Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn a good thing?

pleasedontcomeback

357 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think Twilicorn is good or bad news?

• Good!
    • BAD!
    • Idk, as long as the show goes on.

And, the show won't end just like that, because Lauren knows about us bronies/pegasisters, and she'll lose fame if she ends the series now.

I hope this was good!

tumblr_m5tyyiF5vN1qbcfk2.jpg

Faust has had nothing to do with the show since halfway through season 2. She didn't like how far they've deviated from what she originally invisioned and left. She hasn't even been able to bring herself to watch it since then because it's so different than what she wanted. She was reluctant to even be interviewed for the Bronycon documentary, even.

• Brohoof 26

And, the show won't end just like that, because Lauren knows about us bronies/pegasisters, and she'll lose fame if she ends the series now.

Faust hasn't been involved in a long time. Twilight isn't done learning, she still has lots to learn. But she also has lots to teach, about friendship and magic and all sorts of good stuff. A lesson I think we all could use. ( I also think she has a lot to learn about dresses, her and Luna both. Those were just atrocious.)

Edited by Brosparkles
  • Brohoof 7

img-1180714-1-tumblr_m5tyyiF5vN1qbcfk2.j

Faust has had nothing to do with the show since halfway through season 2. She didn't like how far they've deviated from what she originally invisioned and left. She hasn't even been able to bring herself to watch it since then because it's so different than what she wanted. She was reluctant to even be interviewed for the Bronycon documentary, even.

TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS.

Edited by PonyLover123

img-1180714-1-tumblr_m5tyyiF5vN1qbcfk2.j

I have to ask, where is your proof that she doesn't like the way the show is going. I don't recall hearing that she left the show on such negative terms. 

• Brohoof 9

I like Alicorn Twilight. To me it seems a natural enough progression, and is befitting. Yes it is a hinge point for the show, yes the show probably will be a little differant, but not unrecognizably so, and I think its an exciting step forward that offers fun new possibilites.

Haters gonna hate...

• Brohoof 5

Bad News: If Twilight is a princess now, it won't be as exciting as it was when she was a unicorn. The reason why is because she won't be writing letters or learning friendship: She'll just be ruling something, and it'll be boring now that she's a princess.

On the other hand, how many seasons would it take for the same old formula to grow stale? While it is true that the show will more or less have to take on a new direction at this point, I think it's a bit premature to say if that new direction will be good or bad.

• Brohoof 13

I don't think the show's coming to an end. Unless the information about season 4 is false, then I think the show is still going strong. I think they'll do a lot with Alicorn Twilight. I think the show is still going to go on just fine.

• Brohoof 1

All of this rests on whether or not Twilight being a Princess and an Alicorn is permanent. Which still isn't concrete yet. So we will just have to wait and see. Personally i don't think this stunt by Hasbro will last 26 episodes of the next season so its a pretty good bet that Twilight is going to encounter something or some series of events which will cause her to "renounce her throne/title" and then she will be able to be a unicorn again.

• Brohoof 3

Basically, we do not know if the alicorn thing is permanent or not. Pretty much there are a lot of questions yet to be answered. Season 4 will hold a lot of new surprises, but the catch is we have to wait months for the season to come back. Besides, this whole drama will blow away after a week or two. As long, as no one pays attention to the banner. :lol:

• Brohoof 3

All of this rests on whether or not Twilight being a Princess and an Alicorn is permanent. Which still isn't concrete yet. So we will just have to wait and see. Personally i don't think this stunt by Hasbro will last 26 episodes of the next season so its a pretty good bet that Twilight is going to encounter something or some series of events which will cause her to "renounce her throne/title" and then she will be able to be a unicorn again.

that would be superb...that would keep me in the show and keep my interest

admittedly...if she renounced I would be even happier...that would be a solid way to make the show in S4

• Brohoof 6

I think one of the developers Twitter accounts leaked that in the first episode of Season 4 Twilight is going to become upset with being a princess and request to be turned back to normal.

That's too bad. I was actually looking forward to Princess Twilight. Opens up some more exploration that could be done with the show. But I trust that they know what they're doing.

• Brohoof 2

That's too bad. I was actually looking forward to Princess Twilight. Opens up some more exploration that could be done with the show. But I trust that they know what they're doing.

Yeah, I think they said the plot they said was: (Scroll over the text for spoilers, I whited it out to avoid unwanted spoilers)

"Spoilers"

At First Twilight is happy with her powers but she soon realizes her princess duties give her less time with her friends so she requests that Celestia turns her back to normal.

