@

Oh man, M.A. Larson wrote the season three finale! Say what you want about it, but now I KNOW this is going to be fantastic. Some things to look out for are his snarky references to pop culture and ability to incorporate them pretty well with the overall execution of the story. By my count he's wonderfully finished Magic Duel which was like watching Star Wars Episode V and The Dark Knight Rises at the same time. I expect great things from this episode.

Edited by Alfonzo Dennard

Doesn't MLP have a history of making the season finales be exactly the opposite of what we expect them to be? Let's have a look:

Season 1 finale name: The Best Night Ever

What it actually was: The worst night ever.

Season 2 finale name: A Canterlot Wedding

What it actually was: The revealing of a plot overthrow Canterlot by siphoning their abundance of love followed by an epic fight which would determine the fate of Equestria. Oh right, there was something about a wedding in there too, but I don't remember much about that...

Conclusion: Based on past season finales, what we think we currently know about the S3 finale is probably wrong.

This is one of the reasons I don't make expectations of episodes. If I do I know I'll be wrong. Plus all it will do is make me worry.

I just watch episodeds as they come and enjoy them for what they are and not or what I want them to be. This is how I have enjoyed MLP without worries.

Hakuna Matata :)

Edited by Phoenix237
  • Brohoof 1

Um, hello, why can't Cadence get coordinate to protect the Crystal Empire? Its More logical.

Though personally, I've believed the elements of harmony are the reasons for alicorns, and the mane 6 will become alicorns.

Still, the point is, the commercial is nondescript. It stays too generic.

• Brohoof 1

img-5871-1-img-5871-1-img-5871-1-shadow_

Tulpas: TwiReales, & Orson.

So you fear that changing the character would make her worse? I can understand that, but it's a logical progression. 

One thing is developing and changing character through genuine situations and challenges. Not by unnecessarily giving her the great magical powers of a pseudo deity. Why give her such a thing while her character progression so far has been phenomenal by it just being simple and to an extent realistic? Twilight has been growing with her natural talents and instincts, and I can keep seeing her getting even farther as a great individual this way.

• Brohoof 1

Um, hello, why can't Cadence get coordinate to protect the Crystal Empire? Its More logical. Though personally, I've believed the elements of harmony are the reasons for alicorns, and the mane 6 will become alicorns. Still, the point is, the commercial is nondescript. It stays too generic.

A Coronation is a ceremony by which one becomes royal. We can be sure there will be a coronation of some sort, and people just seem to assume that means someone becomes an allicorn.

One thing is developing and changing character through genuine situations and challenges. Not by unnecessarily giving her the great magical powers of a pseudo deity. Why give her such a thing while her character progression so far has been phenomenal by it just being simple and to an extent realistic? Twilight has been growing with her natural talents and instincts, and I can keep seeing her getting even farther as a great individual this way.

See above point: A coronation doesn't give someone magical power. It just makes them royal. Now think about what you've just said. Twilight already gained the power. She's been doing it for the whole series.

For all we know, Twilight could remain a Unicorn, and this whole thing could have just been a joke. (Although I highly doubt that'll happen.) Anyway, I don't want to watch the commercial. I'll just be completely surprised when the final episode airs. :P

My OC

Stay pony my friends

"And ALWAYS remember...to never forget." - Someone who I'm sure has said this before I did

I'm definitely betting the title refers to Cadence. In the season opener, that pony was all "zomg its the crystal princess!", and we never really heard anything more about it. Definitely needs following up, and it would give them a reason to spend more time in the Crystal Empire. We'll probably learn more about it in the games inspector episode. I wonder if that one will be in the Empire, Canterlot, or somewhere else?

I don't think Twilight's going to be taking on any royal duties or anything, in any case. Although the commercial does say "achieve her destiny", so there must be something big happening right now, and not just moving onto the next phase of her studies... unless whatever phase that is somehow is her destiny... maybe she will sprout wings, and the "next phase" refers to mastering her alicorn powers, which will take all of forever?

