Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which language do you prefer when it comes to watching MLP:FIM?

Wallroux

English or else?  

35 users have voted

1. 1. How do you watch MLP?

• I watch it in English, without subtitle.
    • I watch it in English, with English subtitle.
    • I watch it in English, with a different subtitle.
    • I watch it in my mother language.
    • I watch it in a different language, with English subtitle.
    • I watch it in a different language, without subtitle.
    • I watch it in a different language, with a different subtitle.
  2. 2. Which one is better?

• The original MLP:FIM.
    • The dubbed MLP:FIM.

I just wonder how good the dubs are.I can say that the Hungarian dub is quite good, but the songs are just horrible, so I watch every eposide in English, with English subtitle on.

• Brohoof 2

I always watch MLP in English, the Swedish version is horrible. The voice acting is failed (although the voice actors for Pinkie Pie and Twilight are pretty good), and it just feels awkward somehow. Maybe I'm just so use to watching the original version

• Brohoof 2

I like some of the Japanese dubbed songs in MLP, like this day aria. Italian songs aren't that bad, and I only speak English. Sp tp answer your question, I'd likek one order of noodles, with a cheeseburger and a side of lobster.

• Brohoof 1

I just wonder how good the dubs are.I can say that the Hungarian dub is quite good, but the songs are just horrible, so I watch every eposide in English, with English subtitle on.

Oh, hi there fellow Hungarian brony! :D (hogy ityeg?)

From what I've heard it's actually quite bad and "girly" so I never even tried watching Hungarian dub.

I'm sticking with the original thank you!

• Brohoof 1

Thank you for your answers!

I'd likek one order of noodles, with a cheeseburger and a side of lobster.

Well, in this case, it will be TEN bits!

Oh, hi there fellow Hungarian brony! :D (hogy ityeg?)

From what I've heard it's actually quite bad and "girly" so I never even tried watching Hungarian dub.

I'm sticking with the original thank you!

Oh, finally!I knew that i couldn't be the only one! ^_^ (Kis nemzetünk ellenére mindenhol ott vagyunk! :ph34r: )

Bad and girly? I think they're just cute!

I personally watch every episode in Klingon. Occasionally, I'll watch it in ancient Babylonian with cuneiform subtitles, but the songs are terrible.

Seriously though, I watch it in English with subtitles, and I'm from the USA.

• Brohoof 1

I tried watching in Spanish since I'm trying to learn, but some of the voices are just awful. So I'll be sticking with English. I do love fluttershy french voice :3

• Brohoof 2

I haven't watched the series in anything other than in English. It would be fun to watch in Japanese though, just to see how well the voices fit the characters in a different language.

• Brohoof 1

I have yet to watch MLP in other languages besides english. Mostly due to the fact I have not looked any up, but I found out a group who dubs different Japanese shows, well be dubbing the first season when it comes out. I just want to see how they do.

• Brohoof 1

What are these "other" languages you speak of? I live in America; we speak English and English. (I really wish I could speak German, though)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If I can find a Spanish dubbed version without subtitles, I'd love to watch it. I'm learning Spanish, and it would be interesante a veo qué yo puedo empiezo

(It'll be interesting to see what I can understand, is what I meant anyway.)

Edited by /b/etez
  • Brohoof 1

Howdy all!

Since I live in the US of A I watch the show in English.

I do get a kick out of watching FIM clips in other languages on YouTube.

(Songs, scenes from various episodes)

Interesting somepony mentioned Japan as FIM will air next month on TV Tokyo.

(First 2 seasons Japanese dub & English dubbed with JP Subs)

See ya!

• Brohoof 1

I watch it in English first, then I watch it in Japanese with English subtitles. It's hilarious watching the voice actors they picked; I don't like anime for no reason, you know.

• Brohoof 1

I mostly watch it in English, especially if it's an episode I've never seen before, but I'll occasionally watch episodes in French without subtitles in an attempt to improve my French listening.

• Brohoof 1

I mostly watch it in English, especially if it's an episode I've never seen before, but I'll occasionally watch episodes in French without subtitles in an attempt to improve my French listening.

I see the point, but with French subtitles it would be even better I think, since you could see what they're saying.Yeah...would be a nice stuff for me to do too, but I am so proud of myself as I understood French Haute Couture the very first time I heard it that it will take a few weeks to start...

with French subtitles it would be even better I think,

Nah, if I have subtitles I get lazy and stop trying to translate the French in my head, it totally defeats the point of watching the episodes in French for me. 

• Brohoof 1

Nah, if I have subtitles I get lazy and stop trying to translate the French in my head, it totally defeats the point of watching the episodes in French for me. 

I suppose you're right, but native spoken French is everything but easy to understand, so even if you won't concentrate on the speech, you'll hear it while reading the text, and you will  even be able to look up the unknown words! 

I suppose you're right, but native spoken French is everything but easy to understand, so even if you won't concentrate on the speech, you'll hear it while reading the text, and you will  even be able to look up the unknown words! 

For me it's not so much about understanding what's being said so much as getting used to hearing the French language and picking out words I understand; I'm not very good at French listening you see. 

• Brohoof 1

What are these "other" languages you speak of? I live in America; we speak English and English. (I really wish I could speak German, though)

xD I hope you never tried the german dub, it´s very... awkward, yea

I watch in english, I can understand everything, and if I don´t get something the content makes it clear. The songs are killing in german, and the voicing ain´t too good either :D...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I watched every episode in English.

My native language however is Spanish.

Growing up I watched T.V In English and movies in Spanish. So because of that I have watched some episodeds in Spanish. The voices are okay in my opinion, not the best, but trust me I have heard worse dubing.

Edited by Phoenix237
  • Brohoof 1