Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What music would you want to play in the final battle?

Limey

(edited)

So my question is this.
In the final episode of the final series, in which the mane 6 has to go up against the most powerful and unforgiving villain in the series which is threatening the fate of the entire universe (or something over the top like that), what music would you have playing in the backdrop?

This is basically asking for the most epic, mood setting music you can think of, while still sounding like it could belong in Friendship is Magic.

This would be mine:

The final boss music for Mario and Luigi: Bowser's inside story. I can't really describe why, it just feels right.
  Edited by Spess
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I have numerous songs I would love to see them play....only the best for the MLP season finale -finale! Of course these probably wont be used, but that would so cool if they were. :P It'd be so epic!

Well, first, I would like to see the Legend of Zelda Ballad of the Goddes being played: 

Those feels....next, probably this: 

Sounds so cool! I could list more, but those would definitely be cool for the final battle....

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

they need to play an original power metal song from Dragonforce, lost horizon, or maybe Arch Enemy. because it's the last fight and they need to go out with some epic style, maybe they could do a homage to this Highlander scene.

Edited by zombronie
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well here are my options.

Note that most of then probably won't work, but hey I just put them because the sound awesome.

Ganon boss theme from ocarina of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpIn2xMJyv4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Demon king demise from skyward sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TdqKuCaWs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

King K. Rool from Donkey long Country 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9_RnUZf9n4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ridley's theme from super Metriod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9toMoL8fW-4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Contra 3 the final guntlet boss theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QdA6dh0-VY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edited by Phoenix237
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would have to go with Europa by Globus

Not sure how to post the direct vid...so there is the link. Song will sound very familiar to Robot Chicken fans.

Edited by Zenoah
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd love for them to play any of the boss themes from Metal Gear Rising because all the boss themes are so friggin' amazing.But if I had to choose one,it'd have to be Monsoon's theme.It would fit in very well for a high-octane battle.

I would also enjoy the final boss theme from Bayonetta as well.Very epic and really sets the mood for a final epic battle.

The theme for fighting the dragon in Dragon's Dogma also gets a mention.It's some high quality epic-battle music and I can totally imagine Twilight or some other pony having to scale a dragon while listening to this song.

Edited by CaptainBlue808
  • Brohoof 1

Anakin Vs Obi Wan theme it has that epic fight to the finish feeling to it

Golbez theme would work perfectly it King Sombra were to return or Twilight became corrupted

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Did you say battle? Do you want majestic? Let's take things a big step back and bring out the BIG GUNS, and I do mean quite literally! Right around the 2:47 mark for best results!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

If there would be a final battle again just like in A Canterlot Wedding I will choose Mythodea Part 1 by Vangelis.

Unless there are no villain like in Magical Mystery Cure.

Edited by Ulrik Raben
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm..a battle theme I like that wouldn't sound too out of place in My Little Pony? That's a tough one. But my final battle would be bigger and more dramatic than anything we've yet seen, so...

Have some "Violent Emotion," from the tactical RPG Phantom Brave. :D  Totally badass but not too dark for the kiddies.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@,@@TwiliciousAlkoi, I would never think that Mario of all games would have music that would be so fitting.  Thank you for proving me wrong. (those pieces were gorgeous!)

Anyways, on topic, some of the Fire Emblem battle themes could work well.  There's 'Unshakable Faith' from Fire Emblem (the first released in the US):

There's also 'The Final Battle' from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, which probably fits better with MLP:

Sadly, those are the only two of the series I've been able to complete other than Shadow Dragon...

We could also be abstract and scare the life out of all children (and possibly many of us, myself included) and go with 'Apparition de l'Eglise eternelle' by Olivier Messiaen.  For this, I would imagine the villain giving some sort of monologue while the Mane Six/princesses/other ponies futilely attempt to defeat them, and reaching the height of their power around 5 minutes in.  Again though, this wouldn't fit with MLP in the slightest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUgm1Pp_l9Y

Edited by Antismurf9001

@,@@TwiliciousAlkoi, I would never think that Mario of all games would have music that would be so fitting.  Thank you for proving me wrong. (those pieces were gorgeous!)

Here is a couple more for the road, the first one is the 2nd final boss battle theme in Super Mario RPG and the other one is Bowsers final boss theme in Super Mario 64.

• Brohoof 1