mega thread Favourite Musicians or Band

Legit101

There's far too many bands out there to pick any single favorite. A lot of the time I'll only like a few songs a good amount and the rest I'll listen to but not feel are particularly special.

There are some bands that I really like their sound regardless of the song though.

Disturbed

Skeletonwitch

Masterplan

Black Majesty

Scar Symmetry

Disarmonia Mundi

Nocturnal Rites

Hammerfall

Dethklok

Trivium

Soilwork

Poets of the Fall

Breaking Benjamin

...Yeah. There's a lot of them. As for the why, I like my music with melody in general the bands I mentioned have copious amounts of melody, and just the right type of melody to draw me in. Also just enough variety to fit my mood.

I also adore David Draiman's voice. He makes Disturbed for me.

But don't get me wrong, there are a lot of bands who have one or two utterly amazing songs that if more of their music sounded like that I would be utterly in love with them. Alas I must deal with 90% generic shit from them. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

It's just me being picky. Their line-up changes a lot.

A lot of bands change their lineup. They're a group of people who play music together. That's what makes them a band regardless of how many new members they get.

A lot of bands change their lineup. They're a group of people who play music together. That's what makes them a band regardless of how many new members they get.

Huh... That's true.

Maybe I should have thought a little more before I added that bit of 'opinion'.

I don't have an overall favorite band, so I'll just list the ones I do like:

Megadeth

Metallica

Whitechapel

Dethklok

Xandria

Disturbed

Rammstein

Parkway Drive

Bullet For My Valentine

Amon Amarth

Arch Enemy

DragonForce

As I said before, I don't really have an all time favorite band, just favorite songs. But the majority of those songs come from the aforementioned bands.

My whole list of favorite bands are on my profile. I'm constantly finding new favorite bands, mostly underground bands that aren't heard of that deserve a ton of recognition.

My favorite band as of now is Kartikeya. 

and @thegamerator10 : I've merged your topics with the original favorite band/artist topic.  In the future, search to see if there are any topics similar to the one you're planning to make.

As for me, my favorite band (aside from a certain squeaky trio) is Cake.  I just love their sound, it always relaxes me and puts me in a good mood.

• Brohoof 1

There are a lot of bands that play songs I like. If I had to pick one I like the most, it's New Order because I like how their songs sound and how they write their lyrics. I have a t-shirt of New Order. Through all the times I've worn it, I got three comments from strangers. I had a person from Hot Topic in Sunvalley Mall say "Is that New Order?!" and later on, a person from Whole Foods say "I like your shirt a lot." Most recently and unexpectedly, at college while walking around, one college student outside said "Wholly (censored), is that New Order? I like your shirt."

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have an overall favorite band, so I'll just list the ones I do like:

Megadeth

Metallica

Whitechapel

Dethklok

Xandria

Disturbed

Rammstein

Parkway Drive

Bullet For My Valentine

Amon Amarth

Arch Enemy

DragonForce

As I said before, I don't really have an all time favorite band, just favorite songs. But the majority of those songs come from the aforementioned bands.

You forgot Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Ozzy Osbourne.

At least, those are bands I like. I don't know about you.

There's far too many bands out there to pick any single favorite. A lot of the time I'll only like a few songs a good amount and the rest I'll listen to but not feel are particularly special.

There are some bands that I really like their sound regardless of the song though.

Disturbed

Skeletonwitch

Masterplan

Black Majesty

Scar Symmetry

Disarmonia Mundi

Nocturnal Rites

Hammerfall

Dethklok

Trivium

Soilwork

Poets of the Fall

Breaking Benjamin

...Yeah. There's a lot of them. As for the why, I like my music with melody in general the bands I mentioned have copious amounts of melody, and just the right type of melody to draw me in. Also just enough variety to fit my mood.

I also adore David Draiman's voice. He makes Disturbed for me.

But don't get me wrong, there are a lot of bands who have one or two utterly amazing songs that if more of their music sounded like that I would be utterly in love with them. Alas I must deal with 90% generic shit from them. :lol:

HammerFall?

Great choice.

I like so many bands, can't choose :P

So here's my top bands

-All of the big four bands (Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth)

-All of the teutonic Thrash bands (Kreator, Sodom, Destruction, Tankard, Darkness, etc...)

-Some canucks bands (Voivod, Razor, Sacrifice, Exciter, Disciples of Power, Overthrow, Anonymus etc...)

-The Death Metal essentials (Morbid Angel, Vader, Deicide, Beyond Creation, Nile, Gorguts, etc...)
-And the Kvlt: Black Metal Bands (Mayhem, Burzum, Bathory, Skeletonwitch, Gorgoroth, etc...)

-And the rest of the crew (Black Sabbath, Fates Warning, Necrodeath, Schizo, Blessed Death, Bulldozer, Celtic Frost, Coroner, Dark Angel, ,Testament, Overkill, D.R.I., Death Angel, S.O.D., Demolition Hammer, Exodus, Exumer, Hellwitch, Iced Earth, Incubus (*NOT THEM BAND NAME STEALER THE TRUE THRASH INCUBUS*), Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Living Death, Legion Of The Damned, Malevolent Creation, Violent Force, Messiah, Merciless, Morbid Saint, Mortal Sin, Motorhead, Obituary, Onslaught, Possessed, Sabbat, Sadus, Sepultura, Venom, Solstice, etc and etc :P)

See why I can't choose? Because of so many good bands! lel /)