Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

And with this post; I become a Pony! Just thought everypony everypony should know!

Welcome of the club. :D

It's a long road to the next level though.

• Brohoof 4

Always thought the same thing, the bad things Sweetie does seem to always get ignored, especially in Sisterhooves Social it was at least as much Sweets fault that everything escalated the way it did.

It's the same with things the other mane6 do, many people sadly seem to hold different standards when it comes to Rarity.

Applejack lies: OK?

Pinkie Pie is grumpy: OK?

Fluttershy is mean: OK?

Rainbow Dash abandons her friends: OK?

Twilight fails a spell: OK?

Rarity is greedy: WORST PONY! SHE IS HORRIBLE! SHE DOES NOT LIVE UP TO HER ELEMENT OF HARMONY!

Unlike the other elements of disharmony, greed is natural. Also, generosity involves giving. Besides, Rarity owns a business. I bet if we Rarity sell a dress and charge them a price, even if it's reasonable, they will get mad thinking she's not generous because she's not giving it away for free. She knows the price to sell things and the importance of profit. 

Yes, she's the element of generosity. No, she's not going to give everything away for free or undersell her dresses.

If it takes 200 bits to make a dress, 220 bits would be a reasonable price. 190 bits would be too low, and she would lose her business. If she gave everything away for free, she would definitely lose her business. 

• Brohoof 7

Eeyup... Rarity haters seldom make any sense... 

My response to them?

JgbMYxz.gif

Heading to do some housework.. but since we were discussing it earlier...

I leave you with this:

13581__safe_rainbow-dash_rarity_animated

Edited by The JLmle
  • Brohoof 7

She is likely second only to Twilight in terms of intellect. As someone who

I'm wondering how you figure that.  I haven't seen any proof about her int. stat at all.

Pinkie knows everypony's birthday and all the cool folklore.

Rainbow has near photographic memory (if she tries). (testing testing).

(Twily may even be third by those standards.) 

Flutters knows all about animals. 

I haven't seen any evidence one way or the other about how smart Rarity is.

What am I missing?

• Brohoof 1

Applejack lies: OK?

Pinkie Pie is grumpy: OK?

Fluttershy is mean: OK?

Rainbow Dash abandons her friends: OK?

Twilight fails a spell: OK?

Rarity is greedy: WORST PONY! SHE IS HORRIBLE! SHE DOES NOT LIVE UP TO HER ELEMENT OF HARMONY!

Unlike the other elements of disharmony, greed is natural. Also, generosity involves giving. Besides, Rarity owns a business. I bet if we Rarity sell a dress and charge them a price, even if it's reasonable, they will get mad thinking she's not generous because she's not giving it away for free. She knows the price to sell things and the importance of profit. 

Yes, she's the element of generosity. No, she's not going to give everything away for free or undersell her dresses.

If it takes 200 bits to make a dress, 220 bits would be a reasonable price. 190 bits would be too low, and she would lose her business. If she gave everything away for free, she would definitely lose her business. 

My reaction to those people:

• Brohoof 3

I'm wondering how you figure that.  I haven't seen any proof about her int. stat at all.

What am I missing?

How she outwitted the diamond dogs, and generally how easy it is for her to get people to do what she wants.

The fact that she is a highly successful business owner, even though she did not start with much in an a province nest. She had to work herself all the way up, against all odds, and managed to get quite famous, only with her talent and CUNNING to help her.

And just the fact that Flutters knows much about animals, Rainbow has a photographic memory, and Pinkie can recall everyone she saw is not a sign of exceptional intelligence.

• Brohoof 5

Unlike the other elements of disharmony, greed is natural. Also, generosity involves giving. Besides, Rarity owns a business. I bet if we Rarity sell a dress and charge them a price, even if it's reasonable, they will get mad thinking she's not generous because she's not giving it away for free. She knows the price to sell things and the importance of profit. Yes, she's the element of generosity. No, she's not going to give everything away for free or undersell her dresses. If it takes 200 bits to make a dress, 220 bits would be a reasonable price. 190 bits would be too low, and she would lose her business. If she gave everything away for free, she would definitely lose her business.

I usually see Rarity's moments more an issue of pride than greed. Pride is healthy if controlled, but Rarity is still learning and growing. Also, her freaking world view and dreams have been nearly crushed so many times her reaction to challenges are borderline Saintly

As far as the economics ... I can give you canon, partial canon, and headcanon arguments that show that Rarity may be running a business, but it many ways she is running an art charity.

As far as headcanon I'm sure she has a sliding scale of sorts ... friends (which are numerous) are likely free or next to free ... and clients like Sapphire Shores pay something as they can afford it. Of course they usually get oodles of precious gems with the completed product so ... the dresses are likely worth more than what you pay for them.

Minecraft Pony does not need to worry about money. I bet you any amount of gems that Rarity is a philanthropist  :D

• Brohoof 7

How she outwitted the diamond dogs, and generally how easy it is for her to get people to do what she wants.

The fact that she is a highly successful business owner, even though she did not start with much in an a province nest. She had to work herself all the way up, against all odds, and managed to get quite famous, only with her talent and CUNNING to help her.

