Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane Six Death Battle: Who would win?

TheMarkz0ne

I have been watching a lot of screwattack death battles and I just had to do this. which pony would come out on top if these friends had to fight to the death? I will not flaunt my bias for characters I love. This is a serious analysis. I will describe what ponies fall in battle in order

1.)  Pinkie Pie

Despite being the party girl she has no real core strengths. she is most likely the weakest of the ponies. She would get killed by Twilight. since Twilight is a smart leader and would take out the weakest of their group. Twilight incinerates pinkie pie out of existence

2.) Rarity 

She is not really a fighter, but she can at least defend herself. She would be killed by applejack. apple jack bucks her torso so hard she breaks in half. Rarity is also not an experienced spell caster like twilight which loses her points 

3.) Fluttershy

She is not to be fooled with when she's angry. But her anger has blinded her. She is killed by rainbow dash. rainbow does the sonic rainboom on her which sends fluttershy going 100 mph straight into solid rock. apple jack and twilight survive

4.) Applejack

Despite being the strongest pony she is overwhelmed by rainbow's speed and agility. Rainbow picks her up and drops her from a high height and apple jacks bones collapse within her body

5.) Rainbow Dash

So twilight is the winner. it's no wonder why she is the leader of the group. Rainbow's speed and agility was toppled by twilights ability to use advanced magic techniques to slow her down. keep in mind this is regular twilight I'm talking about not the alicorn one. Twilight stops rainbow dash and impales her in the chest with her horn and shoots and energy spell, thus killing rainbow dash

I really wanted rainbow dash to win, but twilight simply is more versatile than she is. So sorry i migth have killed her your favorite pony. but this is all in good fun

Edited by TheMarkz0ne
  • Brohoof 1

In the main case they really had to beat each other to death, i think Pinkie would win

She can break the 4th wall to simply destroy everyone in the ''field'' imagine her leaving the screen to simply turn everyone off.. the existance. 

Edited by Piodx
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash would propose fighting each other to the death, and then probably punch Fluttershy. Then Twilight would shoot her with a laser. Therefore everyone wins except Dash.

Why are they fighting again?

Edited by Firebolt
  • Brohoof 5

Rainbow Dash and Applejack would probably be the last two standing due to their athletic strength. Twilight would be able to blast them with her horn of magic and just incinerate them.

• Brohoof 1

Do *not* underestimate Pinkie's fourth wall breaking and ability to turn off the laws of Physics.  Plus she has a weaponized Party Cannon.  That said, i agree that Twilight would be Last Pony Standing.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely Rainbow Dash. I mean, she could fly away from attacks towards her. She definitely seems like the strongest pony of the main 6, although her and Applejack seems like she could put up a fight. But I still think Rainbow Dash could win, mostly because she can fly.

Uh, this is a tough one. I really wouldn't know, but I'd either say Applejack or Fluttershy. Applejack is incredibly strong, and Fluttershy is so cute that other characters wouldn't be able kill her.

Why does it have to be a death battle? Why can't it be a nice game of hopscotch or something?

Pinkie Pie would win, and here's why.

• She has her Pinkie Sense - predicting the immediate future. She would counter everypony's attacks before they even attempt to land them.
  • She's as fast as, if not faster than, Rainbow Dash - proven in Party Of One.
  • She can jump up to ten metres high - proven in Too Many Pinkie Pies. Another means of dodging attacks, and makes for ground pounds which she can pull off effectively because she's an Earth pony, the heaviest race of pony.
  • She pulls a Party Cannon out of her damn pocket. We know that one shot from that thing can defeat a Changeling. Two or three would take down any of the Mane 6, maybe four for Applejack.
  • She can defy physics - already proven her ability to levitate in Feeling Pinkie Keen, Putting Your Hoof Down and Too Many Pinkie Pies. She can just walk into the air out of the action. And then ground pound again. Even if a Pegasus tried to take her down in the air, remember the Pinkie Sense.

Yeah, none of them would stand a chance against Pinkie.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 8

Groan. Now we've got the ponies battling to the death? Why not a thread about what kind of high-powered firearm each of the Mane 6 would like best? <_<

What Flipturn said, I guess. Pinkie Pie. Except she wouldn't kill anypony. Maybe a cake to the face, though.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 2

Groan. Now we've got the ponies battling to the death? As long as we're being ridiculous, why not a thread about what kind of high-powered firearm each of the Mane 6 would like best? <_<

Oh come on, it's all in good spirit. None of us are really taking the "death" part seriously anyway, it's being treated more like a royal rumble. Or a game of Smash Bros.

• Brohoof 1

I think Twilight would win for the sole sake of her having powerful magic.

