Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the Only One Who Doesn't Like Scootaloo?

Admiral Colt

I really don't know why, but for some reason Scootaloo just... Irritates me. I like the other two CMCs, and just about every other pony, but for some reason, I don't like her. What's even weirder is that Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony too.

So tell me if you have any explanation for this and please don't hate me for saying this, because I know there's a lot of Scootaloo fans.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not a huge fan of Scootaloo either. I hated the CMC at one point, but Sweetie Belle grew on me.

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo..I still really don't like.

The only reason I liked "Sleepless in Ponyville" was because of Luna. ^_^

The reason I don't like the CMC is because I don't like little kids. They're annoying, don't see the obvious, don't listen, irritate me..

I only liked the Babs Seed episode because of the song. It was very catchy.

Maybe you find her fangirlism for Dash annoying? The fact she's overly obsessive with Dash? That's the only reason I can even begin to think of, because frankly Scoots is very, very similar to Dash in way of personality; she's daring, adventurous and a tomboy like Dash is. I love Scoots, best CMC, because to me it's those things that make her character adorable and interesting to see develop. Sleepless in Ponyville only solidified her as my favorite, because she got some nice character development, right along with Dash. The two are now surrogate sisters, best of all.

I dunno :3 Maybe you're just crazy. Always a distinct possibility.

Well since, Dash and Scoots both have a similarity in personalities like ~CD~ said. I like the CMC, but out of the three Scootaloo is my favorite. But I guess we are all open, to our opinions.

I don't mind her, but I like Sweetie Belle much better. I just feel that, compared to Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo doesn't really have her own personality. She's basically filly Rainbow Dash.

That's just how I see it, though. I know plenty of people will disagree with me.

Maybe you're jealous that she gets adorable wing hugs and you don't? I've been there before :(

I've always been a pretty big Scootaloo fan but I know you're not alone in your dislike of her.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

"Am I the only one who doesn't like Scootaloo?"

My response: Yes

Now that's out of the way, I think the biggest appeal most people have with Scootaloo is that she's arguably one of the most underdeveloped characters in the show, even more than AJ(whom I personally don't see as underdeveloped), and that since she is usually seen as a main character, many fans really want to know more about her.

Though I understand why some wouldn't find her appealing, Not everyone will like everypony

YES

Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell and Applebloo and (meh) Babs = THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADAHS

I like her personality. She's funny. Sweetie Bell has suddenly become incredibly adorable though. Like the "daw" readings are off the charts. HNG

Wait, we're talking about Scootaloo. She has a great voice actor!

i was like you once. Hated Scootaloo for unknown reasons. Then i started getting cynical about her. saying things like she worships false idols(yeah i don't know either) and trying to be something she wasn't by emulating Rainbow Dash. Scootaloo also reminded me of a really annoying kid who looked up to me so there was alos that.  All of the sudden, i browsed some SFW artwork of Scootaloo x Rainbow Dash and i went D'awww and instantly liked Scootaloo. Maybe you need to do that before you can say you hate or dislike her.

i was like you once. Hated Scootaloo for unknown reasons. Then i started getting cynical about her. saying things like she worships false idols(yeah i don't know either) and trying to be something she wasn't by emulating Rainbow Dash. Scootaloo also reminded me of a really annoying kid who looked up to me so there was alos that.  All of the sudden, i browsed some SFW artwork of Scootaloo x Rainbow Dash and i went D'awww and instantly liked Scootaloo. Maybe you need to do that before you can say you hate or dislike her.

You really don't know how much I've tried to like her... I've read fanfics, looked up artwork, rewatched any CMC episodes, and looked up fanimations. I just don't know why. I really don't. All 2 of my brony friends like her, but I just can't like her. I've tried SOO hard. Putting hours into her character, trying to like her. But I just can't stand her... I mean seriously, da fuq? I wanted to, but every time she appears on screen my skin cringes.

Don't think I'd go as far as to say that I don't like her but I do find her somewhat dull compared to the rest of the cast. RD is nowhere near my favourite pony though but that might just be the problem with you. RD/Scoots can't really be a unique pony with the other acting very similarly.

To start with I don't consider the CMC central characters just supporting cast for the six mane. Rainbow Dash isn't my most favorite pony and I think of even less for Scootaloo. So you're not alone on that second part of that sentence.