And just the fact that Flutters knows much about animals, Rainbow has a photographic memory, and Pinkie can recall everyone she saw is not a sign of exceptional intelligence.

Oh!  I'm judging this differently.

She clearly has the highest social intelligence.  But when you talk about int without modifiers I usually think ability to learn facts quickly.

• Brohoof 4

Oh!  I'm judging this differently.

She clearly has the highest social intelligence.  But when you talk about int without modifiers I usually think ability to learn facts quickly.

Intelligent; Quick Thinking; Adaptable; Witty

While Twilight may be the acknowledged as the brains of the Mane Six outfit, Rarity shows that she is far from vapid herself. She very quickly gets the number of the Diamond Dogs, and outfoxes them thoroughly by the end of the episode. In The Crystal Empire, she not only learns a traditional hat-making method overnight, but also manages to think up excuses for Spike’s sudden departure in order to keep the crystal ponies from realizing something is wrong. She came up with a great idea to explain why they had a fake Crystal Heart, which Applejack totally ruined. She also showed her ability to learn things quickly when she volunteered to work on Cadence’s hair, and despite skipping a step, she managed to correct the resulting disaster in time (Game Ponies Play). She also delivers her fair share of snarky lines.

There you go. She does learn / pick up things very quickly in some cases. She also thinks fast on her feet. And coming up with witty things to say also indicates intelligence. Plus her vocabulary is second only to Twilight's.

• Brohoof 6

Yep.

Confirmed in ComicCon 2014 that the comics are basically canon ... so Rarity is a business genius. (thanks go to Ghostie for originally cluing me on to that). Before then It was my headcanon that she was because her talent would require someone with an amazing intellect to balance it's use, and not devalue the entire bit based currency and take down the entire Equestrian economy.

She is amazing in how freaking astute she is!

What am I missing?

Here is my daily drop the mic moment.

full.jpg

• Brohoof 7

Yep.

Confirmed in ComicCon 2014 that the comics are basically canon ... so Rarity is a business genius. (thanks go to Ghostie for originally cluing me on to that). Before then It was my headcanon that she was because her talent would require someone with an amazing intellect to balance it's use, and not devalue the entire bit based currency and take down the entire Equestrian economy.

She is amazing in how freaking astute she is!

I especially liked when she helped Flax Seed and Wheat Grass get out of the gutter.

• Brohoof 4

Rarity is not second to Twilight. Rarity is the smartest pony.

Twilight may be book smart, but she lacks common sense

Applejack is life smart but not so much book smart

Pinkie Pie has great memory but not good with facts

Fluttershy is good with facts but not so good with life

Rainbow Dash is good with observation, but she's not book smart

Rarity is book smart, life smart, observation smart, good with facts, and has common sense. She may not exceed in any of those fields, but her balance makes her the smartest pony. 

That made no sense, did it?

Rarity's intelligence:

Great vocabulary

Mature (See Ponyville Confidential)

Great with business

Able to get out of a situation with her wits

Great memory assuming she didn't measure the Mane Six (Being able to remember their sizes)

Can go on about facts about mythical creatures. (Second only to Fluttershy in that knowledge) 

Rarity is a genius. 

• Brohoof 7

Rarity is book smart, life smart, observation smart, good with facts, and has common sense. She may not exceed in any of those fields, but her balance makes her the smartest pony. 

That actually makes the most amount of sense of anything I have ever read. Bravo, good sir, bravo! 

• Brohoof 5

That actually makes the most amount of sense of anything I have ever read. Bravo, good sir, bravo! 

Hey a Tavi fan. Welcome to MLPF

duet___rarity___octavia_wallpaper_by_tzo

Well , we will agree to disagree on Twilight Sparkle's intelligence then.

Rarity_puts_pony_ears_on_Twilight_EG.png

• Brohoof 7

Rarity's intelligence:

Great vocabulary

Mature (See Ponyville Confidential)

Great with business

Able to get out of a situation with her wits

Great memory assuming she didn't measure the Mane Six (Being able to remember their sizes)

Can go on about facts about mythical creatures. (Second only to Fluttershy in that knowledge) 

Rarity is a genius. 

I do think that Twilight has the most raw intelligence, she is unmatched when it comes to absorbing and retaining information.

I think Rarity however is the best when it comes to actually using and applying her formidable intelligence to various situations.

• Brohoof 5

I believe Twilight to have the highest IQ of the mane 6, with Rarity following behind her in second place. Both have a wide vocabulary and display a great amount of knowledge, but Twilight does beat out Rarity in terms of intellect.

However, Rarity is in first place of the mane 6 in terms of having social intelligence. Rarity is very charismatic and street smart, there's no denying that - she's business savvy and is amazing with people, thinks on her feet and knows how to handle most situations, and won't remain flustered long and will be able to work her way out of a pinch, whether it be stronger characters threatening her like in "A Dog and Pony Show" or having to throw something great together last minute to save her career like we saw in "Rarity Takes Manehattan" - she knows how to use her brain to work out of a pinch and doesn't need to turn to a book she read or research she performed, like Twilight - Twilight's social intellect and street smarts would be non-existent if she didn't read so much, but with Rarity, it comes natural and she's able to do it on the spot with little to no prior experience, so I do believe Rarity runs away with first place in the social intellect category, with Twilight coming in the middle of the pack at best.