Ya know, when I see other people comment on the idea of Twilight becoming an Alicorn Princess in this upcoming season finale, most of them seem to say, "Twilight's getting unfathomable magic power that will make her outclass all her friends, thereby disrupting the very foundation of the show. They should have waited for the end of the series."

When I think of Twilight becoming an Alicorn Princess, I say, "Twilight's getting wings."

If Alicorn Princesses were so overclassed, how come the Wonderbolts are called the best fliers in Equestria and not them? When have they thrown super-fun parties, communicated with every manner of animal on an intimate level, designed fabulous clothes, or made the finest baked goods in Equestria?

And will being a princess make Twilight stop being a lovably dorky egghead?

She's a powerful unicorn as it is. Her friends are proud to have her as a friend because of that (albeit not exclusively). Getting wings won't change any of that. And even if she and her friends do feel uncomfortable about it, if any one of them fails to understand a single point I've brought up, then I pray that episode's lesson will enlighten them and, in turn, all of the fans who may continue to reject the idea of change.

• Brohoof 1

Ya know, when I see other people comment on the idea of Twilight becoming an Alicorn Princess in this upcoming season finale, most of them seem to say, "Twilight's getting unfathomable magic power that will make her outclass all her friends, thereby disrupting the very foundation of the show. They should have waited for the end of the series."

When I think of Twilight becoming an Alicorn Princess, I say, "Twilight's getting wings."

If Alicorn Princesses were so overclassed, how come the Wonderbolts are called the best fliers in Equestria and not them? When have they thrown super-fun parties, communicated with every manner of animal on an intimate level, designed fabulous clothes, or made the finest baked goods in Equestria?

And will being a princess make Twilight stop being a lovably dorky egghead?

She's a powerful unicorn as it is. Her friends are proud to have her as a friend because of that (albeit not exclusively). Getting wings won't change any of that. And even if she and her friends do feel uncomfortable about it, if any one of them fails to understand a single point I've brought up, then I pray that episode's lesson will enlighten them and, in turn, all of the fans who may continue to reject the idea of change.

This. Exactly this. People seem worried that the implication of Twilight becoming an allicorn--which isn't even remotely hinted at, mind you--would ruin the series or even end it. That's not even remotely the case. Maybe she'll gain more magical power. Maybe she'll be given extra duties, or maybe she's just powerful enough, now, to be considered a princess-in-waiting. Whatever the case, I'm sure this episode will be great, and I'm sure there will be at least one more season.

Yes, I know there's a thread that talks about the Season's 3 finale, any mod can merge this with the existing thread if this needs to be merged. The reason I'm making it a separate thread, is to discuss a particular theory that just occurred to me.

Now, most of the people are saying something about Twilight becoming a Princess, whether permanently, temporally, or just the chance/possibility of it happening.

I was glad to find that I wasn't the only one who thought of Princess CADENCE, rather than Alicorn Twilight. :P However, I have a theory that indirectly involves her. And it's with something that came out LONG before Season 3 was even aired.

Does anyone remember THIS pony?

69170__.jpg

Some of you might not, but in an epiphany of mine, I remembered her (probably also thanks to a blog from XrosOver as well, you could say, because the word "baby" when talking about Cadence having a baby brought some memories to me. Thanks man! ^_^ ). But regardless, that's right. Princess Skyla. That toy that came around, according to EQD's timepost of it when it was reported, not sure when was the exact date, AUGUST 8TH. And yet, after all this time, not a single clue about this pony had come. Not a single one.....................................

What if the Princess Coronation, was not about Twilight becoming a Princess....... was not about Cadence, and her formal presentation as one of the rulers on The Crystal Empire or similar.......................... but rather, about the coronation of Skyla? We still don't know anything about her (or at least as far as I know), but remembering her, and given all this, I'm thinking that her appearance might be the most plausible thing here. :huh:

So... what do you all think?

• Brohoof 15

Oh man, I forgot all about her.  Now this is a theory I can get behind.  It makes sense that they would want us to think that the coronation is about Twilight.  I would like this.

