Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The CMC Manehatten Branch

Pony Of The Month

In Apple Family Reunion, Applebloom And Babs had this short conversation:

Applebloom: Any other other blank flanks at your new school?

Babs: Yeah, two.

Applebloom: Do they want to be crusaders?

Babs: Totally!

Applebloom: Great!

So my question is, will we ever meet the two new crusaders? I know that they weren't confirmed as official members, but it seems like they will be. Would you want to meet the Manehatten branch of the cmc? This makes me genuinely curious, and I'm interested in what all of you think of it.

All I know for sure, is that if Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo don't get their cutie marks by the end of the series (whenever that is) than the series will feel incomplete to me.

• Brohoof 3

I swore when i heard that conversation that it meant foreshadowing for a future episode where Bab's seed is the main character in manehatten with her two friends and then its like one of those weird spin off's where they have two bullies like Diamond tiar and silverspoon.

Just a thought, would be interesting to. I feel like it could happen.

I'd atleast like to see bab's show up and tell us something more about them.. Even better if we got to see them.

But to be honest i'd love to see more of Manehatten and life in Manehatten for Bab's.

Am I the only one? :P.

• Brohoof 2

Well, it may not be canon, but the "Ask the Cutie Mark Crusaders" Tumblr plans to take itself in this direction. The funny thing is, it happened before "Apple Family Reunion" came out, yet plans to include two members.

Any lover of the CMC should read this Tumblr, by the way. It was made by the same genuis who gave us this wonderful music video. Just beware one thing:

The "Vocational Death Cruise" story arc. It was for a Tumblr contest about a year back. It gets kinda dark (but not too dark; PG at its worst, like Coraline), and isn't for the faint of heart.

But it does have a happy resolution.

Edited by immblueversion

I would really like to see an episode like that, where it shows Babs with her two friends doing adventures to find their cutie marks. To me it would be a great episode, and especially to see who bullies Babs and her friends where they live. :)

• Brohoof 1

I actually wouldn't like an episode like this. I feel like anything the CMC can do in Manehattan, they could do in Ponyville without all the added characters. I enjoy meeting new ponies, but I don't like being introduced to too many at once. I feel the character identity is too shallow for the episode (there's only 20 minutes for the story to move on; can't waste a lot of time in character introductions), and therefore, the episode feels "lacking" in the richness that I adore.

But who am I to say? Maybe the writers have great plans for blank flanks in Manehattan, and that small talk was foreshadowing just that. I guess we'll need to wait and see.

Maybe someday if Babs and the Cutie Mark Crusaders have another meetup, we could possibly meet them, but for the time being I don't think we'll be hearing much from the blank flanks.

I think it would be neat if, say, we see Babs writing a letter to Apple Bloom, and her two CMC recruits are in the background. They don't need to be introduced or have a whole episode, they can just be doing cute/funny stuff while Babs is trying to focus. That way we'd get an idea of who these two are without the redundancy of having two CMC branches that might be interchangeable. I think the fandom would have fun with characterization past that point. :)

I would really like to see an episode like that, where it shows Babs with her two friends doing adventures to find their cutie marks. To me it would be a great episode, and especially to see who bullies Babs and her friends where they live. :)

Yeah, I always thought it would be cool to have an episode away from Ponyville and the regular characters, with only Babs and her new Crusaders.

I think it would be neat if, say, we see Babs writing a letter to Apple Bloom, and her two CMC recruits are in the background. They don't need to be introduced or have a whole episode, they can just be doing cute/funny stuff while Babs is trying to focus. That way we'd get an idea of who these two are without the redundancy of having two CMC branches that might be interchangeable. I think the fandom would have fun with characterization past that point. :)

You know what would be great? If they teased the fan-dom by at the end of a regular episode by having Princess Celestia receive a letter about friendship from Babs and her friends, right after reading one from Twilight.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

I think it'd be cool if Applebloom went to see Babs in Manehatten. My cousins and my siblings and I always visited each others home towns each summer.

This is a good idea.  Applebloom going to visit Babs.  It wouldn't just give us more insight on the CMC manehatten branch, but also more of Babs' family and more of Manehatten.