Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best refrence in your opinion.

Ponyta Sparkle

We all know that MLP has made lots of refrences, some only adults would get, some that no pony would get at all.

What is by far your favorite or what you think is the best refrence they made?

Mine is a tie between when the CMC build the golden apple float to a tune that sounds way too much like the A-Team, and how future Twilight looks like Snake from Metal Gear Solid.

Mahalo!

Id say The Big Lebowski reference since it's something almost NO younger people would get.. (Im 17)

Plus I mean..come on...BIG LEBOWSKI!!!   lol

I loved the Star Wars award ceremony at the end of "The Return of Harmony Part 2." Gotta love the animators for including little things like these.

Also, does self-referencing count?

Dat title drop.

• Brohoof 2

The Battlecloud scene from "Read It and Weep." I mean, think about it: Shortly after having an "Operation", some "My Little Ponies" play a game of "Battleship" involving "Bumblebee"s. Hasbro...

I-See-What-You-Did-There..png

• Brohoof 1

It's one of the most glaringly obvious in the entire show, but the Music Man reference in the Flim Flam brothers. Watching that episode was essentially ponified nostalgia for one of my favourite childhood VHSes :)

• Brohoof 1

I have several favorites.

Big Labowski - Everyone loves this one. There was also a Big Labowski reference in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, in the episode "Big Lablooski"

Diamond Dogs by David Bowie - A lot of people never go this one. David Bowie is awesome.

Doctor Who - In "It's About Time," the song playing when Snake Twilight appears is very similar to "I Am The Doctor."

Bill Cosby - Spike's first line in "Just For Sidekicks" was a Bill Cosby reference. "Spike is great, makin' a jewel cake" is a reference to "Dad is great, gave us a chocolate cake"

Pokemon - Twily=Rapidash

Edited by Bloo47

My personal favorite has already been mentioned, and that's the homage to the ending of Star Wars Episode IV in Return of Harmony Part 2. 

So I'm going to have to go with my second favorite, the "Blazing Saddles" reference in "Swarm of the Century":

Twilight:  "Rainbow Dash, you distract them.  Everyone else, we need to build an exact copy of Ponyville right over there.  We've got less than a minute!"

Hmmmm, either the Big LeBowski reference, or several Star Wars and Lord of the Rings references, due to me being a complete nerd with no love life happy.png .Nah, I'm just messing with ya. I like those references because it reminds me of the times I enjoy watching it. There were several Gollum references, with the Diamond Dogs, Twilight freaking out, and also two Star Wars references, such as Shining Armor's glasses in the Season 3 premier, and Zecora "Training" Twilight. Overall, I like all the references, but those are my most notable. 

Metal Gear Twilight has definitely been my favorite so far. Would love to see more nods like that. Since just like any good nod, if you know what it is you catch it. If you don't know what it is, it doesn't affect your viewing in the slightest.

One of my personal favorites is Roid Rage/Snowflake or Macho Pony as I often call him because he is such an obvious reference to Macho Man Randy Savage.