• Brohoof 3

Soundcloud-------------------Facebook---------------------------Youtube

They look very similar but saying she's the new character I think is a bit off. I think the episode is going to be about twilight and people need just acknowledge that. There are some Ponies from past generations that resemble G4 ponies.

null_zps360f67c4.png

So the Princess Coronation is for a Sweetie Belle recolor with wings attached? 'Cause you know Sweetie Belle as a princess wouldn't be a bad idea.

Poorly thought out jokes aside, I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to pull something like this, though I'd still probably prefer it to Alicorn Twilight. Problem is, the theory still has holes with "Twilight's Destiny"

Edited by Megas75

Wow, i've never seen that toy but the name actually fits the idea very well.  SKYla would have an interesting conotation to it just as the names Celestia and Luna do.

• Brohoof 1

For I have saved your soul in the heavens, and now save it on the ground. - TwilighCelunaCircuits

It makes sense that they would want us to think that the coronation is about Twilight.

Hasbro and DHX might as well be preparing a very big surprise... now whatever happens, I'm giddy. :lol:

I think the episode is going to be about twilight and people need just acknowledge that.

I'm not saying the episode isn't going to be about Twilight. Like this guy said:

Problem is, the theory still has holes with "Twilight's Destiny"

The clip from The Hub mentioned one pony finding her destiny and putting Twilight on the spotlight, so it's definitely Twilight's destiny we're talking about. Why not have something big that happens during the coronation of Skyla, that requires Twilight to do something big? After all, it wouldn't be the first time that what was mostly a Twilight episode, introduces new characters, while using a plot that gets very diverse. A Canterlot Wedding did that in a sense.

Cadance and Shining Armors kid?

Nobody knows, I believe. However, the idea of Twilight becoming a mentor seems really nice! :D

Edited by Arcanel

So the Princess Coronation is for a Sweetie Belle recolor with wings attached? 'Cause you know Sweetie Belle as a princess wouldn't be a bad idea.

Poorly thought out jokes aside, I wouldn't put it passed Hasbro to pull something like this, but in a sense, I'd still probably prefer it to Alicorn Twilight. Problem is, the theory still has holes with "Twilight's Destiny"

Though i'm still far behind a professional fan fic writer, and miles away from an "in the business" profession writer, I have learned a few things.  One thing i've learned is that there are several thousand ways to word something and write a scene.  The thing is, I have a theory on our studious unicorn.  It's quite possible that during the coronation for Skyla, they have a smaller "knighting" style ceremony for Twilight.  What makes me think about this is Star Swirl The Bearded, and a possible position he held. 

Perhaps for over several hundred years, no pony was worthy of holding a position of an Arch Mage that he did, or some similar high magical user position.  Even though Twilight admitted during the Magic Duel she didn't have the power to cast high level spells such as the age spell, she is still quite the potent caster.  Princess Celestia could be training Twilight to fill that role Star Swirl held, with it being a magical guardian/research of Equestria.  The adorkable pony has an even greater potential because she can utilize the elements of harmony alongside her friends. 

There is only one thing that makes me pause.  That is Celestia sending Twilight off to Ponyville to learn about friendship.  It makes me wonder if the regal mare did this so her student could learn about honesty, loyalty, kindness, laughter, and generosity.  We learned in the return of harmony that if each pony becomes corrupted, the element becomes rather worthless.  With 1 surpreme user of the elements, you reduce the risk of this problem.  If Twilight does utilize all 6 elements of harmony at once, it does make me wonder if she will become an alicorn due to their power.  However, until we see the episode, there is nothing set in stone. 

All we know is that the finale episode is called "Princess Coronation" and Twilight shall face her destiny.  Both are extremely vague with their ambiguity leaving a lot in the air.  It could certainly be about Princess Cadence being "Crowned" Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, Princess and Ruler of the Crystal Empire. 

