Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilicorn  

959 users have voted

1. 1. Do you support Twilicorn?

• Yes
    • No
    • Indifferent

I was pissed at first no doubt about it and became one of the harshest critics of twilicorn on here but, gradually calmed down then got pissed again after watching MMC then calmed down and then became neutral after watching Magical Mystery Cure. But one important thing I would like to note though is that just because someone dosen't agree with or questions a direction a character is being taken dosen't always mean that someone dosen't like said character. Twiliscael is one of the biggest Twilight Sparkle fans on here and he has also been one of the harshest critics of twilicorn, Twilight Sparkle was my 2nd favorite pony when twilicorn was first announced but actually became tied with Applejack and Luna for my favorite pony because it did serve as a reminder of what I like about her as a character. It is not the reminder I would have preferred but a reminder nonetheless. So in other words while I am not completely in support of twilicorn I do support Twilight as a character and want twilicorn to work, Twilight reminds me a great deal of what I was like when I was a kid, back before I discovered my inner Applejack.

I get what you mean you see a lot of your self in twilight and you love her character and you don't want it to be ruined by a plot device. If that happened to fluttershy I don't know what I would do...maybe jump into a speeding car. But am happy you have hope for season 4 I wish more people were like you in fandoms in general:)

I was a little worried at first.  My main concern was that I wouldn't get to see my favorite pony anymore or that she would become overly idealized.  I'm not so worried now and a new set of wings doesn't diminish my Twili love.  A set of wings only doubled her hugging abilities!

I was a little worried at first.  My main concern was that I wouldn't get to see my favorite pony anymore or that she would become overly idealized.  I'm not so worried now and a new set of wings doesn't diminish my Twili love.  A set of wings only doubled her hugging abilities!

Same here.  I thought that maybe we would be getting more of Twi and less of the others.  But I'm pretty sure they will balance it out.  They most likely will do something special since she has her wings now, like maybe Rainbowdash training her how to fly (that would be cool).  But still I'm not the biggest fan of her wings.  And seeing as she is now a Princess does that mean she won't be able do the things she used to do?  Cause it seems like Cadence and Celestia are working mostly on keeping their kingdoms in check than writing letters or just having fun with friends.

Same here.  I thought that maybe we would be getting more of Twi and less of the others.  But I'm pretty sure they will balance it out.  They most likely will do something special since she has her wings now, like maybe Rainbowdash training her how to fly (that would be cool).  But still I'm not the biggest fan of her wings.  And seeing as she is now a Princess does that mean she won't be able do the things she used to do?  Cause it seems like Cadence and Celestia are working mostly on keeping their kingdoms in check than writing letters or just having fun with friends.

My favorite theory that I love to post is that Twilight will become the new Arch Mage of Equestria, kind of like the position Starswirl may have filled.  She would have royal authority, while still having enough time to spend with her friends and research magic.  She could become the new headmistress of the Canterlot magic school and be the ruler of the libraries. :P

My favorite theory that I love to post is that Twilight will become the new Arch Mage of Equestria, kind of like the position Starswirl may have filled.  She would have royal authority, while still having enough time to spend with her friends and research magic.  She could become the new headmistress of the Canterlot magic school and be the ruler of the libraries. :P

I wonder if that means she will get a new house with a GIGANTIC tower on it!  Hopefully she won't have to grow a beard or anything.  That would just be weird.  But yeah you're right and it would be cool to see her make some new spells and such.

My main concern was that I wouldn't get to see my favorite pony anymore or that she would become overly idealized.  I'm not so worried now and a new set of wings doesn't diminish my Twili love.

My main concern was that she would become overpowered too quickly and be a bit too close to the image of "perfect pony princess", one thing is for sure though that even if they do it right she probably will get more attention than the others at first but it will be justified so long as they don't overboard as such a change does require quite a bit of additional character development to actually work. The arch mage idea is a good one and frankly is what I imaged Twilight would become before becoming an alicorn, I imagined the "next step" Celestia mentioned as Twilight learning a new form of magic such as maybe dark magic for example. She has shown an aptitude for it but is no master of it yet.

