Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Too much of the Apple family?

Cupcake Ice Cream

Possibly unpopular opinion but oh well

I realize alot of brony's like Applejack and that is fabulous but what is with the sudden big rush of the Apple Family?

Family Appreciation Day, Last Roundup, Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, and soon Hearts and Hooves Day

I mean I like AJ and her family as much as the next pony but I could use an Apple Family break

Don't take this as an "I hate AJ" thread....just a bit overwhelmed

• Brohoof 2

I'd say it's poor episode placement. I don't know how episodes are produced and made, but we had 2 Rainbow episodes in a row, 1.5 Rarity episodes (I give .5 for Secret to My Excess), and now 2 Applejack/Apple Family episodes in a row.

AppleJack hasn't been in the spotlight much like Pinkie and Dash, sometimes bronies realize they been wrong with their love and love the unloved characters to stand out and show some of the compassion we're famous for.

point taken I guess I just didn't want so much at once...Pinkie and Rarity are my ponies and I am not sure I'd want a ton of pinkie in a row or so close together

I've been wondering what happened to Fluttershy, since she has kind of faded off into the periphery. Arguably you can consider May the Best Pet Win! to be a Fluttershy episode, except most of the focus is on Rainbow Dash. There hasn't been an exclusively Fluttershy-centric episode since the first season.

Fluttershy aside, yes, the Apple family has been receiving an inordinate amount of focus. The episodes should have been spread across the season rather than bunched together.

I'm beginning to feel that as well, especially because the focus on the Apple family is actually taking away from the focus on Applejack herself. Her family has been overshadowing her.

Of course we also need to hear more about Fluttershy too. She's practically vanished for all intents and purposes and it's really unfortunate.

I want to see a Scootaloo episode. We basically know nothing about her. Does she have a family? Is she adopted? Where does she live? I want to know these things!

I definitely agree. Not anything against Applejack or the family, but I really feel like the focus this season has been on the family way too much.

I do think that more Applejack centric episodes should come about. The one a couple of weeks ago was fantastic, however few episodes have actually been about her. Her sister has gotten more attention than her, and I don't really like that.

We need more episodes focused on the mane six. They are the main characters, and honestly, it feels like the Apple family has gotten a lot more attention than Twilight Sparkle, which is odd.

Meh, its whoever scheduled the episodes. Seriously, whoever did it liked grouping the character's episodes together. I'm sure if the episodes aired in a different order, you wouldn't notice all the Apple episodes.

Applejack is too bucking underrated. Not that nopony loves her, it's just that when, compared to the others...

I would be inclined to disagree. She seems to be very well received and well liked. Rainbow Dash tends to make more of an impact, so to speak, given her demeanor and attitude; the same can be said of Pinkie Pie. But it's not as if Applejack is neglected; she works better when teamed with another pony for an episode rather than a.) having the attention focus solely on her for an extended period or b.) being an ancillary character to Apple Bloom. Not that there is inherently anything wrong with Apple Bloom.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303

I would be inclined to disagree. She seems to be very well received and well liked. Rainbow Dash tends to make more of an impact, so to speak, given her demeanor and attitude; the same can be said of Pinkie Pie. But it's not as if Applejack is neglected; she works better when teamed with another pony for an episode rather than a.) having the attention focus solely on her for an extended period or b.) being an ancillary character to Apple Bloom. Not that there is inherently anything wrong with Apple Bloom.

yea...

This season's lack of Fluttershy is disappointing, and I know fellow bronies agree with me.

The Apple family has had enough spotlight for the second season. There've been three or so episodes (my counting may be wrong) in a row now concentrating on members of the Apple family.

Also, Scootaloo is legit. B)

Edited by Saga
  • Brohoof 1

Possibly unpopular opinion but oh well

I realize alot of brony's like Applejack and that is fabulous but what is with the sudden big rush of the Apple Family?

Family Appreciation Day, Last Roundup, Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, and soon Hearts and Hooves Day

I mean I like AJ and her family as much as the next pony but I could use an Apple Family break

Don't take this as an "I hate AJ" thread....just a bit overwhelmed

The Apple family is the founding family of Ponyville. They're very important and well respected leaders in the community. Of course that means we'll see a lot of them!

• Brohoof 1

yea...

That's an interesting poll, though I wouldn't take it entirely at face value. More importantly, Applejack receiving more appearances doesn't negate or reverse the trend of her being "underrated." Forcing her to be popular, which I doubt is the intention of the writers, is not the way to go.

My guess is that they want to provide more foundation for Ponyville as well as one of the more established on screen families. But they have done quite a bit of that already.

I'll have to agree with you there. I love the apple family as much as anyone but they need to keep rotating the focus of the episodes or they will get boring. It would be the same with any other character, or group of characters.