However, I would want Rarity to win. I feel like she'd turn into some cannibalistic monster during this death match scenario type thing XD

Not sure why they would ever fight to the death, though. XD

• Brohoof 1

I am back

You may have seen my analyzes from other vs post and now I'm here.

Battle royal huh

Well like all vs post I see I like to over analyzes things. In case you don't know what this means it means I make an analysis for all to see and declare a winner. That way those who wish to see all capabilities can see them. Seeing how there isn't a lot of info on battle statistics for all characters I'm sure this will be short (hopefully).

Also since this is based on Screwattack's Death Battle I will also add any weapons they may wield. Also since they live in the same universe, all combatants will have knowledge of each other.

Rules

•Combatants have knowledge of each other if they live in the same universe. Their knowledge is limited in what they know or believe

•No outside help

•No fan-fic info

•Battle must end, this means no escaping and returning latter.

•Any noticeable personalities will be implemented

•Now not sure if people want death or not. Either way I feel the result would be the same if it was only to knock out. This is for those who don't want death, but for those who do the result in my opinion would be the same.

Note:

I am using only conon information. No fan-fic info allowed. Also since Alicorn Twilight's abilities probably won't be shown until season 4 I will be using the modern unicorn Twilight.

Now let's get started.

Twilight Sparkle

Strengths/Abilities:

•as a unicorn she has magical Abilites. Normally this would mean her magic is limited, however since her special talent is magic itself, her magical capabilities seem unlimited.

•she is exceptional in the arts of

magic. She can levitate objects (and herself if she needs to stop from falling) and transform objects to other things. She can also fire a concussive blast from her horn strong enough to break rocks. She also had limited capabilities in dark magic as well. She has a crap ton of load of spells as well, but it is impossible to tell the limits of Twilight's powers.

•she is capable of teleporting short distances easily and is possible to teleport long distances as well

•she can also create a force field capable of being large enough to cover her home. BUT it is impossible to determine the strength of this force field.

•Twilight is durable and can handle the pressure of heavy objects. In the episode "Boast Busters" Twilight carried a water tower and an Ursa Minor, both objects that where heavy. Now notice in the scenes with her that she is tiring and the ground bellow her is sinking. According to physics this means that a force is pushing down on her. Notice that even with this force pushing down on her, her body is not collapsing. The means according to Physics that Twilight must be able to the wieght and pressure of an objects that she is carrying. This also gives her great durability as her body is able to handle extreme pressure.

•She seems to have a nack for copying spells she has seen others do. However she is limited by her own abilities. If she isn't trained to handle the spell or strong enough she may not be able to fully copy a spell she has seen.

•she is the most intelligent of the mane six. This is due to her time reading everything she can get her hands on. This has helped her solve numerous problems in the past and has helped her get out of tough situations.

•She is the strategist of the mane six and their groups leader.

Weaknesses:

•Unicorn magic requires concentration and effort, as Twilight explains to Spike in "Feeling Pinkie Keen", and in "Lesson Zero" she says she needs a line of sight to undo the spell. This means that if Twilight can't see her target or can't concentrate she won't be able to land a hit in her target.

•Twilight's magic isn't unlimited. Prolonged use of magic will eventually wear her out. In "Magic Duel" during her confrontation with Trixe, Twilight is clearly tiring out after using several spells in an instant. Also in "Crystal Empire" princess Cadence is clearly shown to be exhausted from prolonged use of magic so that means this law apples to every magic user. In other words if the battle is going on for to long, or most of her spells aren't getting through, then she will eventually wear herself out.

•Her over reliance on her books have led in the past to not being able to handle a situation properly.

•As talented as she is most of her spells misfire or fail. There have been numerous occasion when her spell fails or misfires. Such as the come to life spell in "winter wrap up".

•Most of Twilight's magical abilities are gag and non-combat related. She isn't training to fight and thus she doesn't have a lot of combat spells.

Pinkie Pie

Strengths/ Abilities:

•Pinkie Pie appears to have photographic memory, most notably the ability to remember anything about a person. She will remember what each person will be capable of.

•Pinkie Pie appears to be able manipulate her body. She can twist her neck, inflate herself, squeeze into tight spaces, stretch her neck, etc.

•Pinkie pie is able to break the fourth wall, a force which allowed us the viewer to be separated from the world we are viewing.

•Pinkie can pull items from anywhere for almost any occasion.

•She wields the party canon, a device primarily used for parties. However she did use it in the "Canterlot Weeding" to fight of changelings, so thus the canon can be used for combat.