• Brohoof 1

I liked the episode she became one, but I don't like the idea. It changes the whole dynamic of the show, and honestly, doesn't open up a whole lot of new ideas IMO. It just changes the show dramatically.

I'm actually not sure. I support it, I mean, there are so many new plots we can look forward to, but at the same time, Hasbro left behind so many possible storylines when they made Twilicorn.

I’m ok with Twilicorn on the whole i just feel like it happened too soon. we all kind of knew it was building up to this or something similar. i think the big question now is how are the writers going to handle her relationship with her friends now that she’s been elevated to a status above them? are they her friend or are they her subjects now? i think it provides an opportunity for some interesting episodes in season 4 and Twilight still has a lot of learning to do I’m sure.

I also not see how she could stand living in a castle unless it has the largest library in all of Equestria! :D

are they her friend or are they her subjects now? i think it provides an opportunity for some interesting episodes in season 4 and Twilight still has a lot of 

If they do this right probably a little of both, Twilight has not let her status get to her head before so I don't really see why it would now. If anything Twilight may be a bit uncomfortable with people bowing down to her and being formal with her especially her own friends. But we don't know what Twilights new responsibilities are going to be so there are many different directions they could take her relationship with her friends.

• Brohoof 1

I've heard others say that Twilight's transformation into a princess might change the show into The Twilight Sparkle Hour.

It certainly wouldn't, but given that it would, my question for you, is, would that really be such a bad thing?

Yes, I support Twilicorn.

would that really be such a bad thing?

Yes, it would and I am saying this as someone who has Twilight tied with Applejack and Luna for his favorite pony. Twilight getting alot more attention at first does make sense as such a drastic change requires a great deal of character development in order to work but it is her friends and her interactions with them and other characters which really makes Twilight Sparkle a great character. She worked hard to hone her skills as a mage but neglected all other aspects of her life until season 1 where she had no choice but to make friends which makes her character and the show itself a good lesson in balance and moderation. Making it the "Twilight Sparkle Hour" would take a huge crap on this.

• Brohoof 4

I've heard others say that Twilight's transformation into a princess might change the show into The Twilight Sparkle Hour.

It certainly wouldn't, but given that it would, my question for you, is, would that really be such a bad thing?

Yes, I support Twilicorn.

the writers already realize theres only so much they can do with the mane 6 thats why we have the cutie mark crusaders. kinda a sub group to fall back on so the main characters wont get too stale over the corse of a season. if anything I think the show might need a little more of this. maybe start officaly exsploring some of these background ponys we've come to love. now i'm not saying abanon Twilight and her friend all together, hay no, i'm just saying maybe move on to some others once or twice a season so it dosen't become the "Twilight Sparkel Hour" as it were.

• Brohoof 1

the writers already realize theres only so much they can do with the mane 6 thats why we have the cutie mark crusaders. 

Actually I think there is a lot they still have left in the tank for all the mane 6, but out of them I think the ones with most untapped potential are Applejack and Rarity in large part because they are the most misunderstood of the mane 6 among the fans. Applejack has that reputation as being the boring one and seems like a simple character but is far deeper than a lot of people realize and Rarity has that complex sort of conflict between her shallow, vain and selfish side and her generous and compassionate side but the writers seem to play up her negatives a bit too much for comedic effect except in episodes that focus on her. I am still of course in favor of exploring the CMC as well as some secondary and background characters a bit more as well though. I would especially like to see more of Luna and Zecora.

• Brohoof 1

@,

@@H.P.Lovecolt24,

You're right, the show is a lesson in moderation itself, but I I'm not quite sure you understood what I meant about Twilight. Doing away with her friends, which will never ever happen, or making them smaller or more useless as in Equestria Girls, is not what I'm saying. That would destroy the whole purpose of the show.

