Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Huh. Actually not such a bad idea...although I think that if anyone did have a motto, they could just stick it in their Interests or About Me. Or throw it in their signature. But still, more room to talk about me on my profile is fine by me.

CD, you're late.

A Draconequus is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

I don't see an issue with this, overall. It's an incredibly simple add with no real tech knowledge required obviously, and it's unique enough to be its' own section. In some ways, it could offer people who do not have a subscriber status to have something in the way of a title, too, sort of.

Unless some of my kindred spirits have a big problem with this that I'm overseeing as I sit here with my glazed donut holes, then I say go for it.

--

Just like to let everyone know we've currently discussing profile field additions, including but not limited to this current suggestion. We haven't forgotten the topic ^^

• Brohoof 5

CD, you're late. A Draconequus is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

I see somepony else likes lotr, huh? ;)

Anyways this sounds like an okay idea I guess. I wouldn't really use it myself but hey, why not?

Oh. My. Faust.

This is from 360, right? Anyway, glad to see CD approves of this. I fully support this idea.

Woah! Cool idea! I would to have this added! And maybe instead of just displaying it in your profile, maybe we can include it somewhere everytime you make a post in a thread here. That way, everpony can see it more (similar to member title)!

But this is an awesome idea. Would be fun to add! I like adding more customization to my profile. :P So I think I'd like this!

Woah! Cool idea! I would to have this added! And maybe instead of just displaying it in your profile, maybe we can include it somewhere everytime you make a post in a thread here. That way, everpony can see it more (similar to member title)!

That would completely defeat the purpose of the member title. We're still working out the details, but I can guarantee that a future "motto" field will not be shown in topics.

• Brohoof 3

@, Oh thanks a lot for that.. The last thing I want is two member titles in the posts.. I mean "motto" will be the same as member title almost.. But you know.. Longer.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that some fairly common contact methods do not have dedicated fields on the Contact Methods section of the user control panel:

img-1187469-1-i-6bS6Dv8.png

I suggest adding fields for Twitter, Gmail, Tumblr, and Reddit. Those websites/services are used commonly. I don't like the idea of adding a field for Facebook, though, as that could be a privacy issue due to its nature. Those other websites do not provide, as strongly, an inherent privacy issue. 

I believe we are in the progress of coming up with different profile fields for that section, I know that MSN should be axed as I believe that Microsoft is killing it off

Okay, sounds good.

• 1 month later...

Dat play on words

Okay, simply this. Motto section on profiles!

Make it happen. :v

I noticed that some fairly common contact methods do not have dedicated fields on the Contact Methods section of the user control panel:

I suggest adding fields for Twitter, Gmail, Tumblr, and Reddit. Those websites/services are used commonly. I don't like the idea of adding a field for Facebook, though, as that could be a privacy issue due to its nature. Those other websites do not provide, as strongly, an inherent privacy issue.

I've merged your topic together as they are both suggesting new profile fields. We've added a few new ones, and may add more soon. Personal Motto, Favorite Forum Section and three (one's not done yet) MLP:FiM fields as well. Others may be added soon.

• Brohoof 2