Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle vs Rainbow Dash: Fight for Friendship

Captain Marvelous

39 users have voted

1. 1. Who would win

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Rainbow Dash

So just a thought... if Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash had to fight one another, who would win?

This fight will be simple, no interference from outside help, and none of the contenders are being forced to fight... this is all them being themselves.

One of them must win the fight by beating the other one until they can't continue... if not, their friendship is over

and in case any asks, yes the IDW comics can be taken into consideration for the outcome...

so who wins?

Pinkie Pie.

Seriousness, Twilight. I guess. I mean, element of magic. Rainbow is more of a brute though, so meh. I really can't say.

My 2 least favorite ponies (Of the mane 6 that is) duking it out really doesn't interest me, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

I would say Twilight accept the doesn't seem to know many fighting spells. It seems as though RD might be more prepared for a fight.

Then again, Twilight might win so long as she figures out how to do this without Pinkie Pie's help.

640.gif

Dashie wins if it's an adorableness tournament, but if we're talking pony battle royale, Twi wins. Twi's the most powerful the Mane Six (U mad Pinkie fans?), because of her obscene arsenal of magic of all types. Dash can make tornadoes, and she'd be fully capable of keeping away from Twi even when she uses her teleportation spells due to her speed, but Twi simply has magic and Dash doesn't. It'd be hard for Dash to get in to nail attacks with things like force fields at Twi's disposal.

• Brohoof 3

Battle royal huh

Well like all vs post I see I like to over analyzes things. In case you don't know what this means it means I make an analysis for all to see and declare a winner. That way those who wish to see all capabilities can see them. Seeing how there isn't a lot of info on battle statistics for both characters I'm sure this will be short (hopefully). Now let's get started.

Twilight Sparkle:

Strengths/Abilities:

•as a unicorn she has magical Abilites. Normally this would mean her magic is limited, however since her special talent is magic, her magical capabilities seem unlimited.

•she is exceptional in the arts of

magic. She can levitate objects (and herself if he needs to stop from falling) and transform objects to other things. She can also fire a concussive blast from her horn string enough to break rocks. She also had limited capabilities in dark magic as well. She can also create force fields as well. She has a crap ton of load of other spells as well, but it is impossible to tell the limits of Twilight's powers.

•she is capable of teleporting short distances easily and is possible to teleport long distances as well

•she is the most intelligent of the mane six. This is due to her time reading everything she can get her hands on. This has helped her solve numerous problems in the past and has helped her get out of tough situations. The point being Twilight has tons of facts in her head which she could use in battle.

Weaknesses:

•Unicorn magic requires concentration and effort, as Twilight explains to Spike in "Feeling Pinkie Keen", and in "Lesson Zero" she says she needs a line of sight to undo the spell. This means that if Twilight can't see her target or can't concentrate she won't be able to land a hit in her target.

•Her over reliance on her books have led in the past to not being able to handle a situation properly. 

•As talented as she is most of her spells misfire or fail. There have been numerous occasion when her spell fails or misfires. Such as the come to life spell in "winter wrap up".

•while it isn't a weakness it should be noted that he had trouble doing the age spell which she states is "only for the highest level unicorns". This implies that she isn't at full potential yet and thus can't perform highly advance spells.

Rainbow Dash:

Strengths/ Abilities:

•as a Pegasus she can manipulate the weather. She can manipulate the clouds to create lightning/thunder and can manipulate the clouds precipitation. She can also create and control tornados

•she is very durable and resilient. She can smash through trees and solid rock and get right back up.

•she has some moves like the buccaneer blaze (which is so amazing it can't be shown on screen) and somehow it causes an explosion.

•she is a very capable flyer, able to make 90 degree turns with ease.

