Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn a good thing?

pleasedontcomeback

357 users have voted

1. 1. Do you think Twilicorn is good or bad news?

• Good!
    • BAD!
    • Idk, as long as the show goes on.

Yes I think exactly how you do. I don't really think the people who over react over twilight getting wings are true bronies. Not at all.

Yeah, we're not "true Bronies"  .  It's not like we can't have any possible legitimate concern with the issue or anything, like the challenges it adds for the writers, the lack of balance it creates for the cast, or anything like that. 

(edited)

Snip

I agree about it being the correct board, but it belongs here in this thread instead of a separate one. Although I do have to give you credit for making the effort to find the correct place for it. Don't worry, I'm sure your video will get plenty of views here.

You know how everybody hates alicorn twilight? Why?!?! I think its awesome! Twilight Sparkle as an alicorn. Its pretty awesome.

Your thread has each been merged with this already existing one dealing with the same subject. Please use the search function to check if a suitable thread already exists before creating a new one.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

The Twilicorn issue DOES NOT mean that MLP:FiM is coming to an end... AT ALL

Hasbro would be insane to end a show that's literally founded one of the biggest followings in modern times.

Lets put love and feelings aside for a moment (Yes I know how hard it is, but trust me)

Hasbro is a company, they run on money, and money comes from merchandising of their shows and such, one of which is MLP:FiM

Which has a HUGE following of ADULT Males.. (And females)

Now...kids dont have their own money, and wouldnt be likely to go out buying ALOT of pony stuff..however, Adult men have jobs, therefore..So long as MLP continues, they have a steady flow of cash coming in from us ^_^

Other then that, Twilight would not be ruling over something, she would be continuing her studies, the only difference is now she is a Princess..they wouldn't just turn that upside down and make her ruler or something.

Trust in Faust and the rest of the crew..they know what they are doing ^_^

/) Bro Hoof to all ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Trust in Faust and the rest of the crew..they know what they are doing ^_^

You know that Lauren Faust hasn't been involved in the show since the middle of Season 2, right? 

Anyway, you have to remember that financially their bread is still buttered on the side of little girls- or rather, the little girls' parents with their disposable income.  Which is a lot more than the typically high school to 20something Bronies.

You know that Lauren Faust hasn't been involved in the show since the middle of Season 2, right? 

Anyway, you have to remember that financially their bread is still buttered on the side of little girls- or rather, the little girls' parents with their disposable income.  Which is a lot more than the typically high school to 20something Bronies.

Yeah I know about Faust, but it's still her vision of the show ^_^

But either way, they are getting alot of money from us.

Dont see a reason as to why they would quit the show now lol

Me, I like it. Of course, it changes everything, Twilight's life, tasks, but it also brings new to the old pattern of episodes. And I don't know about an empire to rule, so she won't have too many royal duties, just learning about leadership...About the rewards, Twilight wasn't rewarded because of her friendship but because she got mature enough to become a princess. The others, they have no such abilities, they aren't the chosen one, Celestia's selected students...I am sure that they will be rewarded too, but there is no way to give them a gift like a pair of wings...

Yes I think exactly how you do. I really have no idea why everypony hates it so much. I think it is really awesome and i like the idea.

And that is great you do I wish I liked the idea but I don't. I don't like the idea because it was way too soon in the story and didn't have nearly enough buildup to it to justify such a massive change risks putting Twilight who is by the way tied with Applejack and Luna for my favorite pony dangerously close to Mary Sue territory by making her too powerful too quickly. That and the reveal of it was completely botched with a rushed season finale which made the whole episode feel like a mere formality for the coronation.

But despite my misgivings I think this can still work if Hasbro lets the writers do their jobs and have made sort of a promise to myself that if I am fully convinced that it will work out I will have a Twilight alicorn as my avatar and sig for a month so if you see me sporting that you will know exactly why.

• Brohoof 1

Not true. Spike at your service in season 3, she made just that one. So she has been involved in season 3 once, but thats really it.

This is the one thing that always seems to pop up that I must entirely disagree on.

"Twilight is aproaching Mary Sue Territory."

I not only think that it is incorrect but I am disappointed to see it thrown around as such. Mary Sue is NOT just how powerful the character is. Mary sue deals with many different aspects of the character.

If we were to use the currently accepted definition of Mary Sue, characters like Gandalf, Voldemort, Superman, Power Girl, and even Timmy Turner with his access to infinite wishes would all be Mary or Gary Sues. Strictly because of how powerful they are.

What makes it so they are NOT Mary Sues are how their weaknesses and characterizations are pulled off in each piece of media and entertainment they have shown up in.

Look at Twilight for example. Lesson Zero being the biggest one. She went batshit nutso over something as silly as being tardy. She is so OCD that almost everyone in the show visibly cringes whenever she goes off on one of her spurts.

