Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Luna VS Batman

Zalgo

Both Characters are a representation of darkness and night....

250px-Batman_Lee.png

The stealthy crime fighter and protector of Gotham, Batman. The Dark Knight....

Moon_Rise_-_Princess_Luna_by_TheCruelOne

...and Princess Luna, co-ruler of Equestria and the Goddess of the Night.

Who would win in a battle to the death with no outside help and no mercy?

Batman isn't allowed any vehicles, but he's allowed with most of his gadgets.

I think that, given the right opportunities, batman could win.

Either way, it would be a close fight.

• Brohoof 3

Well, Batman is a freaking genius. My knowledge of DC comics is fairly minimal, but I can't count him out of anything. However Luna does have the power to enter his mind, as well as superhuman strength and weather control. I'll let someone more qualified answer the question, but this is a fight I'd like to see :).

• Brohoof 1

Batman has really a lot of gadgets and vehicles plus, his strength to take down an enemy in a bad situation. Luna has the magic and a manipulation tactic to make someone's worst fears come to life. I think Batman without his vehicle is no issue, but this fight would most likely be in Luna's court so to speak.

Well. That depends on Luna's moralities.

While I'm not sure if Batman would rip a pony to shreads, I'm less sure about Luna. If there /is/ no mercy, Luna could win. She has powerful magic at her side, plus she could probably locate The Bat no matter what. Really depends on what she is thinking at the time.

If given time to prepare Batman has a good chance though no guarantee of actually winning, everyone has a weakness including Luna and if Batman found a way to exploit that it would tip the fight in his favor. Batman knows in great details all the strengths and weaknesses of even his own allies (he has a detailed database on all of them with detailed plans on how to take them down should they turn to evil.) If it is a random encounter though Batman is going to be in a lot of trouble and will need to make a quick escape, though he has done that many times in various animated, movie and comic book incarnations.

• Brohoof 1

Oohhhh... This is HARD. Luna, with her magical Alicorn-ness, and Batman, with his genius and stealth...

I'd say, if Batman had Robin with him, he might stand a chance. Otherwise, Luna pwns.

But the question is which Robin? Dick Grayson who was the first Robin and later became Nightwing is argued by many to be the best but that is debatable. In terms of strength, endurance and pure athletic prowess Dick is without question (he was trained as an acrobat as a young child) the best but I think Tim Drake the third Robin has the best intelligence and detective skills which is what I think would really win the fight here. Jason Todd the second Robin and who is currenltly the brutal vigilante Red Hood has no qualms about using lethal force so given the chance he will kill Luna. Damien Wayne who is the current Robin in the comics is very skilled but nowhere near as much as the other Robins but oh boy is he cocky.

I dont really see batman coming out on top in this. It seems that usually when dealing with extreme magic users the justice league will consult Doctor Fate. In fact he would be a much better person to pit against Luna as he understands magic and is an adept magic user. Maybe Felix Faust would work. The whole "Batman is super smart and is prepared for anything" argument only works when Batman actually knows who and what he is dealing with. In a one on one Batman simply wouldn't win as he knows nothing about Luna and he would know as such and seek the help of the league. Heck cosmic immortal being such as her are what the league was made to deal with.

Edited by Anadu Kune
  • Brohoof 2

One thing I like to clarify is that if Batman was in a death battle with something that is NOT human, then if he has no other way he will not hesitate to kill. In the comics Batman has no trouble killing other beings if they threaten the world. He has been shown on a rare occasion to kill other beings such as aliens, vampires, monsters, spirits, etc. As long as the living creater isn't human he will kill IF there is no ther way.

Now if Batman could deafeat Princess Luna? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Let me explaine my reasons. To be fair I'll explaine both characters streanghs and weaknesses

Note: this analysis will be taken from information that is canon. No fandom content. sorry

Batman:

•Given prep-time Batman could deafeat almost any opponent. If they just meet up (Batman and Luna) and fight then Batman would have problems. Batman could escape and come back prepared. If Batman is unable to escape say they are in a closed arena, we make the fight gladiator style In a chosen environment that works best for both (I'm picking forest environment) then he will have to relay on his gadgets and skills.

• Batman has earned multiple master degrees and Batman has mastered multiple martial arts and has mastered the ability to recognize muscle movement to determine what his opponent is going to do. He has also reach the peak of human physical condition possible.