•she can fly to speeds up to five times the speed of sound. This is apparent by the Mach cone that sometime forms around Rainbow as she flies which proves she has broken the sound barrier. And the angle which proves she can reach Mach 5. Upon reaching Mach 5 she inters hypersonic speeds to create the Sonic Rainboom. When she reaches this she doubles in speed reaching Mach 10 speeds and is still capable of making 90 degree turns. The sonic boom itself completely shatters the visible light spectrum. Not to mention the sonic boom itself is strong enough to split solid rocks and shack mountains.

•She is also a black belt in karate as seen in "Call of the Cutie".

Weaknesses:

•Rainbow is confident in her abilities that she sometimes forgets to watch for her limits. This confidence also tends to make her lazy sometimes as well.

•She is also brash and arrogant, usually the first to rush into a fight without a plan in mind. Relaying solely on her abilities

Well after looking at my facts over and over again it seems like a tough choice. Twilight may be able to use her magic against rainbow, but if rainbow is flying too fast or moving around too much she won't be able to hit her. Twilight is more then capable of handling herself, but let's say she is in a tornado. If she can't concentrate she won't be able to teleport out safely. However Rainbow's nature may lead her to charge in the fight, not realizing the danger she is putting herself into.

All in all I have to give Rainbow Dash this win. Twilights concussion blast may hurt Rainbow, but she has smashed through trees and rocks so her durability is high. Rainbow's speed and agility will be more then enough to avoid Twilights attacks. While Rainbow may be confident in her Abilities, she is also aware of her limits and the dangers she may face (as seen in "Wonderbolts Academy"). While Twilight may be powerful most of her spells are for non-combat use. Most of her spells are for tricks, simple task, etc. Rainbow also has access to the weather control which will cause problems for Twilight. Rainbow's speed, weather munpulation, and durability will eventually wear out Twilight. 

The winner (based on my analysis):

Rainbow Dash

• Brohoof 4

Twilight is a force to be reckoned with! Her magic is very powerful and gives her an advantage in many aspects. However render her without her magic and she is a goner toward Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash- VERY fast, agile, and never backs down from a fight. If she had the opportunity to find a weak spot in twilights magic... it would be over for twilight. 

Its a hard decision but Twilight would win only due to her magical capabilities. 

There is some misconception I have found in people saying Twilight is too powerful. To some extent yes, but there is a problem.

Most of Twilight's magical abilities are gag and non-combat related. She  isn't training to fight and thus she doesn't have a lot of combat spells.

Keep in mind I am using the current Twilight from the show. If we were to use future Twilight or Twilight from the fan-fics the same would have to be done for Rainbow.

HOLD IT!!

Twilight had the ability to transform objects. Couldn't she transform Rainbow to I don't know an orange?

Well maybe yes, but mostly no. In "Too many Pinkies" she has a hard time Turing an apple into an orange. When she turned the bird and frog to oranges, she did it by accident because pinkie distracted her. In other words she has trouble transforming thing on her own. Keep in mind that to do so requires concentration and effort, an in the heat of a battle she may not be able to do so.

OBJECTION!!

Twilight is still powerful an more then capable of handling herself in battle. Eventually she will take down Rainbow with her powerful spells.

Maybe, but there is a problem. Twilight's magic isn't unlimited. Prolonged use of magic will eventually wear her out. In "Magic Duel" during her confrontation with Trixe, Twilight is clearly tiring out after using several spells in an instant. Also in "Crystal Empire" princess Cadence in clearly shown to be exhausted from prolonged use of magic. In other words if the battle is going in for to long, or most of her spells aren't getting though, then she will eventually wear herself out.

HOLD IT!!!

Twilight can shot a concussive blast able to split rock. Won't that help?

Yes, but ultimately Rainbow's durability may counter this. Countless times Rainbow has crashed through trees, rocks, and even roofs and has gotten right back up without any serious injury. This proves that Rainbow is extremely durable and would be more then able to handle Twilight's blasts.

Objection!!!

Twilight has a force field spell. Won't that hold out Rainbow's attacks?