Definition of Coronation off of Webster's:

the act or occasion of crowning; also : accession to the highest office

At the end of the 2nd episode of S3, we see her leaving the Crystal Empire with Shining Armor.  This probably means she isn't officially the ruler, and some information revealed during the episode makes it so she is a descendant, or is "THE" missing," Crystal Princess.

It's also quite plausible that viewers could get a surprise as this little filly says "Hello auntie Twilight" with the unicorn fainting from the site of the filly.  Again, it's really up in the air.  However, with all of that said, i'm still going to remain optimistic. 

Edited by Genepool
  • Brohoof 1

My opinion is that if Twilight were to be coronated, she wouldn't necessarily have to become an alicorn. If Cadence is a princess and her brother married her, technically she is now royalty.

However, I quite like the idea of this "Skyla" pony. That would be awesome.

• Brohoof 1

Though i'm still far behind a professional fan fic writer, and miles away from an "in the business" profession writer, I have learned a few things.  One thing i've learned is that there are several thousand ways to word something and write a scene.  The thing is, I have a theory on our studious unicorn.  It's quite possible that during the coronation for Skyla, they have a smaller "knighting" style ceremony for Twilight.  What makes me think about this is Star Swirl The Bearded, and a possible position he held. 

Perhaps for over several hundred years, no pony was worthy of holding a position of an Arch Mage that he did, or some similar high magical user position.  Even though Twilight admitted during the Magic Duel she didn't have the power to cast high level spells such as the age spell, she is still quite the potent caster.  Princess Celestia could be training Twilight to fill that role Star Swirl held, with it being a magical guardian/research of Equestria.  The adorkable pony has an even greater potential because she can utilize the elements of harmony alongside her friends. 

There is only one thing that makes me pause.  That is Celestia sending Twilight off to Ponyville to learn about friendship.  It makes me wonder if the regal mare did this so her student could learn about honesty, loyalty, kindness, laughter, and generosity.  We learned in the return of harmony that if each pony becomes corrupted, the element becomes rather worthless.  With 1 surpreme user of the elements, you reduce the risk of this problem.  If Twilight does utilize all 6 elements of harmony at once, it does make me wonder if she will become an alicorn due to their power.  However, until we see the episode, there is nothing set in stone. 

All we know is that the finale episode is called "Princess Coronation" and Twilight shall face her destiny.  Both are extremely vague with their ambiguity leaving a lot in the air.  It could certainly be about Princess Cadence being "Crowned" Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, Princess and Ruler of the Crystal Empire. 

Definition of Coronation off of Webster's:

At the end of the 2nd episode of S3, we see her leaving the Crystal Empire with Shining Armor.  This probably means she isn't officially the ruler, and some information revealed during the episode makes it so she is a descendant, or is "THE" missing," Crystal Princess.

It's also quite plausible that viewers could get a surprise as this little filly says "Hello auntie Twilight" with the unicorn fainting from the site of the filly.  Again, it's really up in the air.  However, with all of that said, i'm still going to remain optimistic. 

If you haven't written a fanfic, do it. NOW. :mellow: I don't care if it ends up being just a "What if" situation. Write it. :D

Regardless, the knighting thing is actually very intriguing! In the small clip, Twilight is seen with the big crown thingy ( :P ), so actually, something similar to the knighting act, might as well be very plausible. Interesting theory my friend. :D Also, if the bolded part happens. I'll laugh. Loudly. And so will many others. Probably say "D'aww" too. :lol:

Well, this just surprised me. A pony named Princess Skyla, sounds something that could benefit the Season 3 finale. But even if Twilight were to be coronated, there is a undeniable fact that she is still Royalty nonetheless since her brother Shining Armor is married to Cadence and if my memory is correct. A heir to the throne could be line for Twilight, and being a Alicorn could change everything.

Twilight isn't becoming a princess. That would be ridiculous and silly, you silly people you. No, what Hasbro is actually doing is turning Twilight into a dragon, because even that makes more sense than making her an alicorn.

Princess Skyla is returning to over throw Celestia and Luna as well.

You heard it here first.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

Signature.png