Hence, why I believe Rarity to be smarter than Twilight - she's much more well balanced out and it's a lot more natural with her. If she read like Twilight did, I honestly believe she'd blow Twilight out of the water.

Plus, look how pretty she looks reading :wub:

tall.png

• Brohoof 10

I believe Twilight to have the highest IQ of the mane 6, with Rarity following behind her in second place. Both have a wide vocabulary and display a great amount of knowledge, but Twilight does beat out Rarity in terms of intellect.

However, Rarity is in first place of the mane 6 in terms of having social intelligence. Rarity is very charismatic and street smart, there's no denying that - she's business savvy and is amazing with people, thinks on her feet and knows how to handle most situations, and won't remain flustered long and will be able to work her way out of a pinch, whether it be stronger characters threatening her like in "A Dog and Pony Show" or having to throw something great together last minute to save her career like we saw in "Rarity Takes Manehattan" - she knows how to use her brain to work out of a pinch and doesn't need to turn to a book she read or research she performed, like Twilight - Twilight's social intellect and street smarts would be non-existent if she didn't read so much, but with Rarity, it comes natural and she's able to do it on the spot with little to no prior experience, so I do believe Rarity runs away with first place in the social intellect category, with Twilight coming in the middle of the pack at best.

Hence, why I believe Rarity to be smarter than Twilight - she's much more well balanced out and it's a lot more natural with her. If she read like Twilight did, I honestly believe she'd blow Twilight out of the water.

Plus, look how pretty she looks reading :wub:

Yep yep. If you all really want the Rarity int breakdown. Here is where she excels at using current psychological values and definitions.

Musical Intelligence - I don't believe that I need to go into detail here. Only one song rivals hers and that is The Smile Song, and it isn't because of the vocals. All of Rarity's songs are pitch perfect gems, and that note ... that oh so beautiful note in Hear the Music In You. Here is a great example. That moment when they zoom on the castle? If you don't get chills ... you're not alive.

Logical-Mathematical Intelligence - See my above comments about being a business genius. Also, you need to understand complex geometry and math to make the art she does.

Interpersonal Intelligence - This is what you are all calling 'social intelligence'.

Interpersonal intelligence is the ability to understand and interact effectively with others.  It involves effective verbal and nonverbal communication, the ability to note distinctions among others, sensitivity to the moods and temperaments of others, and the ability to entertain multiple perspectives. 

Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence - Unicorn Master Race

Bodily kinesthetic intelligence is the capacity to manipulate objects and use a variety of physical skills.  This intelligence also involves a sense of timing and the perfection of skills through mind–body union. 

Dude, she practically turned her shop and home into a scene from Poltergeist. This is no ordinary Unicorn!

20121023020243!Rarity_uses_her_magic_to_

Linguistic Intelligence

Linguistic intelligence is the ability to think in words and to use language to express and appreciate complex meanings.  Linguistic intelligence allows us to understand the order and meaning of words and to apply meta-linguistic skills to reflect on our use of language.

Spatial Intelligence - The 'artistic' intelligence not associated with musicality

Spatial intelligence is the ability to think in three dimensions.  Core capacities include mental imagery, spatial reasoning, image manipulation, graphic and artistic skills, and an active imagination.  Sailors, pilots, sculptors, painters, and architects all exhibit spatial intelligence.

Final analysis

Rarity actually is more balanced across the board per our own understanding of mental acuity. 

ba2ix.jpg

• Brohoof 8

Some things to take care of here:

1. @Auriel, you have the highest score on my silly game, so here is your prize:

crown_of_rarity_by_eheroflareneos-d4jpor

2. Did someone mention Minecraft pony?

3. Yes, yes, Rarity is a genius.

4. I'm in so much pain right now, the only thing that can help is...

Rarishy!

somewhere_only_we_know__rarishy__by_star

Now to get back to wallowing in... whatever it is dental surgery victims wallow in. :confused:

• Brohoof 6

Some things to take care of here:

1. @Auriel, you have the highest score on my silly game, so here is your prize:

crown_of_rarity_by_eheroflareneos-d4jpor

2. Did someone mention Minecraft pony?

3. Yes, yes, Rarity is a genius.

4. I'm in so much pain right now, the only thing that can help is...

Rarishy!

somewhere_only_we_know__rarishy__by_star

Now to get back to wallowing in... whatever it is dental surgery victims wallow in. :confused:

Rarity knows your pain Piano! I sincerely hope you feel better soon.

rarity_after_dentist_by_rapidstrike-d6j2

• Brohoof 7

I wonder what Rarity is reading?Probably some romantic novel...

Yessss! :wub:

There is no doubt in my mind that she is a total hopeless romantic :please: Actually, isn't that pretty much canon?   :please:

*sigh*...I know I'd try to romance her. I'd buy her all these fancy flowers and jewelry and stuff and completely drain my wallet....but it'd be worth it :wub:

large.png

• Brohoof 4