Yes. In fact it could pretty well stop most of Rainbow's attacks, BUT there is a catch. To create a force field one requires concentration and effort. As I mentioned before in "crystal empire" Princess Cadence was exhausted from prolonged use of a force field. If I know my force fields, I takes more power away from the power source if the fore field is constantly being attacked. If Rainbow is constantly attacking the force field with powerful attacks (remember she destroyed a barn in a nuke like way), the attacks may eventually wear Twilight out since as I mentioned before she can't use too much magic for prolonged periods of time.

back to the battle:

Ultimately she is too fast. Sure she may get hit at first, but she isn't dumb. She is more then smart enough not to fall for the same trick twice. Her speed and flying skills are more then enough to avoid Twilights attacks and she is fast enough to hit quick and hit hard. Twilight's most powerful spells will eventually weaken her making her more able to be take down.

Now I can put out more facts and figures, but numbers don't make the victor. They are both great characters capable of handling difficult situations. The core of the victor is in their character and the one that has more capabilities. Twilight studies all the time. She mostly trains her magic skills and learns a ton of facts. Twilight has to rely on her magic to get out of tough situations. And that's the point. Twilight for me is a character discovering what she never had and improving her magic skills under Princess Celestia's orders. For her it is about discovering about herself and finding out her destiny rather then trying to improve herself to be the best.

Rainbow in the other hand is fast, athletic, agile, can manipulate the weather, and can fight (as I mentioned it was show in "Call of the Cutie" she is a black belt in karate). She tries to prove she is the best there is and is constantly training to improve herself in every way possible, not relying solely on one aspect of herself. And that's the point. Rainbow is constantly trying to prove she is the best and thus improves every skill at her disposal. She will not hesitate to help her friends an uses all her skills to help them. In short Rainbow is about trying to be the best by improving herself  and proving herself worthy of a title instead of trying to find out about herself. She knows what she wants and will work hard to reach that goal.

So what happens when you put someone who is trying to be the best against one who is trying to discover herself instead of being better then everyone else? Well only one has more will to prove herself then the other to go all out.

In the end the victor for me is still: Rainbow Dash

Note:

I am not here to create bloodshed. I just happen to forget to add some facts to my previous post. If you still pick Twilight, that is fine. These are my opinions only. I am sorry if this has offended anyone or it seemed like I was dissing people. I don't want to creat enemies. I just wanted to point some things out. If I have offended anyone in any way I am truly sorry.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 months later...

I know they're both friends. But I came up with this topic. Because I believe these are the two most popular ponies in the show. I think Twilight is the most know pony since she was a character before G4.However Rainbow is the most popular pony. I have to get off to work right, now. So you guys just kick start the conversation and I will post back later

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/More-Twilight-vs-Rainbow-Dash-285331067

Twilight Sparkle kicks her plot in a fight, even as a filly she would kick adult rainbow dashes plot so far she wont be able to go double rainboom.

If you mean as a character then Twilight wins too. Rainbow Dash is overrated

Not gonna be a huge fanboy or anything, it'll be a pretty difficult fight. Twilight has the powerful magic and Rainbow Dash has the super fast, intense speed.

Let's see some advantages and disadvantages:

Rainbow Dash:
Advantages:Flying, speed, strength, athletic, martial artist, ability to create a huge explosion.

Disadvantages: Aggressive, over-confident

Twilight Sparkle:
Advantages: Flying, powerful magic, smart and tactical, teleportation, telekinesis.
Disadvantages: Huge comparison in speed with RD, no experience in martial arts

There my be a lot of stuff I missed out on, but I think it could end either way. They're not going to take turns hitting each other just waiting for the opponent to make their move, it's non-stop moving, attacking, dodging and it'll be very tiring. So that could be another advantage for Rainbow Dash, because of her stamina, Twilight gets exhausted after using some of her magic as well.

I can't say whose going to officially win yet. The old me would say Rainbow Dash straight away because she's my favorite character, but I have to be fair and think about the other person now xP

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I am a massive Dashi fan, she is my all time favorite pony, Twilight is 2nd. Now I am going to be fair and not bias at all. But even though I think both are capable of beating each other. I think in terms of probability.. Twilight would emerge the victor more times than Dash.

