Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The most epic owning of an anti-brony

HOi i'm tEMMIE

This is a word to word reenactment of my meet up with an anti-brony. I saw this anti-brony at school talking crap about bronies this is how it turned out.

Me: What is it about bronies specifically that you don't like?

Anti-brony:I hate bronies because I don't find the appeal of watching a little girl's show. It's just 65 episodes of stupid,unfunny crap.

note:this person has only seen the first episode.

Me: Ok I can take you not liking the show but once you start hating not just a person but a humongous group of people just because they watch something you don't like is ridiculous. Good day and have a pleasant tomorrow. 

Moral of the story? southern Texas is a terrible place to be a brony. 

Now I ask my fellow bronies, did I handle this situation well?

Edited by mrbman9001
  • Brohoof 5

You didn't convert him. How could you? !

Just Kidding.

You handled this very well and it is his loss for not giving this show a proper chance.

Good Job ;)

Edited by Blue_Moon

Yes I think you did, you were polite yet firm and gave him enough rope to hang himself with which he indeed did. It is sad that people make such harsh judgments without giving this show a chance but the joke is really on them.

The fact that somebody hates a group of people for simply liking something they don't is very narrow-minded dry.png . I think you handled the situation very well and good for you on not trying to force the show onto them and being understanding about them not liking the show.

• Brohoof 1

I think you handled it pretty well overall, I personally would've just walked away and ignored them, but ya know your way was ok to.

Some people don't like the show because they have watched and dislike it, and thats ok, but people who've never given it a chance are just being narrow minded.

• Brohoof 1

Excellent handling of the situation there.Didn't feed the troll nor did you try to convert him,but you did tell him the error of his ignoranace of judging a whole group of people.Very well done.

Though I wouldn't say it's an "epic owning" of a hater,but you did handle it well.

i dont believe it. hes clearly a closet brony if he knew how many episodes existed. i dont like the jersey shore, and i have no idea how many episodes were produced. 

theres more to liking MLP then just the show. personally, im more into the fanfic and artwork, and rarely watch the show at all unless theres new episodes, or im just in the mood. 

Well handled, regardless. 

The most amazing way to stop people from being haters is to ignore them. Yet somehow this remains a very rare tactic among our community, I can only ask why.

Probably because those who do that aren't very vocal about it.

OP here had the, albeit small amount of, courage to vocalize his unpopular opinion in real life and did so calmly, so I imagine he feels somewhat proud of himself and wanted to share.

I ignore everyone in real life like the plague, regardless of their discussion topic and if they are bashing on something I like(unless it is New Vegas or STALKER), and, I don't know about you, but doing so doesn't inspire me to make threads on this forum.

i think you handled yourself pretty well! good job! if it was me i would have just got really really quiet and chuckled nervously and waked away, im not good under those situations. but thats not the point. the point is you did great!

• Brohoof 1

Well...I wouldn't call it what you called it, but you handled it well!  Congrats!

I probably would have ignored it, or passed by him and casually said 'Good for you!'

And if I was less shy, I probably would have asked.  'And you know it has 65 episodes?  So you must either be a closet brony, or obsessed with hating bronies!'

• Brohoof 1

I'd say that you handled it well. This reminds me: one of the things being a brony has taught me is to try to not judge other people. I used to make jokes about Justin Bieber and his fans a lot, for example. Once I found out what it was like to be generalized against and hated for liking something in the media, I realized that what I was doing was no different. 

• Brohoof 2

Would just like to add while it's usually best just to  ignore them i still think you handled it in a nice way without being truly angry at him. Maybe he'll even learn something about judging people simply due to being part of a fandom. sometimes you need to have people look at themselves in the mirror.

• Brohoof 1

hehe, this reminds me of a good friend i have. whenever he overhears something he's a part or a fan of being bashed, he makes a face and says "oh, really? i'm one, let's talk about it." ^   ^

this was a great way to handle someone being negative! you weren't rude, and even educated them a little on something they didn't know much about. my question is...if they don't like the show (even hate it) and have only seen one episode...how did they know there was a total of 65 episodes? o ^ o and the 3rd season only recently ended too...