I don't really like her either dude, it's not that I hate her or anything, but I just don't like her character, you know, like a tom-boy but really young, I'm not a big fan of that. But I do like the CMC, because Sweetie Belle is my favorite pony, and Apple Bloom is cool too. It's specifically me though, my likes and dislikes of certain characters, so maybe I'm not exactly helping, but I wanted to share so :P

I don't dislike Scootaloo but she IS my least favorite out of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, probably because she doesn't appeal to me in the same way Sweetie Belle does as a cute character. Plus I can relate to Sweetie Belle in some ways. I just don't find many things I like about Scootaloo.

I didn't like Scootaloo up until Sleepless in Ponyville, which is one of my favorite episodes.  That episode gave Scootaloo a personality beyond just being a mini Rainbow Dash.  She's almost like a Fluttershy that wants to be a Rainbow Dash, which is cool.  So I like Scootaloo.

• Brohoof 2

I am sure you are not the only one that dosen't like Scootaloo as she is very similar to Rainbow Dash which is one of those chracters that people either love or hate though it is a tad unusual that is the case despite the fact that Rainbow Dash is your favorite pony. Maybe on a subconscious level you feel she is some kind of cheap imitation/clone character of Rainbow Dash. On a somewhat related note Rarity is my least favorite mane 6 character not because I don't like her but because I can't relate to her as a character like I can with most of the others but Sweetie Belle is my favorite cutie mark crusader. Though I think it is because Sweetie is very different from her sister and I can relate to her on that level because I am the odd man out in my family mostly due to my political beliefs.

I'm sure lots of people agree on your views on Scootaloo, I personally love Scootaloo. I don't really do favertism but if I were to I think Scootaloo would be my faverite pony out of all the characters in the entire show. I think she's really cute and adorable, and I find it sweet how she want's to be like Rainbow Dash, plus when she does her scooter moves I think that's cool

You are not alone my friend. I also do not Scootaloo and no amount of cute pics or fan-fic of her have made me like her. My problem is her character just seems so limited. We know next to nothing about this character. We don't know who her parents are? Why she can't fly? We don't even know why she thinks so highly of Rainbow Dash? It feels like she has the same personality as Rainbow Dash and just noting that set's herself apart from her. AppleBloom and Sweetie Bell have at least a few things that set them apart from their sisters, but not Scootaloo.

Also I don't get or even like the episode, Sleepless in Ponyville. First I kinda thought that they already had a kinda sister relationship and it felt pointless to make that an episode. Next that episode did a poor job at looking at Scootaloo character and her back ground. We still know next to nothing about her. Overall I think it was a poor episode. 

I feel at times that Scootaloo is in the same boat as Applejack. That the writhers don't know how to develop her well or even make an episode about her that doesn't involve Rainbow Dash. I would like to see her in an episode where she does not even think about her. 

So I am not a Scootaloo fan and I never will be.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 1

Scootaloo is best pony... well, second best. 

How can you possibly dislike her? Her idolization of Dash reflects the love of a hero that all children share. She is daring, brash (almost) fearless, and just wants to make her hero proud.

So in short, no, I adore Scootaloo

• Brohoof 1

I don't dislike Scootaloo, but I often times find myself crying over her. I know it's stupid but the possibility she has no one, and her only chance for a family is dashy herself. I don't wish for this to be true, but the possibility is more real than most realize. The fact that she obsesses over dash may be because she is so cool, but don't forget:

There could be other reasons as to why she likes her so much. Look at her aspirations and look who she has to share them with-

Sure, she has the CMC, but when it comes down to it, sweetie bell or Applebloom do not share the same goals as scootaloo, save for one:

To get their cutie marks. It makes for a sad story, but I can appreciate what Rainbow does for her. After all, she may need it more than she realizes.

that being said, I don't mind scootaloo that much. Not much at all.  

You really don't know how much I've tried to like her... I've read fanfics, looked up artwork, rewatched any CMC episodes, and looked up fanimations. I just don't know why. I really don't. All 2 of my brony friends like her, but I just can't like her. I've tried SOO hard. Putting hours into her character, trying to like her. But I just can't stand her... I mean seriously, da fuq? I wanted to, but every time she appears on screen my skin cringes.

Wow... you put a lot of effort into trying to like a character... That isn't really healthy, you know? : p

Oh well... best piece of "advice" I can offer is to just accept that you don't like her. I mean, it's normal to appreciate certain character traits, and disapprove of others, no? As long as you're not going to flat out hate her, then you should be fine...I think.

• Brohoof 1

I used to find her rather snobbish, and she was my least favourite out of the three; after the episode 'Sleepless in Ponyville', though, I gained a much greater liking for her. I think that's why they made that episode.