Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tolerate the haters....

SkyGust

I dont know if this topic has been started, but I just want to ask somthing.... How can I stand up to haters? I found this really messed up page on Facebook, and I want to be able to deffend myself without breaking the "love and tolerate rule" which this page always seems to say when someone gets mad.... Any ideas?

You should just ignore that page. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, whether or not we agree with them. The best course of action, in this situation, would be to just avoid conflict. 

• Brohoof 3

there is no rule, personally I don't really even bring up MLP much, but if dealing with a hater, well I just don't talk about MLP, and find something else

this isn't a religion, there is no rules that come with liking a TV show, and anyone who tells you there is, is insane

• Brohoof 3

Just ignore them. Anyone who would criticize you for liking a TV show (and probably one with better writing, deeper and more interesting characters and a better message than anything they watch) isn't worth the time it takes to argue with them. Just watch your ponies and let them waste their lives being mad about it :)

• Brohoof 2

Well , the best thing you can do is ignore them, they are not worth your time, the best thing you can do is be happy with who you are and what you love. Don't mind the haters , they are just a group of sad and insecure people who think they can tell you what to like and what not.

Sorry for my bad English .

Love and Tolerate is a rule?

I was totally unaware of this. Didn't know we had rules that we had to follow by. :|

Just ignore the page. Its not really much you need to do. Just don't pay them any attention. Problem solved.

• Brohoof 2

The only way to win the game, is not to play.

Little do they know that by positioning themselves so close to the fandom they are actually being exposed to incredibly potent levels of HNNNNG and DAWWW.

Assimilation is inevitable.

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 4

I dont know if this topic has been started, but I just want to ask somthing.... How can I stand up to haters? I found this really messed up page on Facebook, and I want to be able to deffend myself without breaking the "love and tolerate rule" which this page always seems to say when someone gets mad.... Any ideas?

Oh, I'm pretty sure I've seen this topic ( or very similar topics) before. It seems to pop up pretty often. I'm not sure where they all end up; maybe buried or fused or sent to purgatory or something.

Anyway, just ignore the haters really. If they are dead set on hating, you're just going to be wasting your time trying to justify your interests. 

Little do they know that by positioning themselves so close to the fandom they are actually being exposed to incredibly potent levels of HNNNNG and DAWWW.   Assimilation is inevitable.

There is nothing inevitable about being around "potent levels of HNNNNG and DAWWW" I have seen some of the worst haters you can imagine because of the meme site that I used to be big on.

If they bother you love and tolerate. Just ignore them.

It's hard for me though I have anger management problems so I might just go "fuck the love and tolerate bullshit".

I hate it how they call us names and when someones dumb enough to respond they go "oh but wat abut ur  luv nd tlrnce.".

It's all fucking stupid how people are losing their shit over someone watching a television show.

Same problem here Edd. I have a problem with anger issues. I was known on memecenter for "fuck love and toleration" I made pony memes and went after a guy named shadowgun that literaly worships hitler and post pictures of ponies being killed by some dumb character from Happy Tree Friends. Besides him I have never lost my nerve against a hater but he was something else.

This is what bronies are supposed to do with haters. I, as I said in the last post, am not always able to do this and sometimes it seems Edd is not able to either.

Like the others, just ignore them. It's the internet so there's really nothing you can do. Besides, defending yourself to that page will make things a lot worse than it is. So you're better off backing off.

also i have never heard of this "love & tolerate rule." i didn't know that even exixts lolololol

• Brohoof 1

here is a video about how to deal with haters

i agree with this video alot and actually helps me alot

so watch the video with a open mind

Saberspark Is really great, he diserves so much more attention. He's made a lot of videos about how people react, and shouldn't react, and generally has a great outlook about the brony fandom.

Ignoring can work, but if you're going to love and tolerate, talk to them about things other than ponies, and maybe something will click. Talking to them as a person, not "as a brony" can do wonders to make people see that we ARE just people.

If they just dismiss you repeatedly over a long time, and keep up the insults, generally never thawing. Then you can start ignoring them.

If you feel you'd get too angry trying to talk to them calmly/normally, then It's better to just ignore them.