What I meant to come across as saying was that Twilight Sparkle being focused on even more would really make the show more exciting for me - that's why I'm all for Twilicorn. I mean, she sort of runs the show in the finales and premieres, but seeing her used as a guru for her friends once or twice all throughout Season 4 would be ideal for making the show more exciting.

Nevertheless, it might be that the writers have something even better planned out for Season 4, I'm looking forwards to it. I think that whether or not it was planned, it was brilliant to make Twilight a princess and leave the community diverse with different opinions as they wait for the next season, with everyone waiting to see how Twily is played out.

You're right about another thing though, as an afterthought, I would certainly like to see growth and development with Applejack and Rarity, as I've always seen them as sort of dull, bland, face-value, and very predictable characters.

What I meant to come across as saying was that Twilight Sparkle being focused on even more would really make the show more exciting for me - that's why I'm all for Twilicorn. 

The show already focuses on Twilight Sparkle the most of the mane 6 and it is likely that she will receive even more attention in season 4 due to her promotion as to how much attention and whether it will be justified or a bit heavy handed nobody really knows for sure yet. I like Equestria Girls despite the fact that it had so much focus on Twilight as opposed to the others but even so it did make me a bit more optimistic about twilicorn as I had low expectations of that movie. The writers will have a difficult balancing act between having enough character development for Twilight for this to work while also not having everypony else be completely overshadowed by her which is unfortunately compounded by the flawed introduction to twilicorn. Her being used a guru for her friends can work if done right but I think Zecora fills that role much better and I think it would make more sense at this point to have her take on that role at least until Twilight gets a bit more adjusted to her new responsibilities.

(edited)

@,

Zecora is a mystic, a mysterious, interesting figure that has served as a mentor to Twilight Sparkle in the past, and will probably mentor Applebloom in the future, but with no real authority or power besides smoke screens and potions.

However, Twilight was originally intended to replace Celestia, and while I can't envision that happening, it would be nice to see Twilight grow and change to fill a more leaderlike and possibly more manipulative role, somewhat akin to Celestia, but not quite. Ack, that's a mouthful.

Edited by Dark Horn

I'm excited to see where this is going. We'll just have to wait and see how the writers are going to use this, we need to have at least a little faith in them that they'll turn this into something good.

Remember this show is for little girls, and they like princesses. This show isn't targeting older men. We'll have to wait and see and trust the writers.

Guest Soulful Wish

I think the show is heading off in a nice direction, Twilight's ascension will only add to the possibilities of new adventures and obsticles for Twilight and the Mane Six to overcome.

(edited)

Its been awhile since I last posted in this here thread and not much has changed. I still don't support twilicorn and strangely enough, having so much extra time to think it over has made me support it even less than i originally did! I've been reading other comments and everyone has pretty much summed up all reasons I don't like twilicorn much better than I could say myself. But not gonna lie, i also have another reason for disapproving it which even i'll admit is really really stupid and kinda unjustified.... but i can't change the way i feel about it.

I must confess that I hate the Alicorn race with burning passion. Without any real reasons other cheapness, their superiority, and their OPness. That being said, I don't have a thing against the characters of alicorns (i still like luna very much for her personality), but I hate alicornism itself. I hate Alicorn OC's, i hate their demi-god status, i hate that Cadance was changed to an Alicorn rather than a unicorn like she was supposed to be, and i hate that Alicornism has now been forced into the mane six. What's wrong with Twilight being princess who is a unicorn?

I hate Alicorns because there's no ignoring their royal perfection anymore. It has been made clear by the show that earth ponies are the mostly lowly race you can get (remember how they were peasants in the pageant play? and how the non-earth mane six were *reduced* to the level of earth ponies by discord?), unicorn and pegasi are tied in class (soldiers and scholars/wealthy merchants in the pageant play), and Alicorns as the most superior class (royalty).  In other words, hate the inequality of the races.