Twilight is possibly the most powerful character in the show and she can even fly now. At the final scene in season 3's finale she flies at a pretty fast speed. The problem is Twilight would hold back in her fight against Dash. Rainbow's only two moves that would prove effective are the buccaneer blaze and the sonic rainboom which can split solid rock. I will explain more in detail later

EDIT: I also think the reason why Rainbow is one of the series most popular characters is because she is more relatable in many respects. She is also rebellious, laid back, yeah she's cocky... But she's an individualist. While Twilight on the other hand is a girl scout and at times can be very uptight. It's a thing most of us can relate too since we as a society don't really trust our government officials. Like when Twilight sucks up to Celestia

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

Hmm....It's pretty diffcult to say which one of them would win.

I'll come back once I fully analyze Twilight and Rainbow's abilities.

This is very simple for one reason. Twilight has magic. As shown in the series, Twilight can stop and hold on to ponies' bodies. Therefore, she could easily tear RD apart or crush her brain/ internal organs. Magic ftw.

I'm pretty sure Fluttershy was the most popular pony last time i checked the polls. Anyway, Twilight is an Alicorn so with out a doubt if they were going for the kill Twilight would take RD out pretty quickly i'd imagine. Sure RD has more physical strength but it's not much use when you're up against some pony who can wield magic.

• Brohoof 1

I know they're both friends. But I came up with this topic. Because I believe these are the two most popular ponies in the show. I think Twilight is the most know pony since she was a character before G4.However Rainbow is the most popular pony. I have to get off to work right, now. So you guys just kick start the conversation and I will post back later

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/More-Twilight-vs-Rainbow-Dash-285331067

Your topic, 'Twilight VS Rainbow Dash. Who would win?' has been merged with 'Twilight Sparkle vs Rainbow Dash: Fight for Friendship', as they both discuss the same battle between the same characters. A tip for you, since you really enjoy making new topics, is to take extra care in using the search feature to make sure things don't already exist :3

Even though Rainbow Dash is my favorite Mane 6 character, and well the thing is Twilight has an advantage with her skills in magic. But we can't count Dashie down. They both have their factors and disadvantages.

I'd have to go with Twilight. She is a egghead after all and a great strategist. Rainbow Dash is the opposite and would jump in without much thought meaning Twilight would be a step ahead of her.

I have some erans to do, then I will come back and give a more detailed answer

There is some misconception I have found in people saying Twilight is too powerful. To some extent yes, but there is a problem.
Most of Twilight's magical abilities are gag and non-combat related. She  isn't training to fight and thus she doesn't have a lot of combat spells.

Keep in mind I am using the current Twilight from the show. If we were to use future Twilight or Twilight from the fan-fics the same would have to be done for Rainbow.

HOLD IT!!
Twilight had the ability to transform objects. Couldn't she transform Rainbow to I don't know an orange?

Well maybe yes, but mostly no. In "Too many Pinkies" she has a hard time Turing an apple into an orange. When she turned the bird and frog to oranges, she did it by accident because pinkie distracted her. In other words she has trouble transforming thing on her own. Keep in mind that to do so requires concentration and effort, an in the heat of a battle she may not be able to do so.

OBJECTION!!
Twilight is still powerful an more then capable of handling herself in battle. Eventually she will take down Rainbow with her powerful spells.

Maybe, but there is a problem. Twilight's magic isn't unlimited. Prolonged use of magic will eventually wear her out. In "Magic Duel" during her confrontation with Trixe, Twilight is clearly tiring out after using several spells in an instant. Also in "Crystal Empire" princess Cadence in clearly shown to be exhausted from prolonged use of magic. In other words if the battle is going in for to long, or most of her spells aren't getting though, then she will eventually wear herself out.

HOLD IT!!!
Twilight can shot a concussive blast able to split rock. Won't that help?