•Batman's greatest strength is surprise and stealth. We don't know princess Luna's full extent of the night magic so we can't determine if she can counter Batman's stealth. Intimidation is another of his greatest strengths, but I don't think that will work on Princess Luna so lets move on.

•Batman has a variety of gadgets ranging from smoke pellets, grapple gun, tear gas, timed mines, bollas, small explosives, etc. He also has a variety of baterangs from electric baterangs to explosive baterangs.

•His suit can withstand small caliber bullets and knives. His suit can also produce 20,000 volts of electricity, which in many cases he uses to keep enemies from seeing his secret identity, but there is no saying he can't use it in combat.

• He has no real weaknesses except the fact that he is still human and this is restrained by human limitations. He is also the member of the JLA that has to be rescued the most. One can also question his mental stability (he saw his parents shot in front of him, he uses his money to beat the shit out of criminals dressed as a giant bat, and keeps employing teenage sidekicks, ya he's clearly not all there).

• Dispite his limitations he has proven to be a survivor. He has lived through having his back broken, complete disintegration, and was trapped in time as a living time bomb of galactic destruction. And you want to know why?

Because he's BATMAN!

Princess Luna:

• Becaus the show is targeted towards girls we can't tell Luna's full combat and magic capabilities.

• Now while many speculate that Alicorns

are immortal through age it was never mentioned that they can't be killed. Much like the immortal elves in the Lord of the Rings films, we're they can die if they are killed by another being, but can't die by age.

• she is an Alicorn and thus has several magical powers at her disposal. Most noticeable powers are the manipulation of the weather as she can summon storms and lighting. She can also enter the minds and dreams of other, however if she can do it while the target is awake is unkown. While it was never shown it can be implied that Luna can shot a beam of energy much like her sister Celestia did in the canterlot weding episodes.

• Now while nightmare moon was her previous self and just an upgrade to her powers there is no reason to say she can't ascess some of her abilities she had as nightmare moon to a lesser extent. This may give her acces to creating solid illusions and the munpulation of the earth as well. Assuming Nightmare moon is just a corrupt version of Luna.

•She has the royal voice (a sonic like voice) which could disrupt the frequencies of any tracking devices or homing objects. Hey Batman's weapons have been know to be beaten by sonic attacks.

•As the keeper of the night she also can munipulate the moon and stars. This could be helpful if he can't find Batman she can munipulate the moon and stars to illuminate dark areas to find the dark knight.

• While her durability was never tested princess Celestia did take a full blast of magic stronger then her's and survied. Taken to accout that they are sisters princess Luna may have a large durability making difficult to kill her with a simple explosion.

• One of her noticeable weakness is her lack of combat. In the first two episodes Princess Luna used munpulations to try to defeat her opponents. She never once fought. She was even absent during the chaos in canterlot during the weding episodes. While it is implied that she and Celestia defeated Discord and King Sombra it isn't implied if they had to best them in combat first befor using the elements of harmony.

•Dispite this she took a blow from the elements of harmony, survived 1000 years in exile on the moon, and has control of the moon which if you played majoras mask you know is not something that should be taken lightly.

All in all It really depends on the full extent of princess Luna's powers. Batman has faced countless magical foes and this could handle many of princess Luna's assaults. He could keep Luna at bay with his skills and gadgets and find a oportunaty to kill her. However princess Luna's power is a force to be reckon with. Even though we never saw it, Luna's weather manipulation can be deadly if used correctly. I've seen Thor and Storm with similar weather powers take on powerful opponents so there is no reason to say Princess Luna can't use her weather power in combat as well. Her beam of magic may be able to penetrate Batman's armor if shot correctly. However her lack of combat could leave her unsure of how to handle the fights situation. Batman's only option to win is to survive Luna's assaults, hurt her enough to a point were he may kill her.

All in all I guess it depends on who writes the fan fic.

Sorry for the long explanation, but I like both of these characters a lot so it put me In a mood to do an analysis.

Edited by Phoenix237
  • Brohoof 1

• One of her noticeable weakness is her lack of combat.