*End Spoilers*

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I think they said the plot they said was: (Scroll over the text for spoilers, I whited it out to avoid unwanted spoilers)

"Spoilers"

At First Twilight is happy with her powers but she soon realizes her princess duties give her less time with her friends so she requests that Celestia turns her back to normal.

*End Spoilers*

Do you know which developer leaked this info? Was it from one of the main writers / anyone who works with the cast? That is a considerable spoiler if its true.

You know what, as long as I'm still allowed to draw art of whichever Twilight I feel like, and people still draw art of whichever Twilight, and they both look either awesome or adorable or anything in between I don't care if she a earth pony for crying out loud :P.

Honestly I don't really care that much about what species of pony Twilight is overall, I just care about how she develops overall and how things go for her. And if she still stays good ol twilight at heart then for the most part its irrelevant to me.

I have no real reason to hate her yet seeing as I haven't seen her doing anything I dislike as an Alicorn yet, and like it was posted on one of the producers twitters that this episode actually is split into 3 parts, and we don't even know for sure whether she'll stay this way, or even where the show will go to be honest.

I'm going to have to say out of preference of looks I find Unicorn Twilight to look more adorable overall, however I think Alicorn Twilight can look pretty majestic.

To be honest I do have a bit of preference for Unicorn Twilight, but thats because I've become attached with her design a bit, I'm not going to go crazy if she doesn't change back or something, however I think that its still possible she will, and its really to early to decide besides looks whether or not this change is good.

We're talking about the producers of MLP anyways, they haven't really disapointed me yet, normally they have other shows where there will be bad episodes and good episodes and meh episodes in between or ok and all that stuff. But for me personally atleast MLP really doesn't have an episode I'd consider bad, just some Ok eh episodes, and even those are quite few.

I don't really care overall to much, as long as they don't totally flop Twilights personality a bunch then I'm fine with her being an Alicorn, and as long as she stays with her friends(which she more or less has to considering how the shows about friendship :P, and she cares for them very much.)

So while I guess while I like Unicorn Twilight more Visually, I still think that I could learn to love Alicorn Twilight, and again we don't even know how it'll play out so we can only really judge Alicorn Twilight visually right now like I said, sure we can speculate good and bad, but we never know until S4.

So I'm kinda on the undecided point, I overall liked the episode that turned her into an Alicorn, but whether I care about the actual transformation I find this to early a time to decide for me.

• Brohoof 7

Do you know which developer leaked this info? Was it from one of the main writers / anyone who works with the cast? That is a considerable spoiler if its true.

I think it was the same one who said the episode would be a three parter, if I recall correctly. I don't have the link to it offhand. 

I think it was the same one who said the episode would be a three parter, if I recall correctly. I don't have the link to it offhand. 

You mean Megan McCarthy and this tweet?

https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/302576012804366336

I don't see how that confirms Twilight giving up her Alicorn position. All it really confirms is that Season 4 will likely be a 2- part episode continuing directly from today's season finale.

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

This automated message appears to have been made by the site owner. This is a manually pain-stakingly written post, by the way.

Twilight Alicorn is a good thing. It allows many avenues for plot advancement and I generally thought Twilicorn looks pretty good!

• Brohoof 1

I figure they'll be able to come up with enough interesting ways to play off of twi's new found limbs for a while before it gets too gimmicky. Some people were reluctant when Celestia said the other ponies could write her letters, and I think that turned out alright. We just have to give them a chance, as always, and see what their (professional television writer) minds can come up with. 

• Brohoof 1

You mean Megan McCarthy and this tweet?

https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/302576012804366336

I don't see how that confirms Twilight giving up her Alicorn position. All it really confirms is that Season 4 will likely be a 2- part episode continuing directly from today's season finale.

No, it was a different tweet. I can't find it at the moment, oh well it will have to suffice, as I cannot seem to find it at the current point in time.

Only time will tell whether it was a good thing. As for how I feel about it, I'm against it and always have been. I recognize that it has a lot of potential and could take the show in interesting new directions but several things about it rub me the wrong way and today's episode did nothing to alleviate my worries. Meh. I'll wait this out.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, when I watched that Magical Mystery Cure episode, I ended up less bothered by Twilight becoming an Alicorn as I thought I'd be.

however, I still remain skeptical about it because I don't think the show gave any reason  for us to want Twilight to be an Alicorn nor any reason story-wise to tell us why she should remain one (especially since Celestia and Luna clearly have been running the country just fine without her).

though if this transformation is indeed temporary, I'd be fine with it, at least the the fans that detest the idea won't have to resort to those fan edits I suggested in previous threads.

• Brohoof 2