She has very little confidence in herself as can be seen by not only how she acts about assignments, but also in Boast Busters when she refused Trixie's challenge.

Of course, these things are quite a bit less prevelant as it sits now, but that is because she is literally growing as a character. They all have since that very first episode.

Fluttershy saying NO to dragon migration, Applejack no longer afraid to ask for help, Rainbow Dash not being a complete tool anymore, etc etc.

As Tara Strong and several others have said, Twilight with wings is not what we are afraid it is. She is still the same pony with the same problems with the same friends. To walk away from the show now or to strongly dislike Twilight before we see season 4 can only be chalked up to how she looks. Not what kind of character she is.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hey, does anyone here have any suggestions on how to cope with Princess Twilicorn?

For me, the best I could think of is wait until the S4 premiere to see how they'll handle her. But then again, I would only hope that in the two-part premiere that they set-up a situation that has Twilight decide between either her friends or royalty, and she picks the former, which wouldn't be a good or healthy coping mechanism.

Any other ways to cope with the change with Twilight Sparkle?

Edited by Commander_PonyShep

Hello!

Deep down, everypony cares, because we all know our little show that we loved won't be the same... It's something totally different we'll have to get used to...

There's no real treatment for this. Twilicorn depression isn't a dissease. It's something that will go away with time...  I personally do hope she returns, but the damage for me has been done, because i already know that these events happened. Well, unless it turns out to have been a dream, then... Great! :P

You'll get over it! Trust me! :)

• Brohoof 3

I'd say, try to hold in your liquid pride.

Everypony knows that we will all forgive, forget, and get over it. It's not like the show will come to a end due to this.

If it does, this gif will describe my reaction.

atomic-bomb-o.gif

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

Deep down, everypony cares, because we all know our little show that we loved won't be the same... It's something totally different we'll have to get used to...

There's no real treatment for this. Twilicorn depression isn't a dissease. It's something that will go away with time...  I personally do hope she returns, but the damage for me has been done, because i already know that these events happened. Well, unless it turns out to have been a dream, then... Great! :P

Question regarding the words I've placed in bold: When you said you'd "hope she returns", you mean normal unicorn Twilight, right?

(edited)

Question regarding the words I've placed in bold: When you said you'd "hope she returns", you mean normal unicorn Twilight, right?

I should have ended the sentence properly to avoid such conffusion... :) Yes, i did mean exactly that! I do believe it would be best for anypony if she were to return to her former state...

Edited by Concord

Personally  I dont see any issue with it.

she wont up and leave her friends, and she will continue her studies, since thats all she really knows.

Not too much will change, Hasbro wouldnt risk losing a big fandom....not that we would leave over it lol

I doesnt matter to me personally I like it because Twilight being an alicorn is so awesome. Besides with twilight being an alicorn she will have some awesome adventures. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Personally  I dont see any issue with it.

she wont up and leave her friends, and she will continue her studies, since thats all she really knows.

Not too much will change, Hasbro wouldnt risk losing a big fandom....not that we would leave over it lol

Some people once said that if such a thing happened, Twilight's ascension to royalty would actually mean nothing. That means that, regardless of what the writers said about themselves writing Princess Twilicorn, they've caught themselves hanging on a tightrope, where any slight mistake upsets that balance.

Besides, the wings are symbolic, not just aesthetic. They represent her newly earned royal-status, meaning that odds are, so long as she keeps the wings, she's pretty much strapped on her new throne 24/7 running Equestria. That would also mean the only way she can truly return to her friends is if she resigns from royalty, and give up the wings to represent her resignation.

But really, other than that, I don't know. Season Four isn't out yet, so again, I don't know as to whether or not they'll set up a situation that has Twilight decide between royalty and friends. But at the very least, the only thing good about being left in the dark, is that I don't know if it's permanent, either.

Edited by Commander_PonyShep

WHY DO YOU HATE TWILICORN SO MUCH?! I think if you just open your mind and give her a chance, have no expectations about her when the premier of season 4 comes, and just not have any bias, I think it'll end up alright. I think giving her a chance is actually a pretty good way to cope with it.

Besides, the wings are symbolic, not just aesthetic. They represent her newly earned royal-status, meaning that odds are, so long as she keeps the wings, she's pretty much strapped on her new throne 24/7 running Equestria. That would also mean the only way she can truly return to her friends is if she resigns from royalty, and give up the wings to represent her resignation.

Twilight isnt running Equestria.....

She is just next in succession....

She will remain with her friends and continue her studies as usual  ^_^

People are too afraid of change, but I think all will go well after ponies give her a chance ^_^

Plus she does look pretty awesome :3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hello!

Umm..

*waves hand*

Hello, Concord

I don't care. It's not going to change the show much. Plus I'm pretty sure *spoilers* she turns back in the season 4 premiere *end spoilers*. 

So there's that.

Edited by ☣Harmonic Revelations☣
  • Brohoof 2