Yes, but ultimately Rainbow's durability may counter this. Countless times Rainbow has crashed through trees, rocks, and even roofs and has gotten right back up without any serious injury. This proves that Rainbow is extremely durable and would be more then able to handle Twilight's blasts.

Objection!!!
Twilight has a force field spell. Won't that hold out Rainbow's attacks?

Yes. In fact it could pretty well stop most of Rainbow's attacks, BUT there is a catch. To create a force field one requires concentration and effort. As I mentioned before in "crystal empire" Princess Cadence was exhausted from prolonged use of a force field. If I know my force fields, I takes more power away from the power source if the fore field is constantly being attacked. If Rainbow is constantly attacking the force field with powerful attacks (remember she destroyed a barn in a nuke like way), the attacks may eventually wear Twilight out since as I mentioned before she can't use too much magic for prolonged periods of time.

back to the battle:
Ultimately she is too fast. Sure she may get hit at first, but she isn't dumb. She is more then smart enough not to fall for the same trick twice. Her speed and flying skills are more then enough to avoid Twilights attacks and she is fast enough to hit quick and hit hard. Twilight's most powerful spells will eventually weaken her making her more able to be take down.

Now I can put out more facts and figures, but numbers don't make the victor. They are both great characters capable of handling difficult situations. The core of the victor is in their character and the one that has more capabilities. Twilight studies all the time. She mostly trains her magic skills and learns a ton of facts. Twilight has to rely on her magic to get out of tough situations. And that's the point. Twilight for me is a character discovering what she never had and improving her magic skills under Princess Celestia's orders. For her it is about discovering about herself and finding out her destiny rather then trying to improve herself to be the best.

Rainbow in the other hand is fast, athletic, agile, can manipulate the weather, and can fight (as I mentioned it was show in "Call of the Cutie" she is a black belt in karate). She tries to prove she is the best there is and is constantly training to improve herself in every way possible, not relying solely on one aspect of herself. And that's the point. Rainbow is constantly trying to prove she is the best and thus improves every skill at her disposal. She will not hesitate to help her friends an uses all her skills to help them. In short Rainbow is about trying to be the best by improving herself  and proving herself worthy of a title instead of trying to find out about herself. She knows what she wants and will work hard to reach that goal.

So what happens when you put someone who is trying to be the best against one who is trying to discover herself instead of being better then everyone else? Well only one has more will to prove herself then the other to go all out.

In the end the victor for me is still: Rainbow Dash

Note:
I am not here to create bloodshed. I just happen to forget to add some facts to my previous post. If you still pick Twilight, that is fine. These are my opinions only. I am sorry if this has offended anyone or it seemed like I was dissing people. I don't want to creat enemies. I just wanted to point some things out. If I have offended anyone in any way I am truly sorry.

I will give you more details later. I got to take my brother to the dentist. But I think Twilight has unlimited magic that hasn't been tapped into yet. I have a theory that she subconsciously created mental barriers to lock away her true potential. In cutie mark chronicles Rainbow's rainboom caused Twilight to discharge an incredible amount of energy. As for Twilight being tired against Trixie. I don't think it was because Twilight was drained. I think she just couldn't accept what Trixie was doing and she got nervous. Twilight at her current stage is most likely half the power of Celestia at a young age of 20.

• 1 year later...

Twilight would definitely have the upper hand, but we must remember that part of her most powerful magic comes from Rainbow Dash herself. If RD was positioning herself against Twilight then the element of Loyalty would be removed from Twilight's magic source (in two ways). So although Twi would still have pretty powerful magic, it wouldn't be at full power.

Twilight Sparkle, obviously.

I would say that Dashie has a clear advantage being able to fly, but Twilight's coronation took care of that.

She does have an advantage in speed, but I'm sure Twilight may have some kind of slow time spell in her egg head somewhere.

I dunno, just seems to me like Twilight has the upper hand here. Even if Dashie did manage to come close to Twilight, she has proven more than once that she can levitate ponies with her magic.

Twi for the win. ^^