Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only true Twilight Sparkle fan?

Dolphanatic

I've never known a character who thinks and acts just like I would. Especially in a day and age where being analytical and studious are usually shown in a negative light. I'm not sure if I can say this about most of the other fans. This is mostly due to the fact that a lot Twilight Sparkle fans couldn't be more shallow in their reasons. She's often misportrayed in fan labor, being either stereotypically "nerdy" in some fanfics, while too "normal" in others. It doesn't help that there's so much saucy fanart that radically warps her humble character, which frustrates and me and makes it embarassing to say she's my personal favorite. I wish people could just like her for who she really is, instead of some shallow stereotype. I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.

img-1119869-1-hitting_the_books_by_regol

Feel free to reply, I'll be glad to explain this further.

P.S. This is my first post on this site.

Edited by Dolphanatic
  • Brohoof 6

Welcome to the forums

first..... 'True' Twilight Sparkle fan....... so are there fake Twilight Sparkle fans? :/

moving on, no you are not the only Twilight Sparkle fan we there are many on the forums, there just all ninjas 

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 8

Dispite my profile picture, Twiight Sparkle is pretty much my favorite.  At any given time it can be Trixie or Fluttershy though too.  I think with season 2 and 3 Twilight has really taken the lead.  I like her just the way she is because she is also very much like me.  I also agree that she is very humble.  Not overly humble in the way Fluttershy is either but certainly more humble than any of the other 4.  She also is great when insane and over-reacting.  Much the same way I get.

• Brohoof 1

Oh believe me, you are far from the only Twilight Sparkle fan in existence.  I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it hundreds and hundreds of times since the day I first stood proudly beside the Brony banner one year ago, and will probably say it many more times: "Twilight Sparkle is best pony." 

Also, welcome to the forums.  :)

Edited by Hawk
  • Brohoof 3

Twilight's a really popular character; if she's not my favorite, then she's certainly be second-favorite by a close margin. I mean, what's not to love about her? She's our cute bookworm, the main character, and very well-written.

Even her breakdowns are great.

Twlight Sparkle is amazing. She is sooo much like me, in the fact that I am obsessed over books, and most likey have OCD. In the  beginning of the series she was antisocial, like I was, and 5 ponies came along and bam, magic of friendship. That's kind of the same thing with me, except only with one friend. Not only does she remind me of me, she amazing power skills that I TOTALLY wish I had. Purple is one of my favorite colors.

(Yes, I'm a Pegasister, not a Bronie)

Well, no, you're not alone. To be honest my favorite is Pinkie Pie, because she helps me through my anxiety. I always watch videos of her when I feel sad, and I usually feel a bit better. That's why Pinkie is best pony.

Twilight on the other hand is the one who I'm like, which makes me love her too. She's smart, kind, humble and just adorable. /)^3^(\

@@Mindrop

Carl Jung. Just for that you have earned my respect. :3

Twi's a close second for me, tied with Applejack. I had no love for her at the start but she's grown a lot, and now she's one of the strongest personalities in the show.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight Sparkle is certainly my favorite pony becase my personality is almost exactly like her's. There was even a time when, just like her, I used to be antisocial but then discovered the magic of friendship.

I like twilight because I can relate to her so much. I hardly think you are going to be the only "true twilight fan", I think you just relate to her a little differently than other people is all

I like her for the same reasons you do. She's smart. Not nerdy. Just smart, and that's a good quality to have. I find her quite easy to relate to. I think she's not as popular just because not as many people can relate to her, compared to, for example, Rainbow Dash. 

She is my favorite of the mane six (tied with Applejack), for those reasons and many more. 

Hey, twilight sparkle best pony! And my personality is the exact same as hers!!! And ghats personality based off Carl Jung's work!

Introverted sensate? That's what I typed her as, due to her (to my eyes) blatantly obvious inferior intuition. I'm the same type as her, too. 

Anyways, I have to say that I feel iffy about your phrasing "true fan". Who decides what makes a true fan and what makes a shallow fan, and why are they mutually exclusive? What if someone connects with the idea of "nerdy" Twilight that you view as a stereotype and loves her for her nerdy moments? Does that make them not a true fan? 

I think that the only entry fee to being a true fan of a pony is to appreciate them. 

I thought Twilight was the most popular favourite character by vote. Well, guess it varies but there are certainly no shortage of Twilight fans. She's my favourite because I relate to her, but even if I didn't, there isn't really a 'wrong' way to be a fan of a character (if you aren't suggesting that with the use of the term 'true fan', then just ignore me).

Only Twilight Sparkle fan? Ok-

Sorry.

Anyways, we have a handful of TS fans on this site, probably as much and probably more of a fan of her then you are. Welcome to the forums anyways. I like TS, i'm a mix between RD and TS.

It's impossible to be the "only true fan" of anything...

and I do mean.....ANYTHING.  

I personally love Twilight (Platonically) and think she one of the best characters by far.

While Twiley isn't my favourite, she's a great protagonist in my opinion. She is such a well rounded character, her negatives are as clear as her positives. She is a character that strives on getting better and learning. She realizes her mistakes and attempts to correct them. And she even sometimes makes the same mistakes again, just like a real person sometimes does. Twilight's personality and situations highly resonate with realistic personality traits and scenerios.

Introverted sensate? That's what I typed her as, due to her (to my eyes) blatantly obvious inferior intuition. I'm the same type as her, too. 

Anyways, I have to say that I feel iffy about your phrasing "true fan". Who decides what makes a true fan and what makes a shallow fan, and why are they mutually exclusive? What if someone connects with the idea of "nerdy" Twilight that you view as a stereotype and loves her for her nerdy moments? Does that make them not a true fan? 

I think that the only entry fee to being a true fan of a pony is to appreciate them. 

Close, but she is an INTJ, Introvert, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging. I can't find the best page that describes the typologies, but their is good info out there.

BTW, anyone wanting to find out there personality, go to human metrics, its free.

Bro, I'm going to have to ask you to step down because I'm pretty sure anyone here would vouch for me that I'M in fact the "true" Twiilight Sparkle fan here. I mean, I could go on forever as to why, but I'll spare you the trouble.

I digress. Welcome to the forum. Get used to really strange and obscene things happening here. Once you get used to that, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Message me any questions or concerns you may have, I'd be delighted to help.

• Brohoof 2

I'm also a Twilight fan. One thing I really liked about the show is that Twilight is portrayed as someone who enjoys learning in it's own right and takes it seriously. She's asocial by choice, not because she's unable to communicate or has low self-esteem or not pretty or something else demeaning to introverts. Media tends to portray intelligence and/or introversion as something wrong or inferior that needs to be 'fixed'. It's quite strange for her to not only be treated positively, but also be (essentially) the main character as well.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle is one of the most popular characters even among the Mane 6 so of course you are not the only fan of her. As for "true fan" I hate those debates over who is a real fan and a fake fan, she is often portrayed as stereotypically nerdy in fanfics for the sake of humor at least in most of the ones I found and there are even some examples of this in the show. As for the "saucy pictures", well rule 34 dosen't seem to be your thing and that is fine but I don't think someone enjoying that makes them less of a fan. I have many times that Applejack is my favorite but Twilight Sparkle is a very very close second for me in part because I have alot in common with both of them.