find any videos uploaded though.

As advice on the time thing, putting up a video of your LP once a week is good enough. While posting some random LP's of indie games or small games is a great idea to keep your viewers going keep in mind that these videos shouldn't dominate over the bigger games. The "bigger" games are your theme, they are so to say your life-line. If I for example go over to your page and only see like 1 Far Cry vid, 1 Skyrim vid every 5+ indie games, I'm not going to stay for long because there is no continuity between your videos. 

On LP'ing itself, never stay too quiet for too long. It's good to stay silent during cutscenes or conversations and also at points where tension starts to build up but not when you're just walking from A to B, you can even talk about some random stuff, as long as you keep the viewer interested, heck, even talk to yourself like when you have to make a choice between going left or right, taking the red or blue pill, etc.

And the final tip, have fun, no one wants to listen to someone who's bored out of his mind, the viewers want to experience an adventure, a story alongside the LPer.

That's it! Hope to see some videos of ya!

Thanks for the advice Winterbass! I will be sure to keep those ideas in mind... And for everyone else, I actually just did a bit of recording, I will begin ZE EDITING! And I will post a link when it is uploaded.

Random fact that none of you will read:

i subscribe to english youtubers faster than all others. Ill just be like "oh theyre good. Subscribe" and tye next day ill be like "hang on. Their from england? Ermagherd!"

Done editing... Just have to convert the file to a youtube friendly format, and then upload... Then voolah! Nearly there guys. Link will be posted when done. (Just trying to fill the 100 min characters).

Hey guys! The video is edited, and now uploaded to Youtube! So feel free to check it out. Please keep in mind this is my first video and that there is always room for improvement, so please don't hate on it because it might not be good or stuff like that. And I know I did talk a little quiet but I will fix that in the next video of mine, anyways... Here is the link. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59rVHUJAw0&feature=youtu.be

• Brohoof 1

Not bad for a start, what I'm missing is a bit of an introduction there. Something like " Hey guys I'm Indigo Twirl and we're about to play some [insert game here] here, just chillin you know!"

Give us a basic idea of what we'll be seeing and what we should expect. Try explaining things to us, cause there might be people like me watching who have no idea what's happening. Don't worry about saying stupid things, it's ok since you can always just correct yourself, and failure like that sometimes actually helps keeping the attention of the viewers. Or if you're really unsatisfied, you can always just stop recording and retry.

Or maybe I'm just being too reviewy here. At least that's how I'll start off things once I get a capture card to record from consoles. That way I'll have everything planned and I will be able to get into talking constantly, and eventually make things up on the run.

Keep it up!

It would be my honor to check out your Let's Play Videos.

Since your playing huge titles in gaming, you have earned my 20% cooler approval.

Everypony gets it, after all. :)