Its a good thing, Celestia found that other alicorn to help fight Sombra ;)

You make a lot of good points, but really, I don't think Bats has much of a chance: As far as we know Luna has no real weaknesses except being hit in the face by the Elements or something equally powerful, which would be hard for Bats to aquire.

And if its really "no mercy" , Luna could simply nuke the whole area and be done with it (Considering, she can change the weather for miles around on a whim and crack a miles deep chasm into artic ice, I'd say she'd be capable of doing something like that).

Also, since I stopped reading the comics a while ago, can someone fill me in on whether Bruce is still dead, who's currently Robin /Nightwing and if Babara is still paralyzed?

• Brohoof 1

*Insert obligatory "Batman can win with enough time to plan" comment here*

But seriously,I think Batman would give Luna hell in a fight.She has magic,sure,but Batman regularly deals with demi-gods,gods,and demons alike.Hell,didn't he beat Darkseid once or something like that?Never read up much on DC,but I'm pretty sure Batman has done some crazy shit like that in his time.

@@Silverwisp the Bard Last I checked,Dick Grayson took up the mantle of Batman and Damien Wayne is now Robin.Barbra is still The Oracle as well I believe.Not entirely sure about Bruce.

• Brohoof 1

Also, since I stopped reading the comics a while ago, can someone fill me in on whether Bruce is still dead, who's currently Robin /Nightwing and if Babara is still paralyzed?

As far I had come to understand Bruce was never dead. This was demonstrated when the black lantern batman could not maintain a connection.  Darksied had omega sanctioned him which left him traveling through time and maybe other dimensions.   

I dont know much of the reboot, but it would seem Barbara is now batgirl again and has a somewhat paralyzing fear of guns. I know there are a few batman comics so it would seem they have negated quite a bit of previous continuity, which does not sit well with me(though I could be wrong).

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I would vote for batman with this one. Luna... I just don't see doing that well on a 1v1, especially with batman. Now I could see if luna just did some cheap knock out spell, but if it was just melee combat, I again would vote for batman.

Oh my, I have to get in on this one!!!  Well let's see; as others have said, if Batman had time to prepare, he'd probably end up on top, since I'm fairly certain that he can win just about any match against an opponent if given time to prepare (including Superman, which he's actually done in the past).  However, if it was a random encounter, I have a feeling Batman would be on the defensive for most of the match whilst trying to dodge Luna's magic, and ultimately would probably have to make some sort of an escape at the end of the day.

However, considering also that I'm fairly certain that both Batman and Luna are both opposed to killing others, in my mind, this is how any conflict between the two would be resolved in the end...

6799__safe_crossover_animated_princess-l

WITH THE BEST TEAM-UP EVER!!!!!!!!!!  Two Guardians of the Night joining forces and doubling the awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!  B)

• Brohoof 3

I dont really see batman coming out on top in this. It seems that usually when dealing with extreme magic users the justice league will consult Doctor Fate. In fact he would be a much better person to pit against Luna as he understands magic and is an adept magic user. Maybe Felix Faust would work. The whole "Batman is super smart and is prepared for anything" argument only works when Batman actually knows who and what he is dealing with. In a one on one Batman simply wouldn't win as he knows nothing about Luna and he would know as such and seek the help of the league. Heck cosmic immortal being such as her are what the league was made to deal with.

I wouldn't exactly put Luna on a cosmic immortal scale as such as the Justice League have dealt with, definitely not Doctor Fate or Spectre level by any stretch of the imagination. Most of the magic users that the Justice League have to deal with are Discord level like the 5D imps or The Queen of Fates (dimension warping) I think Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel would be able to take her down, and Superman despite his weakness to magic, would be enough of a match.

That being said... if Batman is going into this blind he's gonna lose... hard. In a in-depth death battle he couldn't even beat Spiderman, I doubt a weather controlling, magic manipulating god of the night is gonna lose to ho,... unless we are talking about old Adam West TV batman, then Bat Alicorn Repellant...

Well, Batman has the Batmobile and Robin at his side. And he has some nifty gadgets that can aid his victo...

What am I saying?!

Luna can control the weather, fly, use magic, and enter your dreams! Goodnight, Batman.

Luna flies into air lighting strikes behind her she then uses her magic to incinerate batman, Luna wins, that and the fact that if bat man tries any gadgets on her she creates a magic protective bubble around her, Oooosh tack that batman.

