Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BTJunkie quitting

Legit101

Well I have no cluse whats going on with TPB.

Since that place keeps changing owners, so when they main people get in trouble it goes to someone else and the site stays up anyway.

From what i read though, the swedish prisons are apparently awesome.

Edited by Jawmuncher
  • Brohoof 1

Actually, Legit gave a pretty good idea of what it was, its like a search engine for torrents. Same as TPB. They don't host the files, they just make it easy to find them.

Lots of websites going down recently. Who needs SOPA/PIPA?

Well I have no cluse whats going on with TPB.

Since that place keeps changing owners, so when they main people get in trouble it goes to someone else and the site stays up anyway.

From what i read though, the swedish prisons are apparently awesome.

To quote their blog

"Year of the storm

2012 is the year of the storm.

The Pirate Bay will reach an age of 9 years. Experiencing raids, espionage and death threats, we're still here. We've been through hell and back and it has made us tougher than ever.

The people running the site has changed during the years. No sane human being would put up with this kind of pressure for 8 years in a row. An insane hobby that takes time from our families, our work (sorry boss) and our studies.

What binds us all together is a strong belief that what we do is good. That it is something we one day can tell our grandchildren about with pride. People from all over the world confirm this. We read testimonials from people in Syria longing for freedom, thanking us for what we provide. We receive more than 100 visits daily from North Korea and we sure know that they need it. If there's something that will bring peace to this world it is the understanding and appreciation of your fellow man. What better way to do that than with this vast library of culture?

With this said, we hear news from our old admins that they have received a verdict in Sweden. Our 3 friends and blood brothers have been sentenced to prison. This might sound worse than it is. Since no one of them no longer lives in Sweden, they won't go to jail. They are as free today as they were yesterday.

But what enrages us to our inner core is that the system, the empire, the governments, are still allowed to try to boss you and us around with one law crazier than the other. Do you think they will stop with SOPA/ACTA/PIPA? They will not. Because you won't stop sharing those files. Because we will not stay down. Because no one can turn back time. Together, we are the iron that hardens with each strike.

In this year of the storm, the winners will build windmills and the losers will raise shelters. So flex your muscles, fellow pirates, and give power to us all! Build more sites! More nets! More protocols! Scream louder than ever and take it to the next level!"

So, no. They aren't going to jail.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

"Year of the storm

2012 is the year of the storm.

The Pirate Bay will reach an age of 9 years. Experiencing raids, espionage and death threats, we're still here. We've been through hell and back and it has made us tougher than ever.

The people running the site has changed during the years. No sane human being would put up with this kind of pressure for 8 years in a row. An insane hobby that takes time from our families, our work (sorry boss) and our studies.

What binds us all together is a strong belief that what we do is good. That it is something we one day can tell our grandchildren about with pride. People from all over the world confirm this. We read testimonials from people in Syria longing for freedom, thanking us for what we provide. We receive more than 100 visits daily from North Korea and we sure know that they need it. If there's something that will bring peace to this world it is the understanding and appreciation of your fellow man. What better way to do that than with this vast library of culture?

With this said, we hear news from our old admins that they have received a verdict in Sweden. Our 3 friends and blood brothers have been sentenced to prison. This might sound worse than it is. Since no one of them no longer lives in Sweden, they won't go to jail. They are as free today as they were yesterday.

But what enrages us to our inner core is that the system, the empire, the governments, are still allowed to try to boss you and us around with one law crazier than the other. Do you think they will stop with SOPA/ACTA/PIPA? They will not. Because you won't stop sharing those files. Because we will not stay down. Because no one can turn back time. Together, we are the iron that hardens with each strike.

In this year of the storm, the winners will build windmills and the losers will raise shelters. So flex your muscles, fellow pirates, and give power to us all! Build more sites! More nets! More protocols! Scream louder than ever and take it to the next level!"

Posted Image

Edited by Legit101
  • Brohoof 1

I never used that site but it's still kind of scary with sites being taken down one after the other. I didn't even know they could take them down so easily. If they keep on, I can see a day when we can't even share files anymore.

I never used that site but it's still kind of scary with sites being taken down one after the other. I didn't even know they could take them down so easily. If they keep on, I can see a day when we can't even share files anymore.

That won't happen. The people who support a free Internet are much more intelligent in these matters than those who don't, so new ways to file share will pop up. And like always, it will take the government years to come up with some half assed attempt to stop it.

One dies and another rises from its ashes, just as a phoenix! (yes I just compared a torrent website to a phoenix :P )

The internet is changing our world, and either companies will have to evolve to better deal with how the internet is making everything more free or the internet will have to become goverened by a Big Brother. I would rather see a free internet with media growing ever freer, Big Brother busts ma chops. I know money still must be made by companies, but they need to realize their copyrights won't work like they used to.