•She also has a gift for chasing and perusing people. In every event where she was chasing someone they never could escape. Whether this is from speed or teleportation is unknown.

•She also has the "Pinkie Sense". This warns her of danger and what kind of danger she may face, but it also does something more then act as a alarm. It gives her omnipresent detection of her surroundings. This is how in the episode "Mysterious Mare Do-Well" she was able to tell where the debris was going to fall and was able to act accordingly without looking.

Weaknesses:

•she isn't the most serious of the mane six. Even when the fate of Equestria is in their hands, she tends to goof of or not take things as serious.

•while the "Pinkie Sense" warns her of danger it is up to Pinkie to react accordingly. If she does not move or react fast enough she can be hit or be put in danger. This was apparent after she was frozen in fear at the sight of a Hydra, where she clearly saw the danger, but couldn't react accordingly.

Rainbow Dash

Strengths/ Abilities:

•as a Pegasus she can manipulate the weather. She can manipulate the clouds to create lightning/thunder and can manipulate the clouds precipitation. She can also create and control tornados

•she is very durable and resilient. She can smash through trees and solid rock and get right back up.

•she has some moves like the buccaneer blaze (which is so amazing it can't be shown on screen) and somehow it causes an explosion.

•she is a very capable flyer, able to make 90 degree turns with ease.

•she can fly to speeds up to five times the speed of sound. This is apparent by the Mach cone that sometime forms around Rainbow as she flies which proves she has broken the sound barrier. And the angle which proves she can reach Mach 5. Upon reaching Mach 5 she inters hypersonic speeds to create the Sonic Rainboom. When she reaches this she doubles in speed reaching Mach 10 speeds and is still capable of making 90 degree turns. The sonic boom itself completely shatters the visible light spectrum. Not to mention the sonic boom itself is strong enough to split solid rocks and shack mountains.

•she is tenacious and has a never give up aditude.

•She is also a black belt in karate as seen in "Call of the Cutie".

Weaknesses:

•Rainbow is confident in her abilities that she sometimes forgets to watch for her limits. This confidence also tends to make her lazy sometimes as well.

•She is also brash and arrogant, usually the first to rush into a fight without a plan in mind. Relaying solely on her abilities

•Her confidence also tends to make her take challenges she may not be capable of. She prefers to take on a challenge to prove her superiority

Rarity

Strengths/ Abilities:

•She has a gem finding ability which allows her to find gems. These gems can be used as projectiles and it is shown that she can launch objects

•She has a skill of detecting and noticing the slightest of details which may help her in combat

•While at times she may not seem the most serious and doesn't seem to want to fight, piss her off and she enters a rage mode, where she literally wants to hurt you.

•She is more than capable of handling herself in battle as shown in the "Canterlot Wedding"

Weaknesses:

•She can get distracted if what is going on doesn't interest her.

•Like Twilight her magic requires concentration and effort. She is also limited in the amount of magic she can use.

•She doesn't fight unless you piss her off, or the fate of Equestria is resting on her and her friends.

•At times even when on a mission she can get distracted or peruse another goal that suits her interest

Applejack

Strengths/ Abilities:

•Applejack is an athletic pony, capable of running for long periods of time.

•After years of working at Sweet Apple acres she has developed strong rear legs. She is doubtfully the strongest of the mane six in terms of kicking abilities.

•She wields a lasso, which is strong enough to hold down most objects. She is very capable with this lasso and can even snare moving objects.

•She can handle herself in a fight as shown in the "Canterlot Wedding" episode.

Weaknesses:

•She prefers a fair fight and challenge instead of one where she has the advantage.

•Since she spends most of her time working it is possible that she never had time to improve her skills.

•She also suffers from a bad case of pride. This pride at time clouds her judgment and makes her make unwise decisions.

Fluttershy

Strengths/ Abilities:

•as a pegasus she can also manupilate the weather, though she does not seem to do that.

•She has "the Stare" a glare that brings fear to the toughest of creatures.

•Most of the times she is kind and would not fight, but give her a reason, or push her too far and she will push back.

Weaknesses:

•She tends to relay on her friends when in a dangerous situation.

•She does not like fighting

•"the Stare" appears to only work on animals, however this can be disproven.

Okay before I say the result let me make things clear. This is what I came up with after I did my analysis. I am not being bias and picking my favorite character (heck I don't think she won). Also the scenario I will make is what I think will happen based on the characters personalities. Your idea of what may happen will not be the same as mine. Mine is based in the facts I have gathered. The winner is also based on these said facts that I have found.

And without further adu let's begin

Note: if you don't care for the fight and just want a winner then you can skip this part.

