Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Songs you like that aren't in your preferred genre(s)?

Champion RD92

I listen to all sorts of music (despite having started the Metal thread) and tend not to worry about genre.

But there are some pop songs that stuck with me from back in the day thanks to TRL.

wow I haven't heard one of her songs since I was a kid lol

I remember when I was a kid, I saw one of her music videos and I thought she was really cute lol XD

• Brohoof 1

I am not too much of a fan of country music but I am a big fan of Johnny Cash in large part because though his music it is also a mix of rock and roll which makes it more palpable to me than most other country songs. My favorite song by him is Ring of Fire

And I am not too big on rap either mainly because I just grow bored with almost every song being about "bitches" and "hoes" but I love John Cena's theme though he lays the boyscout persona on a little thicker than I would like sometimes he does kick some serious ass in the ring when he puts his mind to it.

• Brohoof 2

I'd say just about anything by the Gorillaz because I normally dislike Rap/Hip Hop however they are an exception to that rule.

I'd say there have been maybe a few rap songs I've enjoyed even though that genre is generally one I avoid.

• Brohoof 1

For the longest time I've been a jazz/classical/rock/blues guy.  I've despised mainstream pop with a fiery passion however I still enjoy this little pop tune from the 90's.

• Brohoof 1

I'm more of a classic rock (Beatles, Led Zeppelin, etc.) guy, but I actually really like Fun. I find myself enjoying some Adele and even Alicia Keys, too. No particular song(s) I'd like to mention, though.

I generally have a burning hatred for most pop (especially dance) music, mainly because of the lack of actual musicianship and the fact that lyrics seem to center around nothing but partying. Buuuut there are a couple that I'd regard as a guilty pleasure:

Really, I think the only reason I can stand them is because both feature actual instruments, and because both singers are actually good enough not to need Auto Tune. AT and all producers who endorse it can burn in hell, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Lowline

• 8 months later...

I have a few weird songs that I like that aren't in J-Pop, anime music, and pop music.

"Bohemian Like You" by The Dandy Warhols

"One Fine Day" by The Offspring (The chorus of this sounds like the chorus Kodomo no Jikan ending Hanamaru Sensation)

"Just One Last Time" and "Where Them Girls At" by David Guetta

"Girlfriend" by Matthew Sweet

"S** for Yo Stero" by Trey Songz

"Holidae Inn" and "Right Thurr" by Chingy

I usually listen to rock and punk music. But, I do listen to some pop msuic. There are quite a few pop songs that I like. The famous Backstreet Boys and NSYNC are alright also.

Im also not into Irish Punk but Flogging Molly is pretty badass.

Many times I have said I dislike country yet Johnny Cash in my opinion is one of those artists that are very rare. I love the messages he has in his songs.

Yeah I hate country too, but that's like the one country song I like.

• Brohoof 1

The music i listen to is mostly metal/rock/blues, but every once in a while i find something fucking awesome that has nothing to do with any of those.

Like Lindsey Stirling, she's pretty awesome.

Now i'm an extremely white kid and i know nothing about rap but i like Tech N9ne.

Edited by ThatFinnMetalhead

Like Lindsey Stirling, she's pretty awesome.    

That was a great song.

Ballad of Serenity. Normally I stay clear of anything remotely country, but dang, this song is good. In truth, I generally judge songs individually rather than by genre.

Other Unlikely songs that I like:

Ring of Fire, Johnny Cash

Gangnam Style, Psy

Tsukikari, Rie Fu

Rotkäppchen, Varg

Call Me Maybe has potential, it just needs a little editing, removal of all vocals being first and foremost.