Well, Batman has the Batmobile and Robin at his side. And he has some nifty gadgets that can aid his victo...

What am I saying?!

Luna can control the weather, fly, use magic, and enter your dreams! Goodnight, Batman.

What am I saying?!

And Batman's... Batman. Hes defeated god like being like that by freaking talking to them.

If hes got prep time... no ones gonna live.

Psh. Batman has no supernatural powers. Sure, he's a pretty bright dude and sure, he's defeated people with supernatural powers... IN BATMAN COMICS. But let's get real. ;) Batman has gotten his butt kicked plenty of times as well. Luna? So far the only vulnerability we've seen is the Elements of Harmony and that only seems applicable when she's possessed by Nightmare Moon.

The Princess also has Woona form which is able to defeat nearly anything using sheer adorableness. And Bat Ponies. So there :P

Psh. Batman has no supernatural powers. Sure, he's a pretty bright dude and sure, he's defeated people with supernatural powers... IN BATMAN COMICS. But let's get real. ;) Batman has gotten his butt kicked plenty of times as well. Luna? So far the only vulnerability we've seen is the Elements of Harmony and that only seems applicable when she's possessed by Nightmare Moon.

The Princess also has Woona form which is able to defeat nearly anything using sheer adorableness. And Bat Ponies. So there :P

Batman only lost to others because he let them win, if hes bloodlusted and hes got prep time........ god the pure death would be unspeakable.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Oh, and Batman would totally win. Neither would kill the other though, since Batman is not a killer and Luna wouldn't kill either outside of her Nightmare Moon form, in which she might have. Still, Batman has defeated many killers and would probably beat even Nightmare Moon, allegedly.

Edited by SBB64
  • Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Oh, and Batman would totally win. Neither would kill the other though, since Batman is not a killer and Luna wouldn't kill either outside of her Nightmare Moon form, in which she might have. Still, Batman has defeated many killers and would probably beat even Nightmare Moon, allegedly.

That's quite a reasonably stated opinion, for an automatically generated message. It's still wrong, though :P Unless Batman could harness the Elements of Harmony, there's no way he's defeating Nightware Moon! And c'mon... Batman wielding the Elements of Harmony? I don't think so!

Batman only lost to others because he let them win, if hes bloodlusted and hes got prep time........ god the pure death would be unspeakable.

I still don't buy it. The only way I would see Batman winning is with this forbidden technique

And maybe Luna would die of embarrassment? :P

Edited by decoherence

That's quite a reasonably stated opinion, for an automatically generated message. It's still wrong, though :P Unless Batman could harness the Elements of Harmony, there's no way he's defeating Nightware Moon! And c'mon... Batman wielding the Elements of Harmony? I don't think so!

I still don't buy it. The only way I would see Batman winning is with this forbidden technique

And maybe Luna would die of embarrassment? :P

I can totally see Batman winning... why? Because he would just pull out a Bat-Alicorn Repellant and shed be done for.

Though in all seriousness, yes if he has time to prepare then she is going down, but if he doesn't she will easily beat him. He is still human, a human that can punch a granite column in half, but a human all the same. He doesn't have the speed or skills to take her down unprepared... just like Batman vs Dracula.

Really though, I think if you like this thread, check out Princess Celestia vs Superman... I like it.

• Brohoof 1

I can totally see Batman winning... why? Because he would just pull out a Bat-Alicorn Repellant and shed be done for.

Touche, good sir! Still, she'd at least take a good chunk out of Robin before the Bat-Alicorn Repellent could be deployed.

Really though, I think if you like this thread, check out Princess Celestia vs Superman... I like it.

Sounds cool, I'll check that out!

Though in all seriousness, yes if he has time to prepare then she is going down, but if he doesn't she will easily beat him. He is still human, a human that can punch a granite column in half, but a human all the same. He doesn't have the speed or skills to take her down unprepared... just like Batman vs Dracula.

Seems to me the question of who would win depends on the circumstances of the fight. What if Luna also had time to prepare? She's pretty good at biding her time, waiting for a opportunity to gain the advantage.  Also, I don't think Batman could possibly be prepared to Woona form and might croak from a HNNNNNG overdose. He might be able to punch through granite but Woona doesn't even have to punch!

• Brohoof 1