Fight

As soon as the fight starts Rainbow Dash will make the first move. She will most likely target Applejack because she wants a challenge and compared to the others, in Rainbow's eyes she will give her the most challenge. Twilight, being the strategist will most likely target Fluttershy as she is the weakest in combat. This will leave Rarity to face Pinkie Pie. Twilight's magic will be too much for Fluttershy, and thus she will beat her. Rainbow Dash and Applejack will fight on and hard, but ultimately Rainbow's speed and arsenal will be too much for Applejack. Even with her lasso, Rainbow is to quick and agile for her to match. Pinkie Pie will be able to avoids Rarity's attacks and could eventually tire her out. This will leave Rarity wide open. Rainbow on the other hand will target Twilight as she will perceive her to be the next most challenging. While Twilight and Rainbow fight, Pinkie Pie will have already have taken out Rarity with her random arsenal. Now at this point Twilight and Rainbow will be fighting hard, and Pinkie Pie may join the brawl because she wants in. Pinkie may be able to avoid some attacks, but she will have a hard time avoiding things like tornadoes. Pinkie will have a hard time with these two since they have the most combat capabilities. Twilight and Rainbow are two powerhouses and they may knock Pinkie out in the crossfigher, what with the elemental abilities, magic blasts, and other things as well. Even with Pinkie Sense, she is limited to her own actions and she can get hit if she is not carful. Rainbow and Twilight will be left alone to fight. Rainbow's tenacity and never give up aditude is what will drive her to continue the match even though she may be tired from the battle with Applejack. Twilight will have some difficulties because the battle has been going on for a while and her magic is draining. However in a moment of truth she finds an opening and hits Rainbow, who's personality kept her from seeing the danger, causing her to lose.

Results

There is a reason why Twilight is the leader of the mane six. Not for strength and speed, but for strategy. Twilight understands the strengths and weaknesses of her friends and would react accordingly. She would target the weakest of the group first and let he others handle the rest. This would get rid of some members while letting the rest who win tire out quicker. Pinkie Pie's not so serious nature will undoubtedly go against her and she would be defeated for not knowing how to react accordingly. By the time Rainbow fights Twilight, she would have already been tired from her fight with Applejack and possibly Pinkie Pie. Her never give up attitude will blind her from danger and her clear limits. Twilight would have taken care of Fluttershy easily and would have been in way better shape for the battle with Rainbow Dash even if she did fight Pinkie Pie.

Winner

Twilight Sparkle

Edited by Phoenix237
  • Brohoof 5

they would all win because they would hug it out.  If you insist they go down this dark road i have 2 scenarios.

If its just a straight up do it right there battle then this is how it will go:

Fluttershy dies first due to her passive nature. who kills her? She does it to herself to save her friends the trouble.

Rarity Is the next to die. Due to her attitude about fighting and getting dirty she is killed by a curb stomp by Applejack who was fed up with her hoity toity attitude.

Pinkie Pie dies by impalement from Twilights horn. 

Twilight puts up a good fight with her magic but since shes still a little wet around the ears she gets overpowered by rainbow dash and applejack who are working together to defeat her. Rainbow Dash disorients Twilight while Applejack bucks Twilights skull in

Applejack dies after a valiant fight with Rainbow Dash. Due to her flying Rainbow Dash flies up and pulls off a sonic rainboom right before killing AJ with the force 

So my favorite pony won. you mad? 

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Twilight I'd imagine, I mean logically speaking she has alot of magical power. So she could proably beat most of the mane 6 really easy, I think the only one who'd put up much fight would be Rainbow Dash, but then again we've seen Twilight hold her in place all the time, so I'm sure she could do that in a actual fight.

However a duel between the Mane 6 is a really unrealistic situation :P. So it would be odd to see them show no mercy to each other.

Wrong, wrong and WRONG. You're all wrong! Fluttershy is sooo adorable, that if anyone of the mane 6 would stare at her for longer than 1 second, they would get a heart attack from the ammount d'aaaaw. I mean just look at her! 

cute_fluttershy_vector_by_termi92-d4rlk2

• Brohoof 3

I shall prove that Fluttershy would win using indisputable logic.

Fluttershy is friends with all animals.

Honey badgers are animals.

So Fluttershy is friends with all honey badgers.

Friends help friends.

Fluttershy is friends with all honeybadgers

So the honey badgers would help Fluttershy

Nothing is more powerful, dangerous, or undefeatable than a honey badger.

So none of the other mane six would be able to defeat them.

So Fluttershy would win.

• Brohoof 1

@@Phoenix237, I applaud the time and thought you put into writing all that out...and you still came to the conclusion that Twilight would emerge the victor.