*Down with the oppressive rule by the alicorn race! Let your voices in government be heard my earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi!!! REVOLUTION!!! DOWN WITH THE ALICORNS!!!* lol

Also, every time a previously normal character gets turned into an alicorn, its because of Hasbro's greedy asses. Because of this, i've learned to associate Alicornism with corporate greed. Alicorns reek of corporate meddling and it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 2

Yes, it would and I am saying this as someone who has Twilight tied with Applejack and Luna for his favorite pony. Twilight getting alot more attention at first does make sense as such a drastic change requires a great deal of character development in order to work but it is her friends and her interactions with them and other characters which really makes Twilight Sparkle a great character. She worked hard to hone her skills as a mage but neglected all other aspects of her life until season 1 where she had no choice but to make friends which makes her character and the show itself a good lesson in balance and moderation. Making it the "Twilight Sparkle Hour" would take a huge crap on this.

I kinda see where you're coming from on this. 

Before the Star Wars prequels, that series was about Luke and how he grows into becoming a Jedi Knight. 

After the prequels, it turned into The Darth Vader Show starring Darth Vader.

However, I trust these writers far more than I trust George Lucas.

Granted twilight is my favorite pony, I do. I feel that it can do a lot for the series, plus, I would like to see twilight with her own kingdom as well, that would be pretty boss

After the prequels, it turned into The Darth Vader Show starring Darth Vader.

It did become about Darth Vaders fall and redemption that much is true but I actually think that made it even more powerful even with the flaws that the prequels had especially episode 1. But yes I am of course going to agree that the writers of this show are a bit more trustworthy than George Lucas who had made some very stupid decisions thanks to his own ego. It is Hasbro that I don't trust as this was obvious unwarranted executive meddling on their part but I am at the very least much more optimistic that this will work than I was before despite my lingering doubts so we will have to see where this goes in season 4.

Its been awhile since I last posted in this here thread and not much has changed. I still don't support twilicorn and strangely enough, having so much extra time to think it over has made me support it even less than i originally did! I've been reading other comments and everyone has pretty much summed up all reasons I don't like twilicorn much better than I could say myself. But not gonna lie, i also have another reason for disapproving it which even i'll admit is really really stupid and kinda unjustified.... but i can't change the way i feel about it.

I must confess that I hate the Alicorn race with burning passion. Without any real reasons other cheapness, their superiority, and their OPness. That being said, I don't have a thing against the characters of alicorns (i still like luna very much for her personality), but I hate alicornism itself. I hate Alicorn OC's, i hate their demi-god status, i hate that Cadance was changed to an Alicorn rather than a unicorn like she was supposed to be, and i hate that Alicornism has now been forced into the mane six. What's wrong with Twilight being princess who is a unicorn?

I hate Alicorns because there's no ignoring their royal perfection anymore. It has been made clear by the show that earth ponies are the mostly lowly race you can get (remember how they were peasants in the pageant play? and how the non-earth mane six were *reduced* to the level of earth ponies by discord?), unicorn and pegasi are tied in class (soldiers and scholars/wealthy merchants in the pageant play), and Alicorns as the most superior class (royalty).  In other words, hate the inequality of the races.

*Down with the oppressive rule by the alicorn race! Let your voices in government be heard my earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi!!! REVOLUTION!!! DOWN WITH THE ALICORNS!!!* lol

Also, every time a previously normal character gets turned into an alicorn, its because of Hasbro's greedy asses. Because of this, i've learned to associate Alicornism with corporate greed. Alicorns reek of corporate meddling and it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

This was an extremely passionate hate rant that I actually enjoyed reading. I don't necessarily agree with your points, but I say you're more than entitled to your opinion. If you wanna rage, then rage! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :wub:

• Brohoof 3

I figure the writers must have some interesting storylines already mapped out for Twilicorn, so I'm really looking forward to next season!  Twilight is my favorite pony and I was happy to see her become an alicorn at the end of the season.  :wub:

I have to admit, though, I am biased because Twilight is so awesome.  :)

• Brohoof 1