Of course, some of you have been very succinct as well:

This is a silly question. Twilight's magic is so powerful, that she's on the very edge of becoming an Alicorn. If somehow the need arose, she would just turn the other five into oranges and eat them... Case Closed!

A Canterlot Wedding proved something:  When push comes to shove, five of these girls can really fight, and the sixth one knows how to handle herself in the midst of pandemonium.  But no matter how you slice it, Twilight's powerful magic gives her the edge.  Although she's not trained specifically in military magic like her brother, Celestia has taught her a good amount of combat spells because she will have to defend Equestria from time to time.  I think Pinkie Pie's exotic powers would carry her very far.  But Pinkie doesn't have Twilight's discipline.  And in a death battle, discipline always prevails. 

People overestimate Pinkie's fourth wall breaking abilities way too much. She is able to sometimes break the laws of physics for comedic purposes, she is not the overlord of the damn universe. She can't just 'break reality' and kill everypony. 

That being said, I'd put my money on either Twilight or Rainbow Dash. Twilight's magic has proven to be absurdly powerful, and Dash's speed could give her an edge. 

Rainbow Dash's top speed is Mach 5 without the Sonic Rainboom, I doubt any of the other ponies could even hit her. Although, magic is pretty freaking inconsistent, so you never know. 

Edited by ~Lawful Jordo~
  • Brohoof 3

@@Phoenix237, I applaud the time and thought you put into writing all that out...and you still came to the conclusion that Twilight would emerge the victor.

Of course, some of you have been very succinct as well:

A Canterlot Wedding proved something:  When push comes to shove, five of these girls can really fight, and the sixth one knows how to handle herself in the midst of pandemonium.  But no matter how you slice it, Twilight's powerful magic gives her the edge.  Although she's not trained specifically in military magic like her brother, Celestia has taught her a good amount of combat spells because she will have to defend Equestria from time to time.  I think Pinkie Pie's exotic powers would carry her very far.  But Pinkie doesn't have Twilight's discipline.  And in a death battle, discipline always prevails. 

The other five can fight, but as you say, Twilight has the edge. I was joking about the oranges, but I'm sure she could fire off a spell long before anypony else could make contact and attack her. This is where Teleport will come in very useful (Almost said come in handy!) Twilight could play with all five, wear them out, and then close in for the kill strike!

7671468148_60893a9b29_z.jpg

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

There's one flaw there, OP.

Twilight can't just slow Rainbow Dash down using magic, else she would have done so in S2E02.

Think back to Magic Duel. Magic has some pretty crazy limits if you can't do a gender swap.

With this, I think Rainbow Dash would win.

Wait, is death even canon?

If not, nobody wins.

Edited by Uζεrηλmξ
  • Brohoof 1

There's one flaw there, OP.

Twilight can't just slow Rainbow Dash down using magic, else she would have done so in S2E02.

Think back to Magic Duel. Magic has some pretty crazy limits if you can't do a gender swap.

With this, I think Rainbow Dash would win.

Wait, is death even canon?

If not, nobody wins.

Here Is a problem.

Rainbow Dash has to get close to Twilight to do serious damage to her.

And we have seen that Twiligjt is able to stop Rainbow in flight as seen in the episode "Lesson Zero". She can also provide force fields to stop any major attacks.

Yes Rainbow Dash can manipulate the weather, but keep in mind that Twilight can teleport and use force fields, both spells that don't need her to concentrat on her enemy, but on herself.

Plus Twilight is the strategist of the team.

She understands the strenghts and weaknesses of her freinds and would have plans to react accordingly.

Now I agree about Twilights magic being limited. It was a point I made in one of my earlier posts. Her magic requires concentration and effort. Plus she also needs a line of sight to hit her target.

Rainbow Dash has a weakness as well. She is tanacious and has a never give up attitude, always taking on challenges she may or not be able to achieve. However this also tends to led her to take risks and as I said make her take on challenges she may not be capable of. She preferes to fight head on instead of at a safe distance.

Twilight will know this and will have a plan to react accordingly. The reason I stated that Twilight would win is not for being the strongest, but for being the strategist. Like I said she understands the strength and weaknesses of her freinds and would react accordingly. Tenacity and force can only accomplish so much in a fight and usually it's the one with a plan that ends up victorious.

Keep in mind that I kept all the ponies personalities intact to make things more realistic in one of my earlier post.

Thank you.

Since I have also been watching Death Battle on Screwattack.com this intrigued me to wonder who would win.

I looked at all the facts and tried to leave no current stone unturned to determine the true winner based on what I found.

It wasn't easy, but it wasn't hard as well